Public testing hype

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang that’s alot of edits

Im excited to be able to test new content. Everyone already knows as soon as I get on there im maxing 14 8/8 necros

Since you apparently start as an 8/8 that doesn’t seem like a tough job :wink:

Testing is also a great chance for new players to get a taste for what the game can offer once you get over the starting hump

Although after reading otherbill’s post this may not be a great thing

once upon a time I would have been super hyped for this, now I feel largely indifferent. as long as we have fewer bugs and eyesore disasters (LH I’m looking at you buddy) I’m happy with this, but I myself will likely not be participating at all.

turns out, I only want to test my own stuff. and I still have yet to convince DECA to put me in the UGC group.

you can try sending an email
maybe you’ll get lucky

To be honest, I’m largely in the same boat.

In the WildShadow days, 24/7 open testing led to the concept of the “testing-only player”, who played on testing only because it was RotMG on easy mode (enhanced drop rates, etc.) and never provided any feedback on the new content. Kabam got rid of open testing, and those players kept asking about it for years afterwards.

From this, my take on open testing is that it’ll be good feedback from players who actually use it to test new content, but it needs to be taken down often and the character database needs to be wiped frequently to prevent that style of player from coming back.

Announcement: Public Testing for RotMG

agreed, its worrying that some players will only play on the testing servers
and I feel the luxury of that should be owned by private testers, they actually do some serious stuff

They did say once they closed it you could use the same account again but would have to redo any characters

My professional background is in hardware validation/verification, but that’s close enough to software testing that I am well aware that testing can be quite rigorous work if you choose to embrace it. As a result, I don’t really view it as a “luxury”, I view it as a hard-earned privilege.

So, the server isn’t working yet?
Can we only play it when they release something we are allowed to test

i agree, maybe luxury wasnt the right word choice
but idk about this public testing thing
all we can do is see how it goes

luxury was a failed word choice

In reality @OtherBill is banned from all rotmg testing severs though I can’t say why under law of course

He has the seal of approval, ofc he wont be on.
He’ll wipe everyone off

oh cool

no need to rub it in bro
already corrected myself

I honestly don’t have much hype for this, as the public testing isn’t really “public”, as most of us often can’t even get onto the server even tho its “public”

What?

upvoted. :slight_smile:

They call it public, but we normal people can’t access it 95percent of the times while the tests can always access it, so it’s still not really 'public"