Public Testing: Presenting Nilshards

Public Testing is currently unavailable for a few hours

Ummmm have you thought about maybe making them inaccessible?

Ok but what the fuck is a Nildrop. That sounds like you’re collecting petrified shit like some sort of lame paleontologist.

this set looks awesome and the stats seem to be good

Yeah and a cube set? It’s a great time to be @Demonseye

That viking set looks awesome and has a nice gimmick to it

Overall, I really enjoyed the testing. I love the sprites, and the fact that the ring gives weaker classes for example Wizard an armoured buff when below 33% hp. The sprite pattern is really nice too, and the berserk buff is just amazing. Also, the mini viking set is really cool. Finally, bellas can drop from a event god which is awesome.

cube

yes Demonseye, cube.

Ok I spent some time on testing.

I think that the new knight set is very good. Actually, I would personally say that it’s the best knight set in the game.

It has a long range weapon with a range slightly lower than csword. However, the weapon is much better than csword because it has an increased rate of fire and the shots linger for a period of time. The shield has an insane stun range of 4.8 and the shield stun shots also linger. The armor is decent and the ring is very powerful, with a beserk damage boost and armoring effect with low hp (which honestly won’t save you that much but it’s a nice touch).

They basically took csword scutum knight and made it better. The set is also amazing on paladin with a t7 seal. People will say that because it does less damage that it isn’t overpowered, but I will say it is the most usable knight set.

The necromancer set is also insanely powerful. However, the necromancer set (unlike the knight set that has no weaknesses) has a big downside where it struggles to hit fast enemies (and you will also struggle to hit stationary enemies if you are dodging around a ton). The one complaint I have about the necromancer set is that the staff shots, cube companion, and robe blasts clutter the screen a ton and make it difficult to see incoming shots. I think it’s an overall well rounded set.

I will say I found belladonna’s garden more manageable with the changes, but a lot of people were upset that the shots now stunned and made the fight last longer. Overall I still feel that belladonna’s is largely a death trap dungeon that is incredibly hard for boring loots.

The nilshards continue to bring up the issue of space. I know that I won’t be able to use them and I just can’t have vaults full of crafting items. They are useful items that allow you to make some neat potions, but continue to be just one more thing that needs to be stored. It depends where they drop from but needing 16 nilshards to make an ore seems to be a high requirement.

Perhaps I missed some statement of DECAs, but I’d like to know why they haven’t buffed the T9 reskins after all this time. I’d use them even if they were only T11 reskins, like the winter weapons (because, let’s be honest here. Bella is still not as bad as O2 and doesn’t need to reward players that handsomely. But T9 isn’t as awesome now as it was in the olden days).

Bella’s is way harder than o2. Oryx 2 is extremely easy in a group, especially because you can leech hard phases like exploding suns

Consider:
it’s not timed and stops at a damage point, so if everyone leeches, phase never changes, so someone has to go in. Same thing with dance (unless you have a bard which lets staves and wands fire from outside of the ring and hit)

I was more thinking along the lines of what Nameness said. Bella does have a more enclosed space than O2 does, but I wasn’t considering the leechability in the fights, just the mechanics themselves. To be fair, there’s a lot of mid-game fights to leech, so I’m thinking of the efforts to engage in an actual combative effort in these kinds of scenarios.

Just some small feedback since there isn’t too much on this testing.

The skull from the necromancer set does an incredible amount of damage and could probably be toned down slightly (maybe to 400 from 600) The proc on the robe from the necro set would probably be more useful as on ability use than as on hit since it is only really useful when sitting on enemies (a situation you wouldn’t want to be getting hit in). The ring would also be a bit more useful with a smaller but more frequent heal so that the hp/sec is the same, just supplied more often.

The sword from the knight set is a bit too strong, essentially replacing every ranged sword. I think a slight nerf to the damage but an increase in dps stats at the 3/4piece bonuses would bring it more in line for use alone without hurting the utility of the set.

Nilshards seem like a good idea, what really matters is how frequently they will be accessible on production.

Nildrops are really bad in their current state. They are simply worse christmas consumables and will likely be annoying and/or expensive to acquire. I don’t think the idea of them is bad, but their current implementation is far too weak. Also, any stat increase items are immediately less desirable because stacking buffs with procs or other types of buffs is poorly implemented and/or nonfunctional.

The bella changes are alright, but I still think the dungeon is unnecessarily difficult for a seasonal dungeon. The slow during the rotation phase is the real issue, since it means that rotating is inconsistent. Removing the slow and adding a different status effect to the shots (or leaving them as just damage) would make the phase a lot fairer. In exchange, I think the buds should remain after their health is depleted until all 4 are dead so that you are forced to rotate instead of the current strategy of focusing 1 bud down and using the corner as a safe zone.

I didn’t get the opportunity to test the new leprechaun or the gardener so I won’t comment on them.

I just wanted to come back onto here now that the changes have gone into production.

The nilshards were implemented poorly. As many people on reddit have stated, making them a calendar filler is just evil.

The knight ST was nerfed to the ground with a massive loss of range for both the weapon and the shield as well as a loss of dps from the set bonus.

The necro set also suffered huge losses. The ring suffered a nerf and the skull no longer has any healing capabilities.

Deca continues to have issues when it comes to making ST sets. Both sets are now a waste of time to farm. I get that Deca wants sts to be inferior, but they always take longer than whites to get and it’s incredibly frustrating to see them be so mediocre,

The change to the forge was also poor. I was in favor of needing additional marks to craft items. The change they made blatantly favors pay to forge over actual dungeon completion.

Void blade was also changed very poorly.

I don’t know why they do the PTs if they’re just going to ruin everything.

Ok what the actual frick did they do to void blade. If they ruined it I’m actually going to be extremely mad

I tested the change out with the VBlade I have currently. Basically, the projectile hangs out for a moment before accelerating forward towards wherever you initially aimed, much like the Sewers Troom projectiles do. I… can live with it, but I’m not a fan.