Public Testing Status: Closed

Web: http://testing.realmofthemadgod.com/
Projector: https://rotmgtesting.appspot.com/client

If you make a new account, don’t forget that you have to verify the email just like you would on prod.

• All classes cost 0 gold to unlock.
  • A new character starts with level 20, 6/8, full tops, backpack and Lost Halls keys.
    • More UTs, Pet stuff, Cultist Hideout keys and The Void keys might become available later during the session.
  • The 10 star requirement for keys is disabled, tool tips have not been updated though.
  • Mystery Boxes (per account limits may apply)
    • Item: SuperFame, which grants 20000 base fame to supply pet needs.
    • Item: Feed, which has 50000 feed power.
    • Humanoid pet eggs.

Current session - Tuesday, March 20th -> Thursday, March 22nd - subjects:

In this thread we can keep any info related to status, special testing server properties, ETA for next sessions, testing topics and things like that. Properties may of course change depending on what needs to be tested.

Anybody have a general idea of when the next pt will be?

Testing subject: Ice Cave
I’m hoping for a complete rework of it, 5 out of 40 people clearing enemies is what it is currently.

While “Kill all the big bois” wasn’t a terrible premise for a dungeon, it was incredibly leech prone and not thought through at all. I hope it gets removed entirely or sees a huge change, personally.

So you can unlock all classes for free right now?

In the next session please include xp boosters it is really annoying having to level to test out different things

Qot…1?

I thought their forum name had to be their IGN?

It’s like that because the old Qot created his forum account before i got the name change

No that was just for testing because you had to test trickster and assassin which require character before it to be unlocked. This is not a feature of the normal game.
Ice cave was long overdue with a rework. Either you leeched, cleared, or died from the draggers, neither of which made for a particularly fun dungeon. Rn ice cave is honestly one of the most boring dungeons. Most of the people just stand around talking crap and yelling at clearers to hurry up.

Maybe make the “big bois” drop pots at a higher rate than gods (maybe dex, spd, wis, or vit, 2 out of the 4, one for big yeti, one for snowbat mama)

I’m glad we get a list of things to test. I feel like the first testing period was a bit vague althought I may have just missed a memo.

I also didn’t really do any testing I gave up after failing to level up my characters and I thought that I would have to get 10 stars to use any magic wood keys.

A good simple incentive not to leech would be something unique dropping only from the minions, like one piece of an ST drops from the bats, one from the MRRT snowmen. Such as a ring and a robe to go with Esben skull+staff to make another necro ST set.

And raised XP for bats and snowmen would reward the clearers.

The mechanics are all good in there, just people are lazy. Can’t force them to participate but can make them FOOLSssS to miss out.

Looking forward to seeing Ice Cave getting some improvements in any case however they’re done.

Or the apple just levels you to 20, that would be nice.

Failing to level characters? How? Especially with the +20 :stuck_out_tongue: well other then before the realm portal existed I guess (or it was closed when I was first there ;-; )

Giving up, getting bored or dying to a super buff crystal.

Not to mention the fact that I could use the keys didn’t really make leveling up seem worth it anyway.
I was actually leveling up to get stars but I thought it wasn’t worth my time.

I just couldn’t be bothered with finishing leveling on testing after clearing an entire abyss at like… level 8 or something like that and only hitting 13 and just got bored and stopped. 10/10 shouldn’t need to level in testing.

But what hour does the event start?

would you happen to be looking at changing the staff of esben? 'cause if you would, that’d be delightful. I’ve had it a few times and calling it “situational” felt like suicidal optimism most of the time.

I personally have always liked Ice Cave. Fun boss fight with pretty damn good loot drops, although drop rates could be increased. Plus the less people you have, the more challenging it is. But, it DOES tend to get steamrolled with 10+ people in it. Which can also put a damper on loot chances. But, the one thing we have to remember is that Ice Cave drops from Lotl, which drops arguably the most coveted UT in the whole game. So that alone makes people care even LESS about Ice Caves. Can’t WAIT for that new dungeon to drop from ents! Plus to see the new Ice Cave!