Pushups

How are you supposed to do push ups with your arms completely tucked in?

Thanks, but honestly am still curious whether my arms are tucked in close enough since it doesn’t seem very clear whether it is or not.

Have someone watch you or just have your arms nearly rubbing against your torso

Your elbows should be around your waist and your hands directly under it.
If you turn your head while doing them, you should clearly be able to see (if you can’t feel) your elbows in the correct position.

Just tried that out, my arms seem about to be in the right position, thanks.

If you feel your pectoral muscles engaging more towards the middle, your arms are probably in the right spot. If you feel them engaging more towards your shoulders, you’re probably too far out.

However, if you’re doing these for some sort of test, what you want to do is start with your hands facing out. As your pecs fatigue, gradually angle your hands inwards and let your elbows flare out a little more, engaging your outer pecs/shoulders. Once these muscles fatigue, go back to the first pushup form. You can increase your numbers by about 30% this way.

Am confused lol. But I would say my arm to my body is kind of in a 40 degree or so angle, is that right?

Wait I just realized… are my elbows supposed to move and be fairy close to the ground?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.