PvP gamemodes

This is just an idea, but I think it would be cool if there was some kind of pvp arena or gamemodes put into realm like last man standing or king of the kill. The risk of dying would be nice if removed, however, if the perma death was included in this type of pvp I think that would add to more tense gameplay. There can even be a loot system where you can steal the loot from dead players. Testing should take place first, in order to test OP weapons, and ban certain weapons that would be considered “unfair”.

Realm can become boring when you have almost everything in the game already (basically when there’s nothing to do). Pvp could add a new spark toward realm, to people wanting to “test their skill” at the game, there can even be guild battles. Pve can only go so far, but in pvp, there will always be somebody better than you, or in other words, there’s always room for improvement.

people dragging on each other is best PVP realm will have

no but i like the king of the hill idea

That would be nice, but wizard would dominate 100% odlf the time. High damage and range would be instant winners.

there’s a lot of issues unless the idea could somehow be scaled down. sorc, archer, and necro would be fairly strong because of their abilities to nearly instantaneously apply slow/paralyze while also dealing a considerable amount of damage. mystic would be outright hilarious because of the t6/aether orb combo - stasis then para, then stasis again, while you run away and basically nothing can touch you.

then there’s hackers with autoaim, and wizards with a ranged, high dps ability (that could potentially oneshot a player if using pierce). melees would generally be left at a disadvantage.

I think they’ve said in the past that due to the way Rotmg is programmed, with data going between the player and the server (eg. you never see other players move or shoot at the exact correct moment, there is always some delay), direct PvP wouldn’t be possible.

Not to say they couldn’t write some client-to-client version, but it sounds like they’d basically be writing a whole new game to do it.

It would I imagine be possible to have a game mode such as last one standing, if it was indirect PvP (where players were spawned somewhere to fight enemies, last one standing wins).

Edit, related discussion from April (closed): Which Class Would Win if PvP was in the Game?

That sounds like a great idea since that direct pvp might be a bit hard to program.

Any way that people could verse themselves in realm would be nice, even if its not by direct pvp.

Rogue

What if they revamped Arena and had a guild mode? Or more along the lines indirect PvP, allow multiple people to go inside the Arena and set mode to “last man standing”? It’s an existing feature that I’m sure they could mess around with to implement your ideas.

That is something I would love to see in realm!

@Leohe

@HrToHavFun Redox mentioned me and of course, I know why. I entered realmeye forum sometime last year with a well-made, so I think, idea of how a PVP could be introduced to the game of RotMG: Let's Introduce PVP :) . I created that idea based off of the belief that at some point, this game would become boring. Every dungeon either could be soloed or simply couldn’t, and therefore, there was no unpredictability. The most unpredictable dungeon was, in fact, the Arena, but such a dungeon could only go on for a certain amount of time, and at least from personal experience, it was more likely to lag out from the Arena then to actually die in it. Along with the massive amount of lag, the Arena suffered from another significant problem. Every single monster in the Arena had an algorithm that it ran off of and once the normal person figured out how these monsters worked, each individual monster also became predictable. The only way to remove this predictability would be to add in real-life people (or to use a really complex algorithm…) Essentially, my argument was that a PVP would be an interesting concept that could create an end-game battle in which one could not know for sure they would win, even if they were more skilled. Of course, some people disliked the idea of such a change. Most arguments against PVP were illogical. I’m going to try to split these arguments into three groups.

A. Noting a problem in PVP, choosing to ignore that it already existed in RoTMG.

a. For example, many of my early arguments were over the creation of a META in PVP. A legitimate problem. However, such a META exists in RotMG. I believe that the example used was a that a juggernaut warrior would be powerful in PVP. Personally, I disagree, but still, juggernaut warrior is already a META and not making a PVP is not going to suddenly remove juggernaut warrior from being a META.

B. They noted a problem with PVP that wouldn’t be a problem if they had read what I wrote

a. For example, the constant argument over health which, for some reason, was constantly repeated. For some reason, very few people actually read my section about hp modification and therefore a lot of the “overpowered” classes they were suggesting were actually not as strong as they thought they were.

C. No problem with my idea but simply thought it didn’t fit in.

a. My problem wasn’t at all with that they didn’t think it fit in. I understand that there were problems but that didn’t mean that some BS reason had to be made. If you think it’s a bad idea, just say you don’t like how it’s going to fit.

However, with these illogical problems, came legitimate problems.

A. A cost/reward system had to be made

a. Many people disagreed with my cost/reward system and I could understand why. You don’t want to make the prize absolutely broken yet obtaining it must be difficult due to the amount of work and luck required to win. The biggest problem is that there is no individual item in the game that could logically work as a prize as most of the people who are going to be playing and winning are highly skilled and probably already spend money on the game.

B. An implementation

a. The idea is cute and the thought behind it might be great. However, there are two major problems.

1. Implementation is difficult if at all possible. If implemented, it would have to work under a different system then that of the current game.
  2. Although the idea is not fundamentally bad, there simply isn’t much support for it and therefore no logical reason why DECA or any organization would spend the hundreds of hours necessary to make it.

End argument is it’s a cool idea but doesn’t have enough support atm to be implemented

yah it can get boring but your a blue star. maybe play to yellow star then worry about boredom.

huh thats strange, I’m currently a orange star in game

logout and log back in

still applies lol. maybe focus on getting more fame/collecting lh whites and tops? at an orange star there is still much to be done

‘realm can become boring when you have everything anyway’ you literally barely have anything… I don’t see any ogmurs , juggs or omni’s buddy.

Omfg this made me laugh really hard for some reason.

Walking around one shotting with spellbombs and gets killed by someone you can’t even see.

Ogmur <o/