Question [wondering what book i should use]

Ello !

I’m wondering if i should use a book of geb, a necromonicon, or just a t6 tome.

• Book of Geb Book of Geb
  • Tome of Holy Guidance T6 Tome
  • Necronomicon Necromonicon
  • BANANA (don’t ask me)

0 voters

BTW i’m a 8/8 (well i will be one tomorrow)

Puri is better in endgame content for more precise dodging without speedy. But if you can’t get it, geb tome is fine. T6 is redundant if you have a geb. Necronomicon is borderline useless because there’s usually a mystic around to curse.

Actually Geb Tome has practically no healing. I think the best main tome aside from a Puri would be a t5 tome since it has lower MP cost whilst having the same heal as a t6 (just without the situational speedy).

Well as a priest you better use multiple tomes. Some are situationnal, others not, but here is an average list of which tome should be used where :

T5 Tome The base tome. Should be used in most cases. Good heal, good mp cost, he is just there to heal. And it does it well.
T6 Tome T6 tome is not there for the heal. It is there for the speedy buff. You can still heal you a good amount of health, but you also get speedy so it allows you to rush kinda safe dungeon
Tome of the Holy Protection a.k.a. prot This tome is very good and I personally use it as a main tome instead of T5, despite his extremely high mana cost. It is good for everything : rushing, glands, and normal healing, his only problem being manacost. Use it if you pet can afford the high mp cost
Tome of the Purification a.k.a. puri This tome is great for both heal and purification ability, but is situationnal. You should use it in Lost Halls or this kind of dungeon where a lot of debuffs can easely destroy bunch of people
Tome of Geb Busted puri. Use it in the same case than the puri, but keep in mind it is worse. It is bad. Get a puri.
Necromonicon This one is rarely useful, but kinda good for farming glands dungeon. You dont fear curse debuff as monsters aren’t a treat but you don’t say no the extra dps
Tome of Pain Kinda bad tome to me, still fun, but bad. Use it like a skull, dealing low damage on monsters but healing yourself. I think it can be good on glands or boss with low health minions like Septavius the Ghost God
Tome of Holy Furor This tome is really good for dps, the best, but very rare (you get it or you don’t, I think you can’t get it now as event has ended) I think it can fit with more scenarios than just gland dungeons, but just use it when you want the extra bit of dps

Well thanks for reading, hope I helped you!
Also, Frigid tome (ice reskin prot) is uglier than classic

You’re right. I completely forgot how much the geb tome healed, I honestly have never used one and stick to puri.

Geb tome approximately heals as much as a T3 tome

Wait are we getting a free 8/8 tonight?

Yes.

With those three I would use t6 as my main. It has by far the best healing, a very useful Speedy, and low MP cost. Book of Geb you could keep as swap out for cures, but its healing and MP cost makes it about the worst general tome in the game. Puri is much better if you can get it, good healing with excellent range making it a much better main tome.

Necromonicon is an odd one; Curse is in theory useful but you still have to kill them, with your low DPS while they are near you and you are cursed too. Very different from e.g. Tome of Pain which insta–kills lots of threats, weakens everything else. I can only imagine using Necromonicon in a group with no other player able to inflict Curse. On my own I’d prefer to take things on at wand range with a more conventional healing tome.

Ty for the answers everyone ! I’ll pair up with a t6 tome at the end, @moderators close plz