Quiver Of Lunar Storms

###Quiver Of Lunar Storms

The quiver will only unleash its true onslaught when submerged in absolute darkness. Until then, we can only use a sliver of its limitless power.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 80
  • Shots: 5 (burst style, 0.2s delay between shots, lobbed blue “grenade” shots toward cursor with airtime of 1 second, like a medusa bomb)
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Damage: 30-65 within 1.5 squares
  • Effects: Doomed (All enemy healing abilities and “armored” statuses canceled and unable to be used for the duration) for 2 seconds.
  • Stat Bonus: +2 DEX, +2 ATT
  • Special properties: Shots ignore armor.
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 400

Drops from:
Tinkerer (Saying “Quiver of Thunder” while holding a QoT in inventory in very close proximity with the Tinkerer will reveal a secret “black market” interface allowing you to convert a QoT for this quiver for a price most likely being 1000 fame. Use this interface to make other item—>item conversions, those conversions will be mentioned/made later.)

(at this point, we’ve run out of dungeons to drop this.)

Future Edits:

Doomed: All spawned minions of Doomed enemies start out at 75% HP and also have the Doomed status.
+5 maximum damage to each shot.
+1s duration to Doomed.

Trivial Issues Thread
The Burst Collection!

5 straight shots, then a bomb on the cursor? Interesting… but stopping healing breaks some of the game’s sequences… like Lich King’s spawn phase. Removing armored might be cool, though, and the obtain mechanic is also interesting. Will we be able to turn it back?

Is the damage of the Shot and the Bomb the same? Also, which one de-Armors the opponent?

Also, love the sprite.

no time to read / comment, but i really like that doomed sprite thing,the transition is very cool

I am interested in the idea of giving rare items to the tinkerer for a new one. There is a lot of potential for that idea.

Oh god. That quiver’s color is way too bright. Tune that down a bit. The name is cool though.

Oooh I really like that description.

So it takes an entire second for all the shots to go? Okay cool. I like this concept.

New status effect? Okay, I have no complaint about that.

wot in desolation

explain please

:candy: for your effort

Wait so it it basically a shotgun trap?
Because

Nice doomed sprite, for the actual quiver sprite try making that bright cyan a shade of yellow, like ochre, just to play with it a bit.

I think he means 5 grenade shots, with a delay of 0.2 seconds, each of them doing the doomed status effect

@GAMESONLY
I think “doomed” is too weak of a status effect. It should be longer or have a more powerful effect. More damage, probably.
De-armoring would only be in effect for those that actually DO armor the opponent. Bes, puppet master, etc. And there’s not a lot of those in game. If it’s armor break, then okay, maybe that’s better, but then that would make it overpowered.
Also, if it also removes invulnerability “armoring effects”, then it would break phases, and a bad idea.
Healing effects…eh. Not a lot of enemies have healing effects.
All in all, buff this. I would not want to trade a qot for this item.

I have been thinking about this new status effect still, and, just another idea to the community, I add a third effect to Doomed.

All spawned minions of Doomed enemies start out at 75% HP and also have the Doomed status.

@BaraBlazer Follow HerpDerryO’s description. Also, I believe the Lich’s transition isn’t really a health increase but a character change into a secondary lich that spawns whatever many minions.

@Cenamuch I felt like adding a backstory to the Tinkerer that reflects some sort of cultist/criminal background to his already “adventurous” character. He wants to tinker with more that just mere toys. Also, that’s a plasma core on that quiver.

I see… so something like rain of arrows on an area. About the healing, how about crystal’s healing or Ddock’s heal? I feel that this can prevent it from healing. Besides those, I feel that removing heal could be potentially useful on select enemies, just like how a UT should. Let’s see… Nikao, Jon Bildgewater, Crusher Abomination? Hmm… Alright, so far I find it difficult to justify sacrificing a QoT. Can we trade it back?

Also, since there’s 5 different shots which lands 0.2 seconds after each other, if every shot hits, you would effectively have 3 seconds of doomed?

…why? Also, what exactly is a lunar storm?

Effectively yes.

And there is trading back, but it also costs 1000 fame.

A fancy way of saying a meteor shower, but on the moon.

Along with what other people have been saying, the 3 seconds of the new status effect will be a bit much.

How about if you hit all 5 shots on the same target, then doomed will be applied for 1.5 seconds? That sounds like a good trade-off.

As for the blackmarket, that sounds like a good idea, where certain dungeons could drop schematics or parts for other items to be created? Maybe a forge instead of a black market per se, that way, fame would not need to be used. However, possibly to revert it back into the original UT, you would use fame.

Just thoughts. Love the quiver though.

I had a failed version of that type of black market as well, which is why I did not choose to mention that.

Nobody had mentioned that it was too much, and honestly, 3 seconds is not as broken as 3 seconds of stun.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.