Quiver of the Horrendous Past

Quiver of the Horrendous Past: Revamped Sprite

The archmage created this in hopes of winning the great war. It was lost with time…

Damage: 310-390
Shots: 1
MP Cost: 110
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Range: 15
Special Effects: Shots go through obstacles
Effects: Curse for 3.5 sec, Slow for 2.5 sec
Stat Bonuses: +3 Wis, -2 Spd
Fame Bonus: 4%
Feed Power: 700

Drops from Twilight Archmage

This quiver wouldn’t necessarily render the mystic useless, since it can’t pierce, but I was thinking of making a quiver for boss fights because of the curse and slow.
EDIT: Reduced shots to 1
EDIT 2: Reduced slow and increased curse
EDIT 3: Tell me how the new sprite looks

Feedback Appreciated. :wink:

well that’s fine, but since you have 2shots with arc gap of 35 degrees, it’ll be a pain to actually hit the boss? Wouldn’t it better to have only one bullet?

And isn’t most bosses immune to slow?

ftfw

But in all seriousness, no, a lot of the bosses are immune to paralyze not slow. and I was thinking of reducing the arc gap a bit.

This would make the ice quiver kinda useless

Nah, Ice quiver has way more damage with the 3 shots.

I’m saying utility wise slow plus curse. I would rather use that for more bow damage than try hitting 3 shots for quiver damage

Should I reduce the time for the curse and slow?

Yo, make the quiver more shadowy, it reminds me of the QoT sprite. The concept is ok I guess, could be improved.

The QoT has more purple shading and has a different pattern. I was going for a solid color with more emphasis on the edges.

Still reminds me too much of it, the dark colors are hard to tell apart still.

I kind of see the relationship, would you like me to make it lighter, or put some kind of pattern in it?

hmm its ok the sprite its kinna bad

I’m not the best at spriting :stuck_out_tongue:

wot in tarnation

make it lighter, like you said qot has more dark purple.

Like the idea and stats though, good concept but if you aren’t going to add a dps boost maybe buff the curse to 5 seconds or something as compared to freezing quiver it’s not that good.

It’s the sling that goes over your shoulder.

@Slayerqa Buff to 5 seconds? Remember, archer has 75 atk, this means that it’ll already be doing enough damage, especially with a dbow.

Well maybe not 5 seconds, maybe about 3.5-4. The mp cost is a lot (110) so to get something out of that it needs a small buff. Qot only costs 100 mp and gives you 4 seconds of daze, and elvish costs only 75 so maybe either make it cost 90 mp or increase curse time.

I’ll think about buffing the curse time and decreasing the slow time to balance it out.

If I were you, I’d lower the damage to 310-370, so slightly higher than QoT, but with a higher MP cost. I’d also remove the Spd debuff and add +2 Att and +2 Dex. I’d also reduce the Slow time to 2.5 seconds.

The sprite is okay, by the way. It’s not my favorite, but if it were shaded to be somewhat like the color of an Att ring’s gem, I think it’d look better.

Overall, not a bad concept, but it’s unbalanced. 5/10.

Yeah, when I looked at the sprite again, the colors didn’t really fit in. I was trying to make it darkness themed since it drops from the Archmage.

I feel you with the damage debuff, but not so much with the att and dex. The quiver’s already giving curse, so I dont really think there should be any offensive stats increased.