Raincoat Necromancer

Based on those yellow raincoats+hats that I’ve never seen worn by an actual human being.

Edit 2: Changed eyes and raincoat color.

Took me a few seconds to realise the weapon was a lamp sort of thing, but once I did the skin looks amazing. :heart:

i cant see the raincoat resemblance.

I think that’s just you. The yellow part is a raincoat.
com_-bXlBmd9ZD0M_UAUgy7L610I_AAAAAAAAANk_2sp3eRjdORY_s1600_sheinside

yeah i know, but a lot of things can be yellow. it looks more like some sun mage.

I am personally not a fan of this skin. The coloring is a bit messy. The glowing eyes are purposeless and considerably too extreme. The lantern, if it is one, is too difficult to make out and it doesn’t make logical sense for a lanter to shoot out fire.

It doesn’t make logical sense for a necromancer to wear sunglasses and a poncho, but that’s still an official skin. Compared to that, a lantern (you know, the thing that contains fire) shooting fire (you know, the stuff that a lantern contains) isn’t that much of a stretch. And there’s only so much that three pixels can do to make anything clear.

The glowing eyes are purposeless… The entire skin’s purposeless, it’s a cosmetic change. What do you want me to do about that?

As for the colors… besides that one hand that I forgot to recolor, I mostly stuck to the shading conventions of the default skins. I’m not sure how that could be called messy.

Okay, I’ll try to explain every problem that I see with it entirely from a logical standpoint.

1. Eyes Glowing: Generally, there is nothing wrong with glowing eyes. However, the glowing of the eyes in your sprite is too extreme going from pure white to orange. Additionally, the orange eyes do not fit in well with the yellow.
  2. Shading: The shading, in your sprite, is not consistent. Depending on the angle, the same yellow changes color. Of course, this happens with every skin but the issue with your skin is that the color change is too extreme. Your skin also lacks any natural shading (shading that slowly occurs over distance), replacing it with extreme shading (shade changes all at once)
  3. Skin Color: He is way too PALE. Given that it’s not a necromancer skin, this is an issue
  4. Back View: Based off of the back view, it looks as if his hood is not connected to the rest of the cloth in which case it is a hat. However, it just doesn’t look that good. Not sure how to explain this. This part is just my opinion
  5. Suit: It just doesn’t make sense to me. How does the cross on his chest make it resemble a raincoat? Also, the cross marks out the extreme shading almost immediately as one side of the cross is considerably darker than the other
  6. Attacking Animation: Middle row, right column. A hole appears to open up in his body when he attacks. Also, I simply cannot figure out what the weapon is actually supposed to be.

1. Fair. I think the orange clashing is more a problem with the color of the raincoat than the eyes though. If I make them any lighter they blend in with the skin, and I don’t want to keep them white because there’s little enough movement going on even with the eyes changing. But sure, I’ll change that.

2.Again, fair. At first I was trying to make a darker skin tone work, so I made the outfit darker to compensate so it looked weird when I changed the skin.

1. Uhh… It is a necromancer skin. It’s in the title and everything.

2. I’ve tried a lot of different looks for the back, but that’s the one that worked the best. If it helps, I based it off these:

3. It’s supposed to be a belt. Like this:

4. The hole is part of the old skin tone that I missed when I changed it. The weapon is a lantern and again, I don’t exactly have the luxury of space to convey that any more effectively.

So with all that in mind, does this look any better to you?

actually yes. But what is the weapon?

are you real?

what?

It’s a lantern.

I like the lantern. It reminds me of carrying a candle around and seeing the flame blow one way or the other.

I like the general idea, it makes me think of a lighthouse keeper. The colours are still a bit off, but I’m afraid I cannot give you precise advice because I’m really bad at spriting. I like the eyes better in the second version.

Wanted to make sure.

@XommZ if it’s to be a lattern, make it larger so it’s more clearly a lattern. Also, if it is to be a lattern, the attack pattern makes no sense unless the raincoat necromancer is splitting open the lattern and fire is shooting out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.