Random Act of "Invalid Teleport Target"

Title kind of covers it.

I occasionally get booted to Nexus with the message “Invalid Teleport Target” and some hex code.

Sometimes mid-dungeon, sometimes when leaving a dungeon.

Not a big problem but probably more than trivial…

Happened to me, pretty weird since I didnt try teleporting to anyone

This has started happening to me on death, with the text in orange over the dead character background. I then get a version loading error when I try to open the game again. I’ll take a screenshot the next time it happens.

Hm it seems whenever you go to menu it always displays some sort of hex code+error for me at least

I think what is happening is it is displaying the last “error” that happened in game. “error” as it seems to count things like not being able to teleport to someone who has gone in a dungeon, which is not so much an error as just the way the game works.

But if you’ve had an otherwise trouble free game then it could easily be the only error that you see, and so the one which gets reported. It’s more useful when you experience problems, such as a disconnection, where the error message might be missed due to the disconnection (though you can sometimes scroll back to see why it disconnected you).

As for the hex string it seems to be the same every time, no matter the error. It could include identifying information, so they can e.g. look up your account, as well as other information such as client version, Flash version etc…

Here’s the post-death one

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.