Random items that may deserve attention

Hello! Here are some random items idea i got for some reason, and I wanted to share them to you because they may be good for some reason
Enjoy!

Death Scroll

death%20scroll
Death%20scroll%20shot
shit sprite

Only the most powerful wizards of the realm could wield this extremely dangerous spell. But it’s infinite power can, with caution, turn into an incredible weapon of destruction

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 120
  • Cooldown: 6 Seconds>4 Seconds
  • Range: 5
  • Shots : 10
  • Damage : 300 - 500 > 450-550
  • Total Damage : 3000 - 5000 (4000)> 4500 - 5500 (5000)
  • Effect: Armored on self for 3 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: -5 DEF
  • Special properties : The shoots actually comes from your character, not your cursor, after flashing red for 1.5 second
    New : When you use the spell, ennemies in 4+1 per 10 wis above 60 sqrs are Slowed for 2 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 800

Loot Bag white

Drops From:

• Imagine where this item could drop

More info

This item idea kinda comes from The Binding of Isaac “Kamikaze” Item which actually make you explode like a bomb at the cost of half a red heart. I think it could have it’s place in the game with the EP for example with a high risk high reward set,idk
Also, I forgot I had to make a shot sprite for a spell so I made a kinda bad one but forget it, it could be any better shot sprite.

Stone Prism

stone%20prism

This extremely solid prism allows the squicshiest users to become incredibly strong.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Duration: 1 Second
  • Cooldown: 2 Seconds
  • Effect: Teleport to cursor
  • Stat Bonus: +5 DEF -5 SPD.
  • Special properties: The decoy covers 6 tiles >9 tiles (changeable) with 1.5x your speed before exploding. The explosion, 1.5 sqrs large>2 sqrs large, gives you armored on self for 1.5>2 seconds if you hit it
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 900

Loot Bag white

Drops From:

• Imagine where this item could drop

More info

This item could be insanely good for experienced trickster as it could allow kinda safe rushing with enough skill to hit the decoy with the teleportation. This item would be kinda hard to use but extremely rewarding

Well that’s all for today! Hope you enjoyed those two little items ! I am open to all kind of criticism that could help me to make better stuff! Thanks for reading!

If you are too lazy to comment, I always make some polls

Death Scroll

What do you think of the item’s sprite?

• Good
  • Acceptable
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

What do you think of the item itself?

• Good
  • Stupid
  • Don’t fit with the game
  • Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Bad

0 voters

Stone prism
What do you think of the item’s sprite?

• Good
  • Acceptable
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

What do you think of the item itself?

• Good
  • Stupid
  • Don’t fit with the game
  • Overpowered
  • Underpowered
  • Bad

0 voters

As always, thanks for spending time reading my posts! Have a great day and hope you enjoyed them!

I like the concept of the stone prism. However, the decoy is way too slow and lagging behind to actually have application that’s coordinated with movement.

A trickster with maxed speed (75) travels just over 9 tiles per second, and adding the teleport, can travel up to about 18-19 tiles in 1 second. Realistically speaking you won’t usually teleport as far, so 14-15 tiles seems more likely. As the decoy goes twice as slow as normal movement, there’s no chance that you could end up interacting with it.

I say that you increase the movement speed of the decoy to be 1.5 times your character speed, and then increase the radius of the armored effect to 2.5.

I play a bit here and there so I have some experience with both wizard and trickster.

Let’s start with the spell. First thing I gotta note is that the spell gives -5 defense. That’s already a massive no. The only way to balance it out would be making it an amazing spell, which you have absolutely failed to do. First off, it comes with a 6 second cooldown which means all the damage that you normally associate with wizard’s spell is gone. Second, as the short originates from the character itself, it would be practically impossible to land all the shots, not at all helped by the fact that you can’t just optimize the shots for when you use the shots, you have to optimize the shots for where the enemies will be 1.5 seconds after you press the space button. The redeeming factor for all of this is supposed to be the armored that this ability offers but it’s just too little to make up for the rest of the spell. Plus, wizards don’t need armored anyway as they’re most likely going to be attacking from ranged and the -5 defense that this armor gives you in the 3 seconds you’re not armored puts you at too much of a risk.

As for the prism, that seems more interesting. However, you have to consider that its not really rewarding at all. There’s two options that I can see. #1, you throw you’re decoy away from enemies, catch the armored and try to use it but as it only lasts 1.5 seconds, you’re not getting much. Two, you throw you’re decoy in the direction of enemies and try to catch it but if you do that, the decoy is just dragging the enemies to you in which case it would have been better if there had been no decoy at all. Not to mention, there’s a 2 seco

Well, I thought about it for the prism. It was kinda hard to imagine how much tiles the decoy had to cover to make it usable. I think I am going to make the radius wider, same for the decoy range and speed

-> 9 tiles
(New) The decoy has 1.5x your speed

-> 2.5 sqrs large
-> armored on self for 2 seconds

I think it will make it more useful

Also, thanks to you too for helping me with my idea!

Well, I think I am going to keep the -5 DEF. Therefore, I am buffing the damaging ability of the spell by decreasing cooldown to 4 instead of 6 seconds and giving it more damages. It will still be weird for a Wizard to go that close for damage but there will be the point of the ability.

For the prism, I changed some things

I think I am going to remove 1 second from the cooldown too to make it actually useful in some scenarios, tell me what you think of it now (New cooldown will be 1 second). Also, be sure to check the damage change made to the spell. Thanks for spending time helping me with my ideas!

Stone prism. Um…riiiight…the light passes through the stone, and great magics occur…but theoretically you wouldn’t really go anywhere. Even with majics.
As for the spell… The wizard is a glass cannon, with zero healing capabilities whatsoever. All it has is raw power. To take the range of a spell, and make the shots come…from you? Kamikaze is right, because you’d have to be suicidal to use that spell. Without much defense to begin with, armoring isn’t going to do much.
However, if using the spell teleported YOU to the target under invulnerability, to the target, instantly exploding with those ten shots, then giving you a meager time limit to back off to safety, you might be onto something there. That’s kamikaze. In fact, let’s add to the spirit, and up that damage by about 50%, In turn breaking your armor and causing bleeding or cursing you or something, for a few moments after that short invulnerability for kamikaze ends. That’s my piece. I super wish you luck there!

Well, thanks a lot for taking time commenting this post. I don’t have much time now so won’t change anything but I’ll change it later, when this post will stop to get attention. I don’t really care, it will make my work better and give me a better experience for future ideas. I guess you are right about the spell, but invulnerabilty on tp would be too much as it could be used for other purpose than dealing damage. I guess a good time of armored after tp, with maybe +10DEF instead of 5 would be a little better even if wearing the spell would allow any wizard to be tankier without losing staff range and damage.

And for stone prism, idk, it may have potential in scenarios you dont think, but to me it could make sense to use in some cases. Still, the idea is there, and if the idea isn’t good, changing the item stats wouldn’t change anything too

Well, thanks for answering the post, and for your advice. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.