Random sprites thread

Any random cool-looking sprites you made can be put into this thread, perhaps give it a title and description, basically a sprite you would like to show off or just ask on how it looks for ideas that are in progress. Please don’t use this for random off-topic conversation.

Screenshot (200)
Aether Blade
Screenshot (243)
Plate of Pantheon
Just some sprites I’ll probably never use.

that sword is pretty cool, but imo the chestplate is sorta plain; shading aside, it’s basically just 2 colors. my issue with it is that it looks super flat.

Just one of my own
screenshot_20180309_195354
Portunus the Prison Warden, he would drop the portal to a dungeon that I am planning and is the brother to Janus

Sprites I had created for a new class idea. Never took shape. It was to be called the StarGazer class.
Stargazer Front View 1 ALTStargazer Front View 1

nice class. looking classy there!

IMG_20180309_234008

image image

Tonatiuh, God of the Sun
&
Citlelicue, Goddess of Stars

These aren’t all that random. It’s actually meant for a dungeon I’m designing which my mother accidentally uploaded…

I’ve been working on the dungeon idea and the concept sprite for around 1.5 - 2 months now and will most likely be finished around June/July time since it’s a solo project.

Think of these 2 main bosses as teasers. :slight_smile:

Edit: With outlines…cos they look more “clean”

imageimage

Why don’t you call him Portunus? Portunus was a very similar god to Janus, even if he wasn’t exactly his brother.
Darius on the other hand, was a Persian king. He wasn’t even Roman.

Well Darius is a name, not just that king and Portunus was the Roman version of Janus, however now that I think of it I may look up if there was a Greek god of prisons
Edit: the closest I found was Tarturus and Cratus

Yes, but how does it fit when compared to Janus? They’re completely different.
It’d be like if I made “John, God of the Cavalry”. That doesn’t sound great. does it?

Not really. Janus was a Roman god, as well. They’re simply incredibly similar gods.

While Tartarus was a god, Tartarus typically refers to an abyssal void (not like the one in Lost Halls; like an endless abyss of nothingness). The pit, as it’s called, is typically used for torturing the Titans. I guess this fits, but again, Janus was a Roman god, while Tartarus was a Greek concept.
Even then, Tartarus was a primordial deity. Killing Tartarus is equivalent to killing the Earth or Time.

You mean Kratos? As in, the namesake of God of War’s protagonist?

He is actually the god of authority, and it is spelled Cratus however the god of keys seems fitting for a prison warden so I will rename him to Portunus, thanks for the name

Some random sprites I found that were all made by me sometime before March ended (possibly as far back as January)
screenshot_20180126_164032
Basic sprite made for the fun of it, I was doing sprite practice by making what would be a “Epic Jungle” enemy

screenshot_20180129_102059screenshot_20180129_103824screenshot_20180129_104515
an abandoned wand class idea, it was way too complicated, replaced with the simpler Medium idea (the ability was the visor)

screenshot_20180131_092637
This was the sprite for an unfinished dagger idea based on using amplitude as range (the shot pattern was actually really weird and cool, I may eventually finish the idea)

dagger

Made this for the art contest 4 months ago.

Red_fox

I wish this fox would be in-game ;w; (Sprite not by me, sadly)

More from me (this is just where I dump my sprites for the most part)

first and final draft of an abandoned UT set for warrior (the helm is hivemaster)
screenshot_20180419_235650screenshot_20180419_235330screenshot_20180420_000055
These sprites are going to look weird as they are the first try at them

The sword kinda of looks like a corn, no?

ha, it does

I feel like the armor has potential though, if the colours and perhaps shape gets tweaked a bit.

But what do I know? heh

Screenshot (359)Screenshot (360)Screenshot (363)Screenshot (364)

Just a little something from the citadel

Ignore the bad cropping XD

Those are all really cool