[RANT] I'm losing my patience

errr… I see you can’t do oryx 3, but there’s kind of a crazy mbc / void event going on right now that has made the value of DEF and ATT tank. Even before the event, selling WIS 1:1 for DEF or ATT was pretty easy.

For the raid issue, I recommend learning (slowly, don’t feel a need to always rush or go win or die) to do those exaltation dungeons without a raid party. Usually if you ask people to run it before the event is dead, you’ll have at least 1 or 2 other people with you. It won’t be as easy or straightforward, and will take longer, but the more you run it, the better you’ll get, and you won’t always need to rely on the discords as much.

Your best bet is to keep a couple characters you use solely for farming and potting up other characters. Abysses are super fast on a trickster, as are Sewers and cdepths…Really everything is fast on a trickster. Plus you only need a T0 prism to rush anyway. It is very fun and rewarding if you can pull it off. Rushing LH pot rooms on trickster will usually fill up your backpack with potions too

NOOOO! NOT AGAIN! I had a bad feeling. This shit is unfair, I didn’t see that coming! This game keeps punishing me for no good reason, there was no way to anticipate that. That was a BS death.
This time it wasn’t my fault, it wasn’t my fault. Why can’t I play well?! Why can’t I make a comeback?!

It’s not my fault, it’s not my fault, it’s not my fault! DECA is definitely the one to blame for this! What happened should not have happened like that!

I’VE SPENT THE WHOLE EVENING ON THIS! I’ve even worse off than when I started! Damn it!

I would recommend farming the beach for HP potions. Once you have at least 16 or more then you can start trading them for more valuable potions. You can keep on grinding this method until you get to 6/8.

GL!

That doesn’t work! I tried that almost a decade ago when I couldn’t kill gods in the godlands!

Here’s a few tips to increase your survivability by quite a bit, disregarding skill.

1. Have fiber internet and use ethernet with it - 500+ mbps download/upload speeds.
    Really makes a difference concerning server/internet lag, trust me.
  2. Use a computer good enough to run rotmg consistently at 60 fps.
  3. Get a better pet. This can still help quite a bit even after the pet nerf update last year.
    Heal/Mheal is by far the best, electric is just cherry on the cake.
  4. Turn down your transparency to the point where you can see all of the shots clearly. You can turn down the transparency past 50% if you didn’t already know this. There are guides on reddit as to how to do this with regedit. I personally like using 10% transparency.

Sorry you’ve been having a really rough time. It was like that for me for a long time too, but there are a lot of ways you can fix the problems you’ve been having, and yes most of them do involve money… I’m sorry, life is pay to win (and sometimes having money can’t even help you) no matter what you’re doing. There will be times when you can’t do anything and rotmg decides to kill your character, I’ve had plenty of those. My most recent one was my ninja that frame skipped and when the frame skip was over… well I was looking at the death screen. Most of the time when I die now it’s usually due to me just being retarded and bad at the game, since I’ve fixed most of my problems concerning game performance and internet lag. I highly recommend using backup characters with O3 when learning how to do Oryx Sanctuary, it does take the most skill out of anything in the game besides MBC right now.

Also don’t worry about your star color until you fix most of your basic problems. I know how you feel because I was white star and have 10k base fame on nearly every character and now I’m an orange star, plus it was so easy to get white star that it didn’t really mean anything before this update. Anyway aside from all of that, if you want to keep a character alive for a long time you’re going to have to play safely with your characters. This means no rushing and no doing O3. Hope this helped!

A couple other things I’d recommend are 1. Take a break! When the game is getting you frustrated, take a good break, at least a day or 2, but with how frustrated you sound I’d recommend at least 5 days.

On a similar note, unless you don’t feel about it, finish for the day after a characters death. The last few times I’ve played after dying on a character, 3/4 of them resulted in me losing another character in the same day.

My worst example would be the last day of the Oryxmas 2020 campaign; I was grinding hard to try to get the blueprint, but as I was almost done with the last yellow stack, I died with it. I then switched characters and kept at it, only to die again before I could get it. I did get it on my 3rd character, but I came dangerously close to dying many times, and I took a loooong break after from my frustrations. When I got back, I felt a lot better and didn’t keep up any dying sprees.

So my main advice is overall to just take breaks. This game is frustrating, and will get you mad for plently of dumb reasons, half your own and half not, but the best counter to that is to just rest from the game to cool off. Being flustered keeps your focus and enjoyment down, and keeps you in a vicious cycle.

I replied early in the morning so I was kind of out of it and gave kind of a half ass reply.

Looking through your graveyard, I don’t want to say skill issue, but you are dying to things a player at your level should not die to. Since you lag in dammah, then I’ll assume it’s lag - and if that’s the case, you might want to do some things to mitigate lag, like turning off shadows and particles. Me personally, I have no shadows or particles and everybody is at 0% opacity. All damage numbers to mobs from party members are turned off.

I can definitely tell why you are losing patience when you lose 6/8’s in places where you should not even lose a 0/8. I don’t know if you’ve just came back and this stuff is new for you, or something, but whatever it is, you should get around to learning the dungeons that are new or are hard for you.

I’m going to assume that this was your trickster, since the only boss capable of doing that which killed one of your 8/8’s is Avalon. Despite being mid tier at best, Lib has a lot of instant kill potential. Standing on a Bookwyrm, avalon, or any of his book bombs can and will absolutely fucking spread your ass open while broken glass is shoved into it. Also, you’re not the only one to be killed in Lib like an absolute pepega. My 8/8 trickster (or at least one of them), got absolutely raped by a Bookwyrm. You can still see it in my graveyard, but thankfully I lost basically nothing on that trickster.

CD and Wlab.

See my white star? I had it for three whole months… before I got knocked back to a red star. The best part is, my account was stuck at red star for three years before I grew a brain and managed to play decently enough to raise it to orange star. And then to white star eventually, but I don’t have a white star anymore.

By playing very carefully. I have an ongoing thread here documenting my arduous journey back to white star. 12k BF on my bard atm.

You don’t need to farm… anything. Maxing your characters is not a requirement to play. Unless you want to do some raids and it is a hard requirement. I don’t think forcing yourself to perform at a level you are not comfortable with is a healthy thing to do. The best thing right now for you is to take a step back and play some classic PPE and try to grind some rank. If you don’t feel like you want to play the game anymore, you can always just not play it.

Anyways, like I said, if you want help or whatever just @ me on discord. Playing with somebody else makes the game better.

Oh also: pro tip: Go raid on discord. Easy way to earn profit.

That’s one of the reason I play this game. I want to get frustrated… in some way. I use it to train my personally Frustration tolerance. (it’s just a game, so no matter what happens it does not effect my real life.)

A good Frustration tolerance is valuable in almost every real life situation. You do not need to calm down when you stay cool.

Important for that is to blame yourself for everything. Because that is what you can change. You cannot change the others or how the game is developed - but you can change how you deal with the circumstances.

So not “It’s not my fault, it’s not my fault, it’s not my fault!”, but “It’s my fault, it’s my fault, it’s my fault!” - Because that means, that you can improve it by yourself, without being dependent to anyone else.

if the game is hurting you this badly, quit for your own sanity. find something more fulfilling and less self-abusive to do. the game will not get better for you because it can’t get less grindy as the grind IS the game. take a step back and ask yourself what you’re doing, why you’re doing it, and what you expect to get out of it. extensive history can be difficult to let go of but these games are designed to hold on to you for as long as possible. only stay if you’re absolutely sure it won’t continue hurting you.

I used to be like that. A mix of unpotted and part potted chars. But at some point I got over a hill of killing them faster than I could pot them up. Once that happened I was able to slowly max all my chars. Now I have almost all 8/8s, and can always switch to one when I die, which makes potting up much quicker.

I can’t pinpoint exactly when or why this happened. I think key is being able to take a longer view when playing. Don’t risk too much trying to survive a dungeon/boss/event. Nexus, if you aren’t sure you can make it. This requires experience of all the dungeons and enemies, but it’s mostly a change in attitude.

That happened for me, too. It was after I played some ppe chars (my motivation was to be not able to loose more than I invested). ppe is good for getting better, because the most progress comes from yourself.

Relax / don’t feel so much pressure, or quit / find something else to do. Every year that goes by I play less and less, and I’m ok with that. Can’t expect someone who’s 10 years old to do the same thing at 20, 30, 40, etc.

HOLY CRAP! I’ve been working on building a new rig, but your comment made me order the remaining components. Man, i’m hitting 144 FPS (probably because of 144hz refresh rate) consistently now. The difference between 60 and 144 Hz is HUGE!

WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING! And it is using the integrated GPU! Can’t imagine when I get a new GPU(waiting for prices to come down).

I think I’m going to enjoy this for a while…

my game runs on 120 Trollge

Change the game you play. I played minecraft for like a year after I died with my warrior who had crown, and then came back to the game within the past few months.

Take it slow. Relearn the basics and acquire a crap ton of wealth. Do tons and tons of voids, literally exalt all melees in voids, in shatts, in every dungeon. Start doing o3s, start watching tons and tons of new and old guides. Buickribox, GHZD (i see him around in the game so poggers), TSPage, Afro Rotmg. Analyze videos of people doing endgame content in groups or solo (a lot of people record themselves, REALLY helps to watch those and understand/analyze boss fights such as the new shatters and o3).

I see in your comments that you hate grinding for stuff, and that your characters are unmaxed, blah blah blah. This game is a grind, a dedication, a slow work. That is why you have to take it slow and safe. Running through abyss with jugg isnt viable. Clear enemies slowly, use necro to max up characters, and really get into the fast pace of this game. As much as Realmeye seems to hate them, USE the organized discords. The o3 ones, like Osanc (the pubhalls of o3, literally made by the same guys who made pubhalls) and Dungeoneer have guides for everything related to o3.

make the trading server (usw) your main playing server, so you can farm in realms, farm o1s and o2s (the realm clears fast cause lots of players come and play on trading server) and then trade up pots in nexus for life, glife, mana, and gmana. Do shatters! organized shatters is great for crown, exalts, and getting tops (and mark my words people will do shatts like crazy now before the rework).

Edits:

THIS. EXACTLY

Also this. I realized this a while back and quit. I came back because I found rotmg fun again.

Yos. Mood

Take it slow. Game is not going anywhere except to the grave, in which that case it wont matter. Play a bit every day, max 1-2 of those 4/8s every day or two.

Also, surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN PLAY PALADIN

BEST REBUILDING CLASS EASIEST CLASS TO MAX

EASIEST CLASS TO MAX
EASIEST CLASS TO MAX
EASIEST CLASS TO MAX
EASIEST CLASS TO MAX

BEST REBUILDING CLASS
BEST REBUILDING CLASS
BEST REBUILDING CLASS
BEST REBUILDING CLASS

GOOD CLASS TO MAIN AND PLAY
IT IS MY FIRST FULLY EXALTED CLASS

i know this seems kinda useless, but trying watching videos of skilled players, the ways they dodge and move might help you. personally got really good at exaltations and things after watching solos and things on youtube in class when i was bored