[RANT] I'm losing my patience

Well… today I was getting back in pace, did Shatters, Nests, LHs on a Fulmi Sorc. Since I wanted to get the dungeon sets bonuses I tried to complete the remaining Epic dungeons, and the same crap happened like last time:

Man, how the hell do I keep my temper with deaths like this? I had literally no time to react, it just jumped out and insta-popped me, no warning whatsoever. This dungeon always had issues, but they just put salt in the wound. How do I deal with this boss?

I’m not in the US. Won’t I have a rather high latency?

One problem with this is you will often end up in a queue, whenever the trade server is busy which tends to happen daily. Better to play on another server most of the time, only visiting the trade server when you need to trade, which you can do when it’s not so busy or when you can spare the time to wait in the queue.

Yeah, that does happen to me quite a bit lol.

Sometimes trading server is only consistently active server so |:

I don’t really notice latency when I play on EU servers as a US player, but if you live in Asia or maybe Australia, you might. If its really bad, like Skandling said, you can visit trading server occasionally and just look for active servers in the Eu/Asia/Australia region.

That’s… a bit of a sketchy boss fight. I’ve seen peeps with end-game gear pop to the phase 3 dash, so know you aren’t alone in that. For that specific fight, stay with the crowd (preferably in the back), and you should be fine. That’s one of those moments where you need to memorize the bad game design and know how to handle it in the future, dare you venture there again.

Sorry if i sound rude, as im not a very good player myself.
But dying to a murderous megamoth as sorcerer seems unneccesary, just keep your distance and fire away.
It seems you are trying too hard to get top rewards, take too much risks.
Im slowly getting better myseld at pressing the nexus button. Some rules i try to live by:
a) Am i confused by whats happening and is there high danger: press nexus, then wonder whats going on, not the other way around
b) is my hp bar orange: press nexus
c) is boss almost dead, and you are in a bad shape, dont try to outlast the boss, the loss is far greater than the gain.

Dont do dungeons you are really bad at, unless you are ok with dying: so dont start O3 at 12k fame if you are not good at it and want a white star, get to 15k then try o3 if you want it. Just stay patient.

Good luck !

Mate… I was like at least 6-7 tiles away, and it was Slowed. I’m telling you, I had like virtually no time to react, it happened in less than a second.

There’s a lot that was improved, but it saddens me that they did not care to fix that issue in WLab. But yeah, I’m definitely calling bad design on that one.

Yeah, I usually dont enter wlabs and stay on the opposite side of the room with wizard. You’ve gotta learn from your deaths and not repeat them. I also died like that once in a 6/8 knight lol

Analyze your previous mistakes, and always hang out in the back, waiting to see the boss or minions next move. Watching buickribox’s guide videos will help.

O3 is literally the hardest boss in the game, it’s ok if you’re not good at it, it wasn’t designed to be completed by anyone without practice

have you tried turning down all graphics options? and maybe play windowed with less resolution, it can help

if you’re having trouble keeping your maxed charaters alive, you may not want to do o3s, at least not on max chars

stars really didn’t mean anything before the rework, maybe that you played the game for several weeks and that’s all, 2k fames upon death was really easy to obtain
maybe you started playing 10 years ago, but the fame rework hasn’t been there for a year yet so that doesn’t change anything since now you get a lot of fames everywhere

yes 15k may seem a lot, but that’s literally an endgame goal, again it wasn’t designed to be completed by everyone, if everyone is white star it doesn’t mean anything anymore

Hi Neo <3

Ah, you can ignore that part. I took care of that problem, it won’t bother me anymore.

I get that, the problem is that there is a stigma against lower ranked players, ESPECIALLY against Red stars.
I thought I was free from it, when I got tossed back into that rank, while White star means good. And I’ve got to be good.

why?

oh shit thats deep

Because good and high rank players are well regarded, why else would it be?

Lol what 90% of all the yellow and white stars, including myself, are now red stars or orange stars. For the first few months AFTER the rank rework, rank is meaningless until everyone stabilizes and grinds back up to their appropriate rank.

Also rank means nothing in the long run if you can play the game well. I won’t make fun of a blue star with an exalted skin, but I will make fun of a yellow star begging.

And to be honest, you yourself have something against low ranks.
" Don’t PM me if you have less than 10 stars."
. - Your realmeye description

we’re not gonna see a lot of white stars, not everyone is able to grind 15k without dying on 17 different chars, and that’s exatcly why a huge percentage of the players are red/orange

even you say that’s about being good

Yeah, I had to do that in order to get rid of light blue stars that were bugging me to cut them a deal when selling stuff, and raised Star requirement to 10 because of bots.

Nahhhhhhh, being good means being good. Some of the best players I know, all who are many times better at the game than I am, are Red / Orange star. The stigma towards red stars has largely faded after the rework, and actually decreases as you increase your level of play. Alts get more common the higher up you go for… er… obvious reasons.

But regardless, just know that whatever perceived “stigma” that you feel (and have), is something that will eventually be washed away the better you get at the game.