[Rarity of] Void Tops

I was wondering how rare void tops are from runs, I’ve had people tell me they’re rarer than whites, is that true?

No one can tell you exactly since we don’t know what the official droprates are, but from my experience the tops are slightly less rare than whites, but they’re pretty close. (I’ve run around 300 btw if that helps)

In 217 voids I got:
8 whites
2 weapons
15-20 armors

lucky

Maybe if you’re looking at one specific top but given that there are 3 armour tops and 6 weapon tops, I’m almost certain whites are more rare.

I consider the void top weapons about as rare as the whites. Even though they’re tiered, it seems they aren’t affected by loot tier potions

Title for clarity

Got my first armor today. I’ve completed 3 Colo/Voids.

I find that getting items you don’t want seem to be 100%

Actually I’m quite curious about this, can anyone confirm or deny whether or not loot tiers affect t13/t14s?

They are not. Loot drop (The 1.5x one) Do affect them, whereas the loot tier doesn’t. I’m pretty sure it’s to do with the coding of them being different from tiered weapons, the t12/13 so the loot tier is not applied to them.

I find them pretty common, getting one every 15-20 halls. Then again, different whites have different rarities. In general, I would say that the elite tops are more common than a typical white.

Well, I only get star mothers and splendors as tops, but I get void bows and traps more than anything less pots.

I don’t have a source but quite a few frequent LH runners have asserted this.

This is the best explanation I can come up with:

In the xml tiered loots are usually specified as e.g. “tier 12 weapon”. Loot tier potions have a chance of boosting drops of this format.

LH weapons however aren’t specified as “tier 13 weapon” but as 6 individual entries. So loot tiers don’t apply to them. This also explains why you can get two weapon tops of different but not the same types.

From my personal experience, the weapon tops have been rarer than whites. I haven’t been able to count how many armor tops I’ve had from void since I’ve gotten some from MBC as well, but in total for armor tops I’ve had around 100 in ~1100 voids. In terms of weapon tops, I’ve had around 25 weapon tops and 35 whites from void.

nice omni marvin

My personal loot from Marble Colossi and Void Entities:
New tops: 5 (2 Star Mothers + 1 Wyrmhide + 1 Dire + 1 Evocation)
Whites: 5 (2 Sourcestones + 2 Quivers + 1 Breastplate)

This is from ~53 succesful Voids; give or take about 10-12 failed Voids, where MBC was included, as well as exactly 1 extra MBC for the one time I crashed when it self-destructed. Thanks, milk.

Unalive

what the

shocked by such a large number?