Ray Katana Rework Idea!

Ray Katana

A great katana charged with the power of the Sun itself. It can be used to wipe out entire civilizations in seconds.

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 111
Projectile Speed: 18 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.34 seconds
Range: 6.12 tiles
When Shot Hits Enemy: Enemy explodes into scattered shots

Shots: 6 (arc gap: 60°)
Damage: 15 (90 total, 201 with main shot)
Projectile Speed: 10 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.5 seconds
Range: 5 tiles
Special Effects: Shots hit multiple targets Ignores Defense of target(s)
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 1150

What the shot pattern is like:

When the shot hits an enemy, six more shots spawn or explode out of the enemy, dealing more damage to them and the surrounding enemies. The angle that they’re sent out is random, but there’s always 60 degrees between them.

Drops From:

• Rock Dragon

More info

So, since Ray Katana is charged with the power of the Sun itself, I figured that it should bear some resemblance to Oryx’s Exploding Suns phase. I made it so when a shot hits an opponent, the shot splits into six shots dealing smaller damage than the main shot, like the Suns phase. I changed the description a little bit to solidify its status as a clearing katana. I just used the shots from Oryx’s Exploding Suns phase for the scattered shots.

Let me know what you guys think, I would love to hear your feedback!

Sounds super cool and way better than current, but could you make a mock up of the shot pattern?

Sure! I’ll edit the post and show it!

I think this would have an effect on lag due to the massive amounts of projectiles.

Damn that’s really good!

Looks really cool! My suggestion, though: make the explosions Armor Pierce. 15 damage per shot is going to be diminished to nothing by Defense.

EDIT: it does that and I just misread it, oops

That’s what exalt is for, atleast in theory.

How would this fit thematically with alien ray though? >u<

Deca can just leave alien ray as it, no?

tbh dummy unique shot patterns like this that look off but can work at a distance is what realm needs

No. The point of the alien reskins is exactly that - they’re reskins. If such a change came about, alien ray would still be shit.

Looks super cool

Except that having an event white drop from an easy to farm dungeon was a bad idea in the first place.

And there’s not exactly any other reasonable UT katanas that fit into the role. And if Moonbeam Blade got the upgrade that Ray Katana got in this rework it would just be plain broken. So I agree that Moonbeam Blade shouldn’t be changed unless another UT katana gets released.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.