Really Depressing Rant (Long)

Lately, I’ve been feeling like I fell out of a tree, but the branches keep hitting me as I keep falling. I’ve held off on talking about this for a while now because, “why bother telling people my troubles on a game forum?”
Well it’s come to the point where I don’t care anymore, and just want to vent instead of keeping it bottled up for another month.

Everyday feels like hell to me, some more than others.

Here’s some insight on my background.
I’m currently 18, work two minimum wage jobs, dropped out of college because I moved too far away from campus, live with relatives in Nevada.
I feel trapped here. My relatives raised me with the expectation in mind that I would’ve grown up to be like they are. Religious, traditional minded people.
The problem is they shoved their ideals so much onto me that it made me stray further from it as a result. But can you blame me? My father is a fanatic, I’ve nicknamed him The Hierophant. He’s constantly on Facebook making religious posts, bringing up controversial topics, politics about his country, and bashing LGBT. From those points alone I have all the reason to want to avoid him. My ideals are very different from his, I’m agnostic/atheist, don’t care about politics nearly as much, and I’m pro LGBT.
Often, he feels the need to call me out on not being like him… Very aggressively. The Hierophant kept telling me to “change my ways” today, and I started to get a headache from it because my ears are awfully sensitive. I also have a tendency to feel sick because I’m trying to fix my poor diet but it isn’t without some backlash. As I head to the bathroom he throws one of his shoes at me. I can’t stand this man anymore. But here’s the problem…

I can’t leave this toxic place so easily.

I’ve only got 1k saved up and in about less than a month all of that would be gone for food, bills, etc. Let alone not having enough money/credit for buying a house. Two minimum wage jobs that barely provide me enough hours in a week hurts. Right now the steps I’m taking is to get my license (Which is happening soon, I finally got some free time next week or so.) so that I can apply for other jobs. Right now my goal is to be a cop, but I need to fix my poor health first and work out a bit. Just a year ago I didn’t know what the fuck I was going to do with my life, and sometimes I still don’t but my mid-term goal is to escape this desert city and be happy. It’s a vague goal but who’s to say I can’t fill in details later? I also want to give one of my closest friends–Zephyr, a better life, as he’s been an immensely huge support to me and a rock to lean on in hard times. Zeph also helps me figure out a rough plan of what steps to take. From work, to health, to lifting the curse… His guidance helps me feel a little less lost.

The Hierophant on the other hand constantly slaps into my face how I can’t support myself without him, and knowing this he takes advantage of the situation and makes me feel like shit everyday. It doesn’t matter how hard I work or care about the future. He only wants me to throw in the towel and be his “ideal child,” well I say fuck him because I’m not obligated to be someone he dreamed about, not after all the beatings, punishments, and days where I was even too scared to come home after school. It’s his fault I haven’t lived a normal life either. I’ve moved 16 times across North America and transferred between 8-9 schools. I was never able to keep any friends I met, or establish a life anywhere. And when he asks me why I grew up to be such a crooked person the amount of rage built up inside of me kills me internally. This ALSO includes college, I had to drop out because The Hierophant decided to move to the outskirts of the town. I had to take two buses from my previous home to get to the campus, now it’s suicidal getting there. I’m not allowed to dorm either, I wonder why?
But you know what? It’s fine. If there were successful people who could make their life work out without college then I can too. I’ll either look into trade schools or just continue being a cop until I retire. But… I can’t help but feel jealous and sad when my brother in California is already a junior in college, majoring in business thanks to advice I gave him.

Some people tell me that I’m doing a lot for my age regarding personal success and the future, but then there are others who tell me I’m a lazy, antisocial, asshole who will never get married. I’ve mentioned it before, but my curse contributes a lot to the problem. I wasn’t born the person I know I am–in other words, the wrong body. That alone is a personal hell of it’s own, I won’t go too into detail with it though. Partially because I’m too scared to. Albeit some people already know what it is… But it changes their view of me forever, even if they like it or not.
The Hierophant forces his ideals on me with that too. I can see why as it’s how I physically appeared to be for years… But deep down I’ve always felt the opposite. I have no problem being the opposite either. Everyone just sees me as they should. Everyone except for him. He does not care if it physically hurts me everyday, or if I go to such lengths to pass off as “okay.” I have even more troubles to deal with regarding that in terms of money, I might need potentially as much money as buying a second house just to lift that curse. It sucks, but I have to deal with it. Aren’t relatives supposed to support their children instead of forcing them to be who they aren’t? Or is it just some half-baked American ideal that was gone unsung in school?

The only other option is to die… which I’m not doing. So don’t worry. But I’ve had/still have really heavy chronic depression. I was a fool and stayed up until 3 AM once which is the WORST time to be pondering about life. A lot of inner demons started to jab at me from the past, and the Moon in the Gutter started echoing in my head.

I never felt so crushed in my entire life because I realized I have nothing to live for yet I was too scared to end it all and die.

I’ve pondered about suicide in the past before and bluffed about doing it in really depressed episodes. But no moment came as close to that one. Luckily Zephyr came through to me, refused to leave me alone until I felt better. It took about a week to get out of that numb, gloomy state but he managed to do it. For that reason alone I’ll always consider him a dear friend because he reached out to me when no one else did when it mattered most.

Anyways… Enough mush and gush from me. I just want to know if what I’m doing is right. If I have any hope for the future. I’m blind from all the negativity thrown at me at home and I can’t measure how close I am to leaving this hellish place behind me and living a normal, better life with Zephyr. From constantly hearing that I’m a “fool” and going against “god’s will” I’m starting to lose grip on reality for what it is. My greatest wish is to have enough power one day to leave and yell back at The Hierophant that he can go fuck himself for being an awful father to me for years and that I’m not obligated to meet his dreamed-up expectations. Also, I’m sorry if you actually troubled yourself and read the entire thing without skimming. I went off on a tangent in some places. I could use advice and support…

I’m no good at advice but I seriously hope you can get away from your father and live a better life. I can only slightly relate, my dad is super homophobic and called me a faggot once. Most important of all, I love you dude, please don’t do anything to harm yourself. :heart:

Here’s a melon, to mellow you out.

still dispise your dad

everyone goes through hard times at some stage in their lives. I have, albeit not to your level, and the way I got through it was just thinking about the end goal.

I live my life by this quote that I thought of about 5 years ago -
If you live your life knowing that one day you will be free, you are already halfway there.

All in all, we r here for you. We may just be a forum for a game that no one knows about, but the majority of us have formed a good community and will not judge you, or anyone.

-Spud

I can offer no strong advice as I have not been through nearly what you are going through, but all I have to say is that there will always be people in the world who support and love you, you just have to find them. <3

I can’t really say I shared the same experiences with you, but trust me. Everyone has bumps and bridges in their lives.

Work towards your license, gain that freedom.

I can understand harsh parents, and constant feelings of hopelessness.

Here's a story from me

When I was just getting out of elementary school, my parents divorced.

At first, I had no idea why they were divorced.
My life before the divorce was torture. Imagine the only two people that you care about in the world (my brother doesn’t count :wink: ) hate each other, and are arguing constantly. I was merely a messenger in their arguing, they didn’t want to even speak with each other.

(After taking psychology, I wondered how they got married in the first place.)
I was torn apart. They treated me and my brother as possessions, fighting for who got to keep us. I thought my life was shattered. I was forced to move away with my mom, only visiting my dad occasionally, leaving my friends and the life I knew. Fortunately, that was the only time I had to move schools. However, adjusting to my new school, new people who already knew each other, was terrifying, and I can’t imagine doing it consistently.

Fast forward to the 2016 election. My mom is like you, doesn’t care for religion or politics (neither do I). We had a joke about her closing her eyes and picking a candidate because they were both shit (and also California = our vote doesn’t really matter because 90% of the state voted for Hillary). My dad… well I’m actually not sure if he believes in religion. I do know that after the election he would compare anything I did wrong to trump.

You don’t like getting verbally insulted behind your back? Too bad. Trump gets attacked and he doesn’t care. Despite that, he still cares. Your dad probably/hopefully cares about you, and should accept you how you are. If he doesn’t love you because of your views, honestly he can go fuck himself. Don’t feel like it’s your fault. It’s his for being a shitty person.

I can’t imagine the pain you go through every day, but just remember there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep going, we’re supporting you Solo.

hey sen do you wanna talk this out of discord later?
you can have my patented therapist gaod again

WW2-Russian-Soviet-Color-POSTER-Soldier-7-Propaganda

Comrade Taun will always be here

Virtual hug

Never give up and when u do live with zephyr (or alone), fulfill ur greatest wish and cut all ties with that fool!

Nonononono.
Indeed, Solosen should move out and live their own life, free from being constantly slandered for who they are or what they believe. That’s very important.
But @SoloSen , don’t completely cut out your dad from your life. Even in his own twisted or strange way he’s being your parent. By all means, move out and make your own. Just don’t attempt to completely remove yourself from your family.
ON THE OTHER HAND, HOLY SHIT. If he’s beating you and treating you like trash because, thanks to him, you can’t support yourself, then follow up on that moving out business when you can. Your dreams are more important than his.
(Polish catholic parents sound fairly similar to this…)

You’ve said Zephyr is a great friend who’s been supporting you for a while.
Stay with him (not necessarily, like, in a house or something, just stay friends). They seem like a great person, and if they’ve been helping you out through all this then they will continue to be great to you.

NO ONE here can completely relate to your situation or tell you the perfect way out, we here do not know your situation completely.
Do know however that we ALL wish you the best in your future life. Good luck :+1:

I…, er…, I dont know what to say, but one thing I do know is that “the hierophant” is a massive richard, and he shouldn’t do what he’s doing, F him

And, another thing, these are some inspirational quotes from a certain character in a certain ds game located in alternate japan dunno if it will help or not, but here you go any way:
Note: intrepret these as best realated to your problem.

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go.

Enjoy the moment with all your might...whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!

Knowing it in your head doesn't mean much if you don't act on it.

I don’t really know what to tell you. I have a brother who dropped out of college, now his life is just a grind job. While my father DOESN’T get aggressive or anything he is a christian and forced that option on the me and it too shoved me away. I feel really sad and depressed but like you I don’t want to commit suicide and throw in the towel all together. I’m a senior this year and I have no clue what I’m going to do with my life. I dearly miss some people who graduated last year and I feel like I have fewer friends. But compared to you I may have it pretty good.

fuck your dad honestly like seriously wtf

I hope you can end up moving out and saving up some more money, maybe you can stay at a friend’s house and live with them for a bit, that would help you save up money and get away from the hell hole.

why aren’t you allowed to dorm? you’re 18 your parents shouldnt have that control over you.

Maybe you should try contacting some groups such as American Atheists https://www.atheists.org/ , they might be able to provide some advice or help.

I won’t go into detail, but I empathize and have been through very similar things that you have. I have very oppressive parents as well and I am physically and verbally beaten quite often and I know thinking about killing yourself feels good when you are sad, but personally, what stops me every time is the fact I don’t believe in an afterlife and my fear of not existing overcomes my sadness. To tell the truth, I normally cheer myself up by having fun with my friends either at my job or at school because they make me feel appreciated and like everything will be okay.

Another thing I wanted to add was that a good job to get is lifeguarding. You need to take a 2 day class to become certified and the class costs $300 but I started profiting on my 9th day of work. I’m not sure about the climate in your area, but I live in Houston and the pools are always open. I have lifeguarded at several pools and lifeguards are required to get breaks every 30 minutes, so that’s great. During these breaks, I normally swim and excersize, because you basically get free pool access to excersize. Also, it’s great for making friends because generally the people that are lifeguards are super nice and chill. Also, (maybe most important) if you lifeguard at a popular pool or a pool in a rich area, the pay rates are way above minimum wage. I make $10.50 an hour and get about 6-8 hours a day 6-7 days a week. Just last month I made a little over $1500. Also, the job is super easy, you just sit in a chair and watch people.

Dorming in college costs money

sigh
I dislike people like that

I’m pretty much the opposite of you, but hey, everyone has their own opinions. Noone should be judged for their opinions except for opinions of a certain criteria.

Again, annoying AF. I am very sorry.

If his screaming is causing physical pain, then let him know.

Good, fix your diet. 10/10 would recommend.
Also that’s literally abuse, report him

Work toward your goal and you will get there. Keep pushing.

What. A. Douchebag

Parents do not have the right to dictate and mold their child in the way they want, according to my mother.

If he’s literally beaten you to the point of wanting to stay away, REPORT HIM.

Holy. Shit.

1. Your father qualifies as abusive. Report him (If you can prove that he was doing this when you were <18 yrs old)
  2. What a dick father, I don’t know what to say.
  3. Self harm is never a good choice. Once you walk that road, you have crossed the Event Horizon.
  4. Do whatever you need to in order to get out (Don’t break the law though)
  5. Do not reflect on your father, weird advice I know. YOur dad sounds like the type to beat even harder when resisted. So don’t resist him openly, please (Battle him in places where there is equal footing, such as the courts).
  6. We are here for ya, hang in there.

Got a feeling that’s just something you came up with as a coping mechanism (which, if anything, further emphasizes how bad you’ve had it).

Also I’m sorry if this disappoints you, but nothing in that entire rant has significantly changed my view of you.

The fact that you’re still planning for the future is a very positive sign, as it shows you’re not completely broken and apathetic yet.

You should absolutely keep advancing toward that goal. I don’t know how much of your father’s attitude comes from being genuinely convinced he’s doing the right thing and how much is just him wanting someone he can dominate and disguising this selfish desire as “faith”, but regardless it’s clearly not working out well for you.

Only problem: Solo kinda needs somewhere to live.

If he reports his father, he might not be able to live there.

Once he moves out, of course he can try reporting his father if he wants to.

I’m not much of a people person, I’m sure you’ve understood that by now. The reason being is likely due to my dramatic value for logic over morals.
Let me start off by saying that there is no perfect solution that beats all. There is no such thing as a miracle.

As harsh as it sounds, the only solution available is time. However, you should speed up this process if you believe you are unable to last long enough.

I realize what I’m about to suggest will disgust you to even consider it, perhaps to even think about it, but you’re asking for advice and this is what I’ve got available. I apologize in advance.

Play his game. He is taking advantage of you. Change that. Take advantage of him. Get as much leverage as you can under him. He wants you to pray? Do it. What does it matter to you if you pray to a god you don’t even believe exists? If you can get him on your side no matter how fake you act you’ve acquired enough leverage to put yourself in your brother’s position.
I understand that it is easier said than done, but if you want something to change you’ve got to change his perspective of you.

You’ve only presented the surface of the issue, but based on what I know about the subject I’m sure he’ll take it along the lines of their misguided son who’s seen the light. Let him believe whatever it takes to get yourself on top. In the end, it does not matter how you got there. All that matters is that you made it.

There are no miracles in life because we are the miracles. It is up to you to make a miracle a reality. It is up to you to make your future a reality.

The choice is yours to make, and only yours.