Really Depressing Rant (Long)

Having basically no formal education on religion, I appreciate your willingness to explain things clearly.

But at the same time, I feel like this could easily turn into underhanded, passive-agressive insults.

“Oh no, it’s not an insult, only the Lord may judge, I’m just saying you’re a dirty filthy sinner and your whole life is an abomination against nature, that’s all”.

You guys are making this shift fly by.

You know me, I only aim to please.

lol

Oh yeah, it can very easily turn into underhanded digs like that! I can’t stand it.

Obviously though, that statement is highly judgemental and the Bible warns you against being judgemental

Here’s a screenshot of Matthew 1-7 bc I couldn’t be bothered to type it all out.

I’m not sure I’m picking up what you’re putting down. Maybe I didn’t explain clearly what saying sin is from me to you?

Perhaps take religion out of the equation.

and did he not explain to you what the term “hierophant” meant to him?

this entire argument stemmed from the fact that you didn’t like him calling his father a hierophant. what makes it okay for you to call him a sinner, regardless of explanation? i feel like there’s a double standard at work here.

Oh Shatter, religion is very intertwined in this discussion and the way Solo is being treated by his father. That’s not the answer.

He did, and it was still a personal insult.

No religion is not intertwind in

ok my replies are getting shorter and shorter bc I have to take care of school, I’ll be back to discuss later if possible

Yeah about that, no thanks. This is a runaway train to nowhere.

Absolutely it is, considering the context of “heirophant” and Solo’s situation. I think you thought you did something really cool by saying “oh let’s just remove religion” and implying the problems will be solved if it’s removed, but you really didn’t.

Nope just saying it adds jack shit to the conversation at hand, no one cares or wants religion brought up .

Well shit. Guess I’m not actually a legit christian then…?

Yipes man. Not sure if this is sarcasm or actual concern that you’ve missed something :^(

But… does taking religion into account really solve anything here?

Don’t get me wrong, I think what you’re saying is interesting. But I don’t think it’s going to be any help for Sen. At the end of the day, whether his father is truly a Christian or not doesn’t change the fact that he’s being abusive and wants to force him into a life he doesn’t want to live.

Sometimes there’s no middle ground to be found. With some people, the only choice you have is between submitting to them and rejecting them.

(i’m posting a public apology)

You are a legit christian. You need to confess your sins every so often.

Also, Go to Church(I can’t do that because if I do, I’ll be dead within 1 minute)

My parents are baptized and all…
BUT
they don’t believe in God