Realm Error when trying to connect

Socket-Server Security Error: Error #2048 (“Please open port 2050 to your firewall”)

I’m trying to connect to realm and I can’t get in. Also having troubles connecting to various other games, even though my internet works fine for the most part.

1. I’ve checked, no the servers are not down, this is an issue on my side

2. I am on university internet, I just moved my PC into my dorm, but I also did a clean install of windows, so that might be part of the problem. If I try to play realm on my laptop, I have no issue. So Im not sure its the university blocking realm. That said, while using my laptop I have it connected to wireless internet (wifi) and this PC is hooked up via an ethernet cable.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Yep I’m pretty sure that means the game is blocked. If the school didn’t block it you might have to make an exception for it

Your suspicions are correct.

“Please open port 2050 to your firewall”

This is in reference to the router’s firewall. While the university is not explicitly blocking realm, it’s more likely that the university has most of it’s ports closed as to secure it’s mainframe from malicious attacks. Most games require certain ports to run, so you may find a multitude if not all online multiplayer games, fail to launch.

The only ethical way around this, is to get another form of internet access, say a dedicated hotspot from a carrier, or to tether your computer to your phone (beware of using your data extremely fast this way).

grafik

If it doesnt work you can test if its the uni net by using your phones internet

@moderators

I fixed the issue, feel free to close this thread