Realm Forge! - use for duplicate UT's

Welcome,

Since I lost my reddit account and Im too lazy to make another one ill post this here.
This is rather rough draft of what I have thought of while being outsude (oof).
Ever played another mmo where you use some sorts of stones/gems to upgrade an item? +1 +2 +3 etc?
Well here goes an use for all the useless UT’s that you might have too many copies of! (If you dont want to feed them, that is)

Realm Forge! (At tinkerer)

How it works:
Simply take an copy of your equipped UT to tinkerer to upgrade it! (Sorta like quests)
You wield an Dbow and have another one in inventory - forge them at tinkerer to make a Dbow +1

For a Dbow +2 you would need Dbow +1 (equipped) and 2 regular dbows
For a Dbow +3 you would need Dbow +2 (equipped) and 3 regular dbows
up to +8 (max #of items that tinkerer can accept)
Upgrade cost is 1000 Fame x #of upgrade (+1 - 1000 +8 - 8000)
WARNING : the upgrade success is always 100% - Dont want to see here any other value like in other games - getting uts is bothersome as is

Stats: (well balancing can be an issue here)

• Weapons (only change dmg leave rest as is):
    +0 min dmg - +5 max dmg @+1
    +5 min dmg - +0 max dmg @+2
    up to +20/+20 @+8

- Armors/Rings:
+1 to stats every 2 levels
+5 HP/MP per level

• Example:
  • FDBA +8: Def +21 Att +8 Spd +7 Vit +7
  • Nile +8: HP+100 MP+100 Spd +8 Dex +8
  • Bplate +8: HP+200 Def +16
  • Cult Robe +8 Att +9 Def+14 Wis+19 Mp+80
  • Nil +8: Def +25 Spd -6 -(yes I know this wont work with +8 quiver +8 source (-12 from quiv+arm and +10 from sourcestone - if individual values would work for every single item this is a subject to change)

//

• Abilities (now here is the biggest problem - very open to discussion)
    Im leaning towards mixing it up:

• Dmg
    +0 min dmg - +5 max dmg @+1
    +5 min dmg - +0 max dmg @+2
    //
    If dmg is set (ctrap/vile/skulls) - +5 per level

• Stats
    Leave HP/MP bonuses unchanged
    +1 to stats every 2 levels (including negative ones)

• MP cost unchanged
    Range unchanged
    Cooldown Unchanged

Im sure that I have missed something, and I dont visit this forum too often. Would like to hear opinions of others about balancing / coders in regard if this is even possible, So feel free to bash me as much as you want. But now that I have written that it wont be bugging me anymore.

Cheers!

I just realized that the numbers come before the stat. Which makes sense – 200 DEF doesn’t sound right.

What happens to a plane+3? Does it only get a little bit of dex and spd or does it start doing damage on cloak?

What happens to EP? Does it get +5 on each projectile or is the +5 divided across all the projectiles?

Those are the most common actual whites and it’s not evident what would happen to them.

The max and min on the damage is the damage for each individual shot, if they’re adding +5 to the max/min then it would include every shot.

Yea, but that would make a much, much bigger difference on an EP than it would on an ASS.
The more shots per second a weapon has, the bigger a difference that makes.

I know, I think the entire idea is bad personally.

I’ve heard quite a few ideas for forges like this. I’ve never really been a fan of them. Honestly, there shouldn’t be a need for it. Chest events are the reason we have hordes of these uts. Hopefully, DECA can wind down these events as they must be nearing completion of unity. Winding down these events should also decrease the amount of pet food we get so we will value extra uts as pet food more and more (and deca can get more money from pets). Basically, there will be no need for it if DECA finally stops weekend chest events weekend challenges.

Anyway, even if there was a need for it, this idea needs extreme development or should be scrapped. It can make more common items more powerful than rarer items, make items too powerful in general and the current way you propose buffs is extremely unbalanced. Obviously, a it would be far better to change stats by percentage rather than 5 for damage or 1 for stats. Like this, the more shots you put out, the greater the buff. This makes buffs to ep/staffs in general/tshot/cbow and the like with fast fire rate or lots of shots way greater than single shot or slow shooting weapons like swords/ass/dbow. Also, items that give more stats will receive far larger buffs than rings with few large stat buffs. Honestly, I think this should be scrapped for quite a few reasons. I also personally just don’t like the idea of cluttering the ui with forge numbers and needing to get 37 extremely rare items to be the most powerful. A forge is not needed unless DECA continues chest event shit, and if they do, I really don’t care anymore I’ll just give up on the game or something. (and come back in a few months if the game is still alive because I have nothing else to do)

Sounds completely horrible. It would let you use surplus UTs, yes, but that in a way makes it worse as it benefits the players most able to farm UTs. The players who already have the best gear would quickly be flexing their sets of +8 UTs.

Other than that it is unimaginative, unbalanced, just a form of power creep with no redeeming features. At least when DECA introduce power creep into the game it’s with entirely new content, new unique items, new dungeons or both.

They just gave the chest events a new name, I don’t think they’re stopping any time soon.

Based on things I’ve seen said by UGC members Deca isn’t as close to Unity as they should be.

Using two duplicates of an item to make a better version of it… you wouldn’t happen to have been playing any shitty Japanese mobile games recently, perchance? stuff like FGO, GBF, …?

In those games that’s typically used as a way to favor whales: if you can spend enough money to roll hundreds of times, you can get a ton of duplicates of the rarest items and uncap them (or forge them, to use your own words) to their fullest potential.

Guess what would happen with STs and Mystery Boxes if your idea were to be implemented in RotMG. Bonus round: guess what would happen to the already existing discrepancies between more casual players and people who whale thousands of dollars on LH/Shatters/Court of Oryx dungeons/other endgame or otherwise rare dungeons keys.

This idea definitely has a lot going for it…
It doesn’t sound too overpowered, and it certainly is based around something which I, and many other players probably think should be added to the game (A better version of the old tinkerer)
Although I think adding this much complexity to the items may take away from how good it feels to get a new item, especially for players who are just starting to get good whites for the first time.

That cheeky mobile gaming comment - No, im a power user and the only thing that comes close to a games are my NES/SNES/GBA emulators.

The only reason I went with +5 to dmg is to keep it as close to equal numbers as possible (see its always 5 or 0’s - ray katana is different here but it has set dmg) with +8 the lowest number is well 5 or 0, if it were +10 you could simply add 1 dmg min / 1 dmg max to add +5/+5 and call it a day - Percentage idea isnt bad but it would be prolly super ass to implement. Thanks for pointing out the Fire Rate issues (Here comes me playing only melees now…)

Hell you can make +1 stat boosts at level 4 and 8 to keep it from being too OP (see now youre at point of where you decide to got with +8 flex for little benefit or to not bother and keep em at 0 but lose ‘flexing’ ability - this sometihng that skins introduced into the game didnt they? - Myself never bothered stayed as F2P as possible, hell burned all the skins after i got 1 for each class as FP (2k is a lot for F2P))

About Power Creep - its everywhere not only in realm, but here its shown more as lower skilled players are not welcome due to danger that they contain (LH), Overall usefullness (again LH where pet keeps you alive and able to fight) HP scaling (almost everywhere). All thanks to the power of ‘dungeon’ discords which just glorifiy the $$$ people literally and metaphorically. Whaling can only get you so far until eventually you hit the wall again.

My stance on this is that everybody should strive to be better at the game (be it maxing pet / getting better at dodging / faster at rushing dungeons / more knowledgable about the game) - thats at least how I got to the point where I am now (Still there are UT’s that I never had cus why bother) But community doesnt allow for that as entering shatts dropped from realm is a really bad idea - name some other dungs as well.

The only ST’s that i bother to use are pixie/soulless and maybe zaarvox and drakefyre (due to implemented spd buff) (they only give 4% unless you look at LH trick items - Dagger/Cuffs)

About the spike of happiness - it only lasts a short while - remember the game trains you to go without em for a long time only to get you that spike after desired white drops and make you depressed for dropping the other white that you never really wanted (yes im looking at you aether orb) - After all its a gambling game (you time (can even be put into $ as you could be productive) vs virtual reward that makes your character play differently)

Forgive my ranting - I can see where you all are coming from and this was kinda hastily put together.
Cheers!

Can’t wait to get +999999999999999999999999999999 void quiver and still 0 nil armors

Whoops bump stellacri

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.