Realm of the Mad God RPG?

So I’ve been lightly working on a passion project of mine lately which is basically just Rotmg but as an rpg in the style of Final Fantasy. Ive been making my own sprites and tiles but mostly grounded in the designs already in game (ie. i want the tutorial character to be Craig so its him but a slightly different color pallete.) Ive kind of been wondering if it would be taken down for some reason i cant think of? obviously i dont plan on selling the game, just putting it up on Game Jolt or something and obviously crediting to deca/wild shadow/kabam for the IPs. And besides that, despite making slow progress i have high hopes for it to be challenging in the way darkest dungeon is and balancing characters around their roles in game and how they play off one another. Thoughts?

If you want sprites like those in the game then the initial game icons were licensed from Oryx Design Lab. For a fee you could license them yourself, or one of the other sets he sells.

Apart from that you might not have a problem if your sprites are nor too similar. If they are similar you might still be OK as you are not directly competing against DECA with a PC game. You might want to contact them first to confirm this, to get some idea of how they might treat it.

Or you could just make it. If it’s good enough, and original enough, I suspect they won’t have a problem with it. They are happy for people to do e.g. art based on the game even if there could be copyright issues.

this one specifically

appreciate it, ive been slow to updating stats and making tilesets but its coming along i suppose. ill be looking at the sprites and seeing how applicable they are. thanks! :>

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.