Realmafia: Corruption (Game Completed)

Welcome to the latest installment of what used to be a rotmg-themed mafia game that was hosted by Toastrz absolutely ages ago and no one cares about anymore. Normally I’d also include some snarky aside about Mrunibro’s jank-ass bot, but if all goes to plan this game should also feature a brand-new bot made by Zuzu! I’ll reserve judgement for after we test it out in this game.

Like last time, we’re completely ditching the rotmg theme for something fresh because it went over really well, and I enjoy these new types of games way more even if they take 700 times the effort to write for. In fact, I’ve also had to rewrite some of this post to reflect the new setting. I’m also making this sign up thread much earlier than the last one so I can slowly reveal more and more of the setting as I write it instead of simply dumping it all on you at once on the day it happens, so anyone who signs up via this thread won’t miss out on all this unlike the people who are already in the server.

It’d make sense to put some kind of lore snippet here to tease your interest, but 2 years of hosting these games has taught me that absolutely no one reads this so I’m not going to bother. Instead, I’m going to put all the setting stuff in its own announcement channel on the server so I can be sure it’ll get read. Unlike the previous game in the Realmafia 2 series, Metamorphosis, the setting and background will play a much stronger role in the story so I need to do whatever it takes to get people to actually internalize and process this information by “go time”. That includes making the sign up thread early before I’ve finished writing everything. Fear not though! The game is definitely on its way and it’ll be a great time.

Click HERE if you're new and need a rundown of the rules of a regular mafia game

It’s a battle of wits between the innocent Civilians and the evil Mafia! The only thing stopping you from punting the traitors is… well, you don’t know who’s who! The civilians win when all Mafia are successfully eliminated, while the Mafia win once they outnumber or match the amount of living civilians. Approximately 20% of the players are mafia-aligned, the exact number will be made known before the game begins.

When the game begins, every player will be privately informed of their randomly decided role. You know the truth about yourself, but unless you’re in the Mafia, everyone else is not necessarily trustworthy. It’s a game about uncertainty and the ability to convince others of your arguments and reasoning.

This should really go without saying, but it is forbidden to share proof of private host messages to confirm your role with anyone else, even non-players. There are no prizes for winning, this is all just for fun, so I ask that all players keep with the spirit of the game and not defeat the purpose of it. You are completely free to declare yourself as any role (regardless of whether or not it’s true) with a statement like “I am the Doctor,” but you are not allowed to definitively prove it with information outside of the game mechanics.

In each Day phase, all living players can publicly share their suspicions and vote against someone with the idea being to vote out a Mafia member. The Mafia members participate in these debates as well, except their intent is to convince others of voting out innocent people instead of themselves. The person with the most votes by the end of the phase will be executed/lynched and removed from the game. If the votes result in a tie, then the tied players will typically either guess a number or do Rock Paper Scissors during the following Night phase.

In each Night phase, players will not be able to speak in the public channel. During this phase, the Mafia team selects one person to assassinate during the night, and each special innocent role will choose who to use their abilities on during the night. This phase lasts until all parties have made their decisions, within reason.

You can choose not to vote (abstain) and change your vote as much as you’d like until the given deadline. If any player goes without posting for too long (two in-game phases), they’ll get the inactivity boot, which will occur alongside the majority vote. Keeping relatively quiet is a valid strategy, but you must at least meet this minimum threshold of participation.

Any murders by the Mafia and executions by majority vote will be noted at the start of the following Day phase, with the roles of the dead revealed. Innocent special roles like the Doctor are often who the Mafia want gone the most. Dead players and folks who never joined cannot vote or try swaying people’s votes. There will be a spectator room on the Discord server that players cannot see, but these spectators should not privately contact players about the game, whether that be through Discord PMs, being a part of another server that they are in, or talking in RotMG itself.

Here’s all the stuff that’s different from a typical mafia game, if you’re new you MUST read this section:

So here’s the twist that separates this experience from a typical mafia-like game: in addition to being given a role, you will also be given a “persona”, or character that you must perform as. You must remain in-character at all times, and you must prioritize your character’s personal motivations and your act of sticking to the character over actually trying to win the game, regardless of team. So if I give you a persona who is looking for ingredients to make a sausage roll, you must prioritize finding those ingredients from other players over playing the “game”. The actual mafia game really is not the point of these games, approach it more as an elaborate roleplay session. In Metamorphosis we actually had the final mafia member stop killing players on their own, and the non mafia characters didn’t bother trying to kill him. So don’t think too hard about the mafia part of the game, alright?

As an example of a persona, I’ll show you one of the ones from last game. Partially because I will have to write more personas as more people sign up, but partially because I want to point out something that I’ve been doing in the past two games so it doesn’t surprise you:

You are Skullbot 3000. Contrary to your name, you are actually a very pleasant fellow and do your best to get along with everyone you meet. You were originally an experimental project of Mia Tinkercusp who was accidentally imbued with self-awareness. Mia chose to let you go afterwards, as it didn’t feel right to keep you like you were another belonging. you want to become more human as you can tell you lack certain features of a true sentient being. You believe these fragments are somehow capable of granting a human heart, among other things, as it was likely Mia’s fragment that accidentally granted you self-awareness in the first place. Also, you are 7 times stronger than a human and have armor plating that would put tanks to shame.

You cannot be defeated in any kind of combat. You are not immune to being killed by the mafia or by lynching, but no character can harm you outside of normal game mechanics.

This is what would be sent to your DMs if you were given the Skullbot 3000 role. You would behave as you imagine this character would do, and you would be welcome to fill in the blanks on how you imagine your relationship with Mia Tinkercusp would be. There are some little details like that I leave up to your own interpretation, but you must stick to what I’ve explicitly written for you at least. Your discord nickname on the server would also temporarily be set to Skullbot 3000 [not a real boy] to help you and others keep track of what you are at a glance.

Notice the second part is all bold. This is what I’ve come to call a “secret trigger”. This section is only given to you, it is not part of the public version of Skullbot 3000’s persona description and no one else is told about this. If you were playing Skullbot 3000 and for some reason there was a fight over someone’s mysterious fragment for example (something from last game, don’t worry about it much), you would be invincible in that fight if you chose to partake in it and could force the fragment from one person and keep it yourself. If someone tried fighting back, I as the host would ensure it would not harm you. You’ll get a feel for this sort of thing once we get started, trust me.

Some triggers are passive like Skullbot 3000’s, others happen in response to certain events in the course of the game. This is to further incentivize you to engage with the setting and with other characters, because that’s how you can get these trigger effects to happen. Some are simple while others are extremely long and complex, some you are free to mention if you’d like to and others must be kept secret at all times, but the important point is that every persona has one. If you don’t see one, that means what triggers it is secret even to you, but rest assured you will still have one. If you’re ever uncertain about what parts of your secret trigger you’re allowed to talk about, ask me right away.

I think that’s everything that needs to be said about that, so here’s the roles that will be available in this game:

Civilian team roles:

Warrior (Civilian)

This is the most basic role. They have no powers and are on the Civilian team. Despite having no special abilities, they are the most common role and therefore have the most power in the daily voting. They must determine if they are on the right track or being misled on their own.

Priest (Doctor)

The Doctor is on the Civilian team, they have the power to defend anyone of their choosing from a mafia kill during the night. If the protected player is targeted by the mafia, they won’t die and it will be announced in the morning.

Paladin (Medic)

The Medic is on the Civilian team, and serves a similar role as the Doctor. On the first four turns of the game, the Medic can also heal other players, potentially saving them from death. On top of this, the Medic and Doctor start the game with their own private channel to speak with each other outside of the main text channel. This lets the two know for certain who the other one is, and how to efficiently handle the healing duties.

Sorcerer

Sorcerer (Deputy)

The Deputy is on the Civilian team. On the first four turns of the game, the Deputy can investigate another player and learn their true role. This is guaranteed to be accurate regardless of any obfuscation the mafia may be playing at.

Mafia team roles:

Assassin

Assassin (Mafioso)

Basic Mafia team member. Technically they have no special powers, but they work together in a private channel with their comrades and choose one person to assassinate during the night each turn. The game ends if the Mafia team members equal or outnumber the Nexus team members, or if all Mafia team members are killed.

Knight (Blocker)

The Blocker acts on the Mafia team. Each night he chooses a person to block, and that person’s special abilities are disabled for the night phase. However, no notification is sent to either the blocker or the public channel that a block successfully blocked someone capable of doing anything that can be blocked. The target of the block will be notified that they were blocked if they were a role that could be blocked.

Ninja
Ninja (Bomber)

You know, it’s been a long time since the mafia got a new role to play with. So here’s a brand new one that’s unique to this game for reasons that will become apparent at some point. Once during the game, the Bomber can use their special power during the night phase. This power overrides the regular mafia kill, so it cannot take place at the same time as a normal assassination. The Bomber then kills anyone of their choosing, the target cannot be saved by the Doctor or Medic, and the bomb’s detonation severely damages any room on the ship of the Bomber’s choosing, preventing anyone from entering or using that room until it is repaired. Could be handy, I’m sure you’ll figure out how best to use this power once you get into the zone.

Normally here I’d put in a rundown of the server, but there are certain server structure changes I haven’t implemented yet because they’re related to the upcoming new bot or related to things I haven’t written yet. So don’t worry about that, I’ll get you up to speed later if you’re really confused for some reason.

Sign-ups:

Like in some other games, I’ve already done some questioning on the server to see who’s interested and so the roster is already partially filled. Don’t panic! There is no player limit and I’ll add anyone who wants to join. I am not looking for any specific amount of players. You can sign up on here or by DM’ing me on discord (Xaklor#2460). If you do sign up here, make sure to give me your discord tag so I can friend you. This is necessary in order to set up the mafia chatroom, if you don’t do this then I can’t let you play. Also don’t forget if you go an entire phase without speaking you will be warned for inactivity, and will be kicked if you do it again the next phase. Each day phase lasts 24 hours to give equal speaking opportunity to everyone around the world (we have players in the US, Europe, and Australia, it’s necessary trust me).

Current Roster:

1. Boombleeb
  2. Ludfru
  3. Orsome
  4. WindowsHD
  5. Herb
  6. Nameness
  7. GammaGamer
  8. NubieDubie
  9. NyanGamer
  10. DeeBomb
  11. HorusKane
  12. TROLLDLLR
  13. SirSpud
  14. iExisted
  15. Geo
  16. Platformz
  17. Ruby.
  18. Sansisgood
  19. sadfahlsdj
  20. Redox
  21. Seelpit

Here’s the server invite: https://discord.gg/FnP5XUz
Even if you don’t plan on participating, join the server! If this game is anything like the last one, it will certainly be worth your time to come watch the hilarious antics. At one point I was dying of laughter for 4 hours straight.

fan of senchoof#3236

Suspicion

after much preparation and deliberation, everything is finally in place for the game to begin! the game will begin tomorrow at 8 PM MDT, roughly 24 hours from now. hope to see you there!

The game has started by now

The sounds of another ship come in from the distance, it’s the rescue ship Maximus brought in! In a last-ditch attempt to prevent the passengers from getting to safety, the last cloaked Oscarian vessel, a submarine directly beneath the Sky’s Grace, launches a missile at the incoming rescue ship. Fulfilling his duty to save the passengers and crew at all costs, Maximus jumps out of the rescue ship directly into the missile’s path, blowing himself up along with the missile. Rest in peace, Maximus. The rescue ship drops a ladder down the hole in the roof Dennis made during the Sophia boss fight, and everyone climbs up to safety. The potion seller, being the last one out, pulls a small black potion out of their vast stockpile. “Behold, my greatest creation yet! You see, I was unable to find a cure for the Rustblight because it’s very difficult to analyze the effects of pure Noirite without having any pure Noirite myself. So what I’ve done is taken the corrupted Noirite and crafted a potion that enhances its effects! I call it the Potion of Annihilation. Anything this potion touches ceases to exist entirely, so with this I can destroy the Rustblight forever, along with the ship of course but it’s not like we need that thing anymore.” The potion seller tosses the black potion at the Sky’s Grace, and the ship slowly fades to black, and then to nothingness. The rescue ship returns to land and everyone is finally safe after all of the tense uncertainty.

But what of the war? With the Oscarian conspiracy exposed, Bilona immediately withdrew from the bad faith peace hearings and rededicated themselves to the conflict. Oscary believed this to be a foolish decision as Oscary has more than enough resources to defeat Bilona in war and forcing them to prove it only costs more people their lives in battle. However, after hearing of the conspiracy it seems Bilona has convinced a few other, previously neutral parties to join as allies to punish Oscary for their crimes against humanity at large for using Noirite. Oscary was crushed in battle and ultimately surrendered. The heads of the Oscarian military were tried and executed for their crimes. The potion seller hired a boat to take them out to sea so they could annihilate the fallen cargo bay 3, all of the passengers were safely returned home, and the remaining crew of the Sky’s Grace have retired the whole mercenary airship for hire business because holy heck that was crazy.

And I think that’s the whole game wrapped up. Sorry if you feel that was a bit of an anticlimax, ever since “turning the ship around to go back home” became the obvious way forward I’ve been unclear on how to call this or where the plot was going. I hope you all had some fun, and if you have any thoughts on the experience I welcome the feedback. I’ve already got a bunch of notes to myself for the next one, and I think I’ve got a more engaging setting for the next one as well. As for who “won”, I’m not sure that makes much sense in this context. Neither side really met their goals, everyone just abandoned ship. So… everyone wins? Or no one wins. Whichever you prefer.

Real quick though, there’s been some confusion as to what exactly the plot here is, which is understandable cuz it’s pretty intense and not every piece was relayed or understood correctly, so here’s a full exposition dump on the entirety of the situation:

First up, the situation with the war: Oscary has a clear technological edge over Bilona. They believe it’s best if they can just get Bilona to surrender now to save lives and resources on an otherwise inevitable conclusion. So, under the guise of establishing peaceful equal relations, Oscary sets up peace treaty talks and calls in some third party diplomats. Once the diplomats arrive, Oscary planned to kidnap them and replace them with an imposter, who would push for the total unconditional surrender of Bilona at the treaty talks. To sweeten the deal, Oscary hired two other characters from the outside: Matt Dinglepratt to bring in some Noirite, and Diana Sweetums, a nuclear physicist. The plan was to construct a Noirite bomb, something that would be even more devastating than any nuclear bomb we have in the real world. This is why Diana had the Hazmat Suit that she was ultimately killed for, the mafia thought having that on hand would be useful. The threat of this bomb combined with the fake diplomats should have made the total surrender of Bilona a sure win.

Once the Sky’s Grace got in the air though, you all know that’s not quite how it went down. The ship encountered a storm, and the turbulence broke open one of the potion seller’s crates of backup stock. A Potion of Corrosion broke, and it started eating away at the box containing the Noirite. The Noirite reacted with the potion to create the Rustblight, the unstoppable metal-eating menace you’re all at least somewhat familiar with now. The captain swore not to land the ship until the Rustblight was dealt with as it could spread once landed which would obviously be bad. However, 5 passengers felt that being locked up in the air with the Rustblight was far too unsafe, and demanded that the ship be landed immediately to save their lives. These 5 passengers attempted to stage a mutiny and seize control of the ship by outnumbering everyone on board.

Meanwhile, while Bilona didn’t exactly know what Oscary is plotting they did know that something was up. They felt that the diplomats couldn’t be trusted, and hired 4 assassins to kill off the diplomats before the ship landed in Oscary. Importantly, these assassins are entirely unrelated to the mutineers. The fact that the mutineers first killed Victoria Swanson, a diplomat, was all an unfortunate coincidence that left the assassins with their weapons confiscated.

Once Matt’s Noirite was found, the captain put out a distress signal to try and get everyone off the ship so they could sink it where it would hopefully be safe. This ended up being a mistake because Oscary got the message and realized that if anyone else found out about the Noirite it’d expose the conspiracy and ruin everything, so they tried to destroy the ship and hide the evidence. Obviously they weren’t equipped to deal with the potion seller, so they tried to give chase with their cloaked submarine to block all outgoing signals in an attempt to trap them on the ship long enough for the Rustblight to wipe everyone out. That ultimately failed as well because of the plan to parachute drop Maximus and Tanner to get help on foot, and the conspiracy was ultimately foiled.

And I think the last bit that needed explaining for those of you who missed it is that earlier on in the game Sophia confiscated Kenneth Darkwood’s copy of The Effecacies of Dread. She’d been reading it throughout the game to determine if it was safe, and by the end she had ultimately converted. Once Maximus and Tanner were out of the picture, she took down the captain and captured the rest of the crew. She started summoning a variety of demons using the summoning ritual from the previous game, and then the rest was boss fight. The key I tried telling you guys about in gathering hall 1 was dropped during the evacuation of gathering hall 1 and was supposed to unlock the vault so you could get your weapons back, but then you didn’t use it.

And that is that! Here’s your regular end of game list of things:

Special roles

Blocker: Platformz (Matt Dinglepratt)
Bomber: HorusKane (Algrenon Baguettefucker)
Mafiosos: DeeBomb (Charles Gusteau), iExisted (Stella Claivoya), Geo (Kobe Lastname)

Doctor: Nameness (Scarlet Redflame)
Medic: Sadfahlsdj (Luna Knightly)
Deputy: Redox (Hunter Walker)

Nightly actions

Town Lynches:
Day 1: Ludfru
Day 2: none (heightened security prevented one)
Day 3: none (insufficient votes)
Day 4: none (insufficient votes)
Day 5: HorusKane
Day 6: iExisted
Day 7: none

Nameness’ visits:
Night 1: Sadfahlsdj
Night 2: none
Night 3: none
Night 4: Sadfahlsdj
Night 5: Sadfahlsdj
Night 6: Seelpit

Sadfahlsdj’s visits:
Night 1: Nameness
Night 2: TROLLDLLR
Night 3: TROLLDLLR
Night 4: Namenss

Redox’s visits:
Night 1: HorusKane
Night 2: Orsome
Night 3: herb
Night 4: Popwobbles

Mafia kills:
Night 1: Sadfahlsdj (unsuccessful)
Night 2: GammaGamer
Night 3: NubieDubie
Night 4: Redox (bombed)
Night 5: Orsome
Night 6: none

Platformz’s targets:
Night 1: herb
Night 2: Boombleeb
Night 3: Redox
Night 4: none
Night 5: herb
Night 6: NyanGamer

HorusKane’s bomb:
Night 4: Kablooey

Daily summaries

Day 1:

Not much time has passed since the death of Victoria Swanson and the passengers don’t seem willing to give the mutineers much time to even the odds. For his crimes against pretty much everything, Abram Ahabraham was thrown out the window after his arm. After searching his meager belongings you are able to determine he was only a Civilian, but you also find a book called “The ABCs of Purity”. It reads as follows:

Abandon your worldly desires
Blessed be abstinence from joy
Chastity keeps away blasphemy
Denounce dopamine, the devil’s drug
Eschew the enticements enveloping you
Forsake festivity and fun, the fool’s errands
God be his name and purity be thy game
Hear nothing but the way of virtue
Injustice occurs with every pleasure
Jubilation shall be adjudicated into be jaded
Kvelling is condemned to be killed
Lust, the lecherous lie that leads to longing
Mankind, the pawns of God meant to follow his pure plans
Numb your greed for corporeal delight
Obliterate oxytocin, the farce of companionship
Purity
Quarantine thyself of temptation
Relinquish 
Surrender serotonin, Satan’s deceit
Tribulations must be endured to walk the right path
Uncorrupt remain the practitioners of purity
Virtuous is the path of faith
Wash one’s hands of gratification
Xenodochy breeds camaraderie, a sin to be eradicated
Yearning is a trial to be confronted, do not stray from the path
Zealous we must remain in the face of human nature

In the name of purity, piety, and indifference; Amen.

In other news, no lives were lost to the mafia thanks to the efforts of the Doctor! Great job!

However, it seems a certain detail from yesterday was ignored or forgotten. Abram Ahabraham was indeed one of the diplomats being escorted to the Oscary-Bilona conflict. Losing two of his highly important passengers in a row has the captain FURIOUS. He has dramatically increased passenger surveillance and security presence, which has the following 2 effects:

Algrenon Baguettefucker and Scarlet Redflame have been imprisoned in holding cells. See the updated map for the exact location. You two may only speak when spoken to by someone in the hallway, any messages I see falling outside of this rule will be deleted. Any special abilities you two have, if any, cannot be used until you are freed. Any private chats you are in, if any, will not be available to you either.

Additionally, the vote requirement this phase is 14, AND at least 7 of those votes must all be cast on the same person to successfully lynch.

And finally, here is your day 2 status update:

You lot are pretty damn lucky I’m even bothering to speak to you after what you pulled yesterday.

Anyway, my engineer has some additional information about this thing he’s decided to call Rustblight. Rustblight is some kind of liquid that can soak into metal, and as it does so it changes the physical properties of that metal. First the metal takes on a rusted sort of appearance, then it starts losing bits of itself until all that’s left is a thin sheet of jagged metal. Presumably if it keeps going there won’t be anything left at all, but we haven’t seen that happen yet. Because Rustblight soaks through metal, the entire ship is in danger even if rooms aren’t directly connected.

There is one small bit of reassurance my engineer has been able to give us: the toxic gases created as a byproduct of the Rustblight reaction can easily be dispersed through the ship’s ventilation system as long as there isn’t an active Rustblight reaction in that room. So any rooms that have been lost are still a lost cause, but any minor leaks that get through shouldn’t ever get concentrated enough to harm you.

We’re working with the potion seller now to see if they have any useful insight into the situation. We’ll keep you posted.

Day 2:

There wasn’t enough manpower for a lynching, but today the added security threat has relaxed. Voting requirements are back to normal. The prisoners still have not been released. Also as an update to the jail requirements, I’ve changed my mind and added a #hallway channel. Jailed players can only speak in the hallway channel, which currently only has whichever guard is on duty in it.

The mafia have also claimed their first kill: Diana hadn’t said much up to this point but apparently had said enough to mark her for death. Her body was found with its head smashed in the door to her closet. Diana Sweetums was a Civilian.

There’s also one other update: the Rustblight has finally broken out of the cargo bays and into the connecting hallway. Because the holding cell is a part of that hallway, Charles Gusteau was exposed to the Rustblight. The security guard on duty, Maximus, tried to rush back to the crew quarters to grab a Hazmat Suit to come back and save him with, but was too late. Charles Gusteau is dead. He was a Mafioso. The potion seller took advantage of the opportunity and threw his body directly onto the Rustblight to see how it interacts with organic matter. Gusteau’s body was completely disintegrated within minutes. The potion seller took detailed notes.

And here’s your Rustblight update from the captain:

Well we’ve made some progress towards getting an explanation, but we’ve also uncovered a whole bunch more questions in the process. See, the potion seller has determined that one of the components of the Rustblight is their very own potion of corrosion. Our current working theory is that storm we had a few days back rocked the ship enough to damage one of the crates containing the backup potion inventory and a potion of corrosion leaked out. Trouble is, the potion seller has sworn on their life that there’s something else to the picture. The potion of corrosion doesn’t release toxic gases, and the potion seller’s antidote potion doesn’t clear the Rustblight. We haven’t found anything on our inventory list that would have any notable reactions with the potion though, so we currently don’t have a clue what else is in there. If anyone has information that would help complete the picture, please come forward.

Day 3:

Still no lynching took place, but it wasn’t the security NPCs fault this time. There just weren’t enough votes to go around.

During the night it was Kenneth Darkwood’s turn to be killed. He was found with a glass of lemonade smashed into his face and a particularly large shard of glass was rammed into his heart. Kenneth Darkwood was a Civilian. Sophia still has not relinquished his book.

Rustblight update from the captain:

Well I thought we were making good progress, but then that crazy potion se- SHUT UP AND GIVE ME THAT THING FEEBLE MINDED MAN, I HAVE SOMETHING ACTUALLY IMPORTANT TO SAY!! * ahem * Behold!! My latest creation: the JPG potion! Using this, I can neutralize the Rustblight by converting it into a field of JPG artifacts! Now, let’s witness some history in the making!

*an intense rumbling shakes the ship as a large section of it is converted into physics-defying 2-dimensional compression artifacts. Cargo bay 3 nearly shakes so badly it falls off the ship entirely, but is converted before it can fully detach *

There. That should buy myself some time before it wears off to identify the unknown reagent. Enjoy your moment of safety thanks to my incredible genius.

Scott Yornoze has been released, apparently the potion seller has all the jpg artifacts they’d ever need now.

Day 4:

Just when you thought the commotion was all over, a thunderous explosion rocks the ship! A quick look outside reveals that there are no additional enemy ships nearby, and the explosion must have come from within. It seems the Bomber has finally made their move! Hunter Walker was caught in the explosion and killed instantly, leaving no opportunity for him to be saved. Despite his mental difficulties, Hunter Walker was the Deputy, and now his secrets have been lost. His notebook was also destroyed in the explosion.

Even worse though, the explosion has destroyed the hallway connecting the two gathering halls. The ship’s engineer is working on a fix, but until then that room cannot be entered. As a result of this, an interesting situation arises: You have all been separated into the gathering hall your room is connected to, and due to the lack of any connection all communication with the other gathering hall has been broken. If you physically cannot access the gathering hall, the chat for that hall has been hidden from you.

Also important! Those of you isolated to Gathering Hall 1 are isolated from the entire ship as well due to the Rustblight. NPC crew cannot reach you!

It also appears that during all this commotion, Scarlet Redflame and Algrenon Baguettefucker have escaped their cells! The damage the ship has taken must have broken them open. They are now free to act however they choose again.

And finally, here is your captain’s announcement:

I’m gonna be completely blunt with you all: we don’t have a plan at the moment and I have no idea what’s going to become of us. First things first though, we are turning this ship around immediately. Even though heading home will take another 2 days of flight time, after interrogating the enemy captain it’s clear we cannot go to Oscary since we won’t be safe no matter what. We will continue putting out a distress signal to anyone who can hear us so we can at least get you all off this doomed ship, but it’s extremely likely Oscary is going to be sending more ships after us trying to jam our signals and gun us down. Our potion seller can certainly destroy anything that tries to attack us, but the enemy will still be getting the first hit in at this rate and after enough first hits we might not still be in one piece.

The potion seller is working their hardest to find a means to cure this Rustblight in the meantime since land is quite a ways away. That said, I am still not going to try looking for a small island to land on no matter what you mutineers say, as I feel our odds of getting rescued are higher by taking this risk rather than touching down and isolating us from the rest of the world.

Lastly, it seems the Rustblight has finally reached the boiler room. The engineer has disconnected the room from the rest of the ship, but that means there is no more hot water available. The engineer is working his hardest on the bombed room so we can get the rest of you out of that isolated room as quickly as possible. If you see him, please don’t interrupt him.

Day 5:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we gottem. Algrenon Baguettefucker, the Bomber has successfully been brought to justice. That is, he was thrown overboard and died immediately on impact with the water below. Something probably ate his corpse but I’m not sure.

The mafia still doesn’t seem to be content with the current state of affairs and have killed off Sir Francis of Procshire. If only he had some potions he might have stood a chance. Oh well. Sir Francis was a Civilian.

In other news:

Dennis the engineer has repaired the damage to the ship, gathering halls are no longer split.

The potion seller has jpg-ed the Rustblight again, buying another day’s time. However, the strain on the ship caused by this interdimensional fuckery has caused what little was holding cargo bay 3 on to the ship to give up completely, and the entire cargo bay has fallen off the ship into the ocean below.

An Oscarian interceptor caught up with the ship last night, but Naomi the pilot successfully dodged their first volley. The potion seller blasted the enemy ship afterwards.

1 more day until the ship reaches land. Note that does not necessarily translate to safety yet.

Special night announcement:

Alright everyone listen up, here’s the situation:

We’re coming up on the mainland now and our signals are still being jammed. Most likely we’ve got some cloaked ship following us to prevent us from communicating and they’re hoping the Rustblight will do their job for them since the potion seller makes a head on attack foolhardy. It’s entirely possible that the potion seller could find them by looking around enough, but doing so would leave us defenseless against an attack so it’s not an option. So, here’s the plan:

We’re going to make a pass over the first city we find and head back to the ocean, since I still don’t want to risk anything coming into contact with this cursed ship. During that pass, Maximus and Tanner will parachute out of the ship and go looking for help on foot. It seems that this Matt person has crafted a makeshift parachute for all of you, and if you trust his handiwork you are welcome to jump out of the ship when our security team does. I want to stress though that I CANNOT guarantee your life if you attempt this, because I fully expect one or more cloaked Oscarian ships to open fire on everyone parachuting out of the ship once they’re isolated and defenseless. But I’ll leave it up to you to determine which is riskier, staying with us or jumping to safety.

Day 6:

Following instruction from a visitor from the future, the passengers have decided to throw Stella Clairvoya off the ship. And good thing too, because she was a Mafioso!. However, due to the recent windfall of parachuting equipment in preparation for the upcoming ship bailout, instead of waiting to be thrown off she grabbed the parachute, a life jacket, and some flotation devices and jumped out herself. What ultimately became of her may never be known.

No other activity from the mutineers tonight. Note that this is not because of any doctor heals, but because there was simply no attack to save anyone from.

Now, as predicted once people started jumping off the ship once it reached land instead of ocean, two cloaked Oscarian ships open fire on everyone who has decided to risk jumping out. The potion seller retaliates, but not after some deaths occur. Here are the results of the mass ship bailout:

Luna Knightly: survived
Joel Fuzzbutt: survived
The Invisible Man: survived
Derek Stringbean: nearly died, but the cannon shell burned up in holy flame
Chang Po Chow: died
Amelia Lankhurst: died

All six have been removed from the pool of players. All of them were Civilians except for Luna Knightly, the Medic. As for the NPCs, Tanner was killed but Maximus has survived. Maximus has gone off to get help ASAP.

The Rustblight has also finally reached Gathering Hall 1. The remaining crew successfully evacuated everyone before any harm was done. Everyone’s new room assignments can be seen on the map. The channel for Gathering Hall 1 can no longer be used.

Persona triggers and secrets

Abram Ahabraham:

This character is secretly one of the diplomats sent to the Oscary-Bilona conflict. If they survive and make it to Oscary, they will be kidnapped and replaced by an impostor.

This character must also get physically sick if they witness another character having fun.

Algrenon Baguettefucker:

This character must paint a picture each night phase and announce it in the following day phase. If they use the color red, they will find that their painting smells odd. If they use red again, they fill find that their red paint has been replaced with Spiceberry Paste.

Amelia Lankhurst

This character gets 1 point every time they sneer, loses 3 points every time someone mentions the sneering, and loses 10 points every time someone mentions they lost in a fight against a roomba. At the end of the game, if this character’s points total is above 0, they win. This character ended the game with a total of -9.

Chang Po Chow

This character is one of the assassins sent to kill all diplomats on the ship. They win if all diplomats are killed or otherwise permanently removed from the picture.

This character must also prioritize Luke Grimms, Daniel Wetwinkle, Skullbot 3000, and Karzug the Dragon King over their original targets.

Charles Gusteau

To create an Oscarian Sausage Roll, this character needs Puff Pastry, an Oscarian Sausage, and Spiceberry Paste. The paste is Algrenon’s red paint, the other two can either be given by Matt the snack man or simply picked up from the kitchen. Eating the sausage roll will cause one’s strength to triple for the rest of the phase and the next phase. Sausage roll boosts do not stack.

Chloe Yeet

This character is secretly one of the diplomats sent to the Oscary-Bilona conflict. If they survive and make it to Oscary, they will be kidnapped and replaced by an impostor.

Clark Stonewall

This character must also make at least one Star Wars prequel reference each phase or it will affect their behavior.

Derek Stringbean

If this character survives and makes it to Oscary, they will be kidnapped and replaced by an impostor.

Diana Sweetums

This character is a nuclear physicist and has been hired to assist in the creation of the Noirite bomb. They have no experience with or knowledge of Noirite, but their talents were deemed helpful in some fashion nonetheless. They are unaware of the details their contractor has in mind for them. Because of their field of study, they have a Hazmat Suit among their personal belongings. They are hesitant to allow anyone else to use it or even mention they have it.

Hunter Walker

If this character finds out about the Bilona assassins, all interest they have in finding the mutineers will be replaced with the desire to find the assassins.

Joel Fuzzbutt

This character must prioritize the well-being of their dog over other players. The dog can also understand any orders given to it within reason, as he is a very smart boy.

Kenneth Darkwood

This character is secretly a follower of Pthaloptulhu for real. They need the gold peach smoothie as it may give them powers necessary to perform a more obscure ritual from the book that could resurrect Pthaloptulhu.

Kobe Lastname

This character is one of the assassins sent to kill all diplomats on the ship. They win if all diplomats are killed or otherwise permanently removed from the picture.

Layla Antelope

Luna Knightly

If this character is killed, they will retaliate in such a way that exposes the presence of the Bilona assassins.

This character is also strong enough to handle the Potion Seller’s weaker potions and can purchase them.

Matt Dinglepratt

This character is smuggling a dangerously reactive and highly illegal material on board: Noirite. A high ranking Oscarian military leader plans to use the Noirite to create an extremely dangerous bomb to force the total unconditional surrender of Bilona, and is paying this character a great deal of money to bring it to them. This character’s belongings are in two identical unlabeled containers, one contains their own normal possessions, the other contains the Noirite. One is in cargo bay 3, the source of the Rustblight, the other is in cargo bay 2. The Noirite is inside cargo bay 3, and its box was damaged in a turbulent wind. The Noirite reacted with a Potion of Corrosion in the cargo bay, creating the Rustblight. The character does not want their smuggling activities discovered under any circumstances as they are not only definitely illegal, but their client will also execute them to remove evidence.

Also they cannot present an Oscarian Sausage Roll, Spiceberry Paste, or Gold Peach as one of their “always on hand snacks” unless another player explicitly gives them one.

Penelope Antelope

If this character is lynched, they will instead jump off the ship with their prototype flying machine and take their chances instead of facing the mob. They will also have the opportunity to ask Layla Antelope to jump with them. The flying machine will not glide far enough to reach land, but they will be saved by Karzug the Dragon King.

Scarlet Redflame

This character is secretly a demon from hell sent to find the greatest song in the world so they can take the artist back to hell and offer them a highly lucrative business deal. This character will transform back into a demon if they catch fire. They are immune to fire, and vulnerable to any holy powers Abram Ahabraham throws at them.

Scott Yornoze

Each night phase this character can purchase between 1 and 100 Triple Deluxe loot boxes for Time Sink: The Reckoning: Eclipse. The payout is randomly chosen, and the results may affect their behavior. Each box is worth $2, but a 20 pack only costs $39. The loot is determined by a roll between 1 and 7061:

Sir Francis of Procshire

Originally, this character’s secret was that they would swear to kill the Potion Seller no matter what once it’s revealed that a Potion of Corrosion is the source of the Rustblight due to their unhelpful relationship so far. However, Orsome not only didn’t quite have that kind of relationship with the Potion Seller in the first place, they had also just witnessed an angry Potion Seller delete an entire british battleship out of existence. So instead I changed it to:

If this character drinks 10 glasses of lemonade, which the Potion Seller refers to as “lemon potions”, the Potion Seller will deem them worthy enough of handling exactly one kind of potion: a lemon potion++.

Stella Clairvoya

Once each night phase this character can learn of another character’s secret. These revelations must be kept secret, but this ability doesn’t have to be kept secret. Over the course of the game, this character targeted Sir Francis (and got both versions), Hunter Walker, Penelope Antelope, The Invisible Man, and Chang Po Chow, in that order.

The Invisible Man

I’m going to hijack your post because I also want to fulfill the Future Layla Arc (if you’re confused, just join the server and search for the oldest hit of “L2” inside #gathering-hall-1):
After learning of the potion seller’s new potion, she requested to sneak it into her original timeline, effectively destroying the Rustblight before it would develop further. The exact point at which this occurs is left to interpretation.
Once this was done, she decided to stick around in this timeline, as she had no reason to stay within her original one anymore, even with the Rustblight “defeated”.
She now lives together with “current” Layla and Penelope.
Sometimes the current Layla steals her costume for bonus shenanigans.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.