Realmafia Round 11: [Mafia Wins!]

laserquest #4068
I understand that the medic and deputy now get to act every turn instead of every other turn, but they now only move on the first 4 turns of the game. Beyond that, they are powerless

UnderTimes#3244

“I understand that the medic and deputy now get to act every turn instead of every other turn, but they now only move on the first 4 turns of the game. Beyond that, they are powerless.”

Time to get off the host seat and join another game. The blob is fully sentient now.

First sign-up since round 2 :crab: @ Mrunibro#4022

defiant “paste”

do I join @windowsHD#5166

the roster is full! the game will be beginning shortly.

if you haven’t joined the server yet, join!: https://discord.gg/FnP5XUz

edit: the game has started!

rip.

well your words failed. zuzu was

Indeed- watch he’s mafia

The game is over, but unlike all 10 other games the final day vote has ended in a tie. So there’s one final bit of business left to wrap up before I can reveal the results of the game:

TROLLDLLR vs. Ruby:

Rock : Scissors TROLLDLLR wins
Scissors : Scissors Tie
Paper : Scissors Ruby wins
Paper : Paper Tie
Scissors : Rock Ruby wins

TROLLDLLR narrowly lost the RPS tiebreaker and was lynched. He was merely a Civilian. Following the death of TROLLDLLLR, the mafia killed Lain the Mimic during the following night. While Darkawaiii the Hobo may have been invisible during the night, they were unfortunately very visible during the day and were finished off by Ruby, the final Mafioso.

The mafia wins this game! And personally I’m a bit proud of them considering the roadblocks they had to overcome in order to actually turn this around. Very well done! There were several unfortunate occurrences this game that are worth mentioning though. One in particular I’m extremely disappointed about, and I guess I promised I’d explain it post-game so here I am. WunderWafe the Don ended up being a highly negative influence on the game, especially towards his mafia teammates. Sound familiar? Some of the older players may remember I had a similar experience with a horrendously pushy, toxic, and aggressive teammate who genuinely had it out for me, and similar to WunderWafe they defended their stance by claiming their teammates were playing poorly anyway and blamed them for the mess they now found themselves in. I swore I would never let this happen again, and yet I almost did for a couple of reasons: 1) WunderWafe is a long-standing realmafia veteran, I wanted to believe he was a good person and that he was better than this. 2) Lain the mimic ID’d WunderWafe as the Don on night 2, so I was hoping the issue would resolve itself without having to resort to game-changing host intervention. Unfortunately Lain decided to sit on his info for a couple more days, only calling out WunderWafe on day 5. In response to being called out though, WunderWafe did his usual defense-fit like he normally does but then ended up quitting the game entirely. This not only undermined literally everything he had just said as quitting wouldn’t trigger his post-mortem Don ID cloak, but it also seriously screwed over his mafia teammates by losing a member for free without having to use a daily lynch to do so. So yeah, WunderWafe’s not coming back, sorry.

The joyful funtimes don’t stop there either. At the end of the very same phase, with literally 7 minutes left to go in the phase, CandyShi pulls out the biggest BS move I have ever seen and also quits the game entirely while the majority vote is on his head. To make it even worse, the vote-counting bot broke as a result of him leaving the server (something I didn’t see coming because it handled WunderWafe quitting just fine). This ruined everything because there was little to no time to fix it. I was extremely stressed out trying to figure out what was going on in an extremely short time frame. This stress actually led me to make a big mistake when trying to set up the tiebreaker for the resulting vote count. Seelpit the Blocker was tied up against Four, who was just a Civilian. As per the rules of the RPS tiebreaker, Seelpit was not allowed to confer with her teammates about what her throws should be, and so I added a note into the message reminding her of this. But then I accidentally left that reminder in when I copy+pasted it for Four, essentially confirming Seelpit’s guiltiness. Had Four won the tie, it wouldn’t have mattered, but he lost. Fortunately, Four offered to be denied the ability to be resurrected via the Gravedigger, so this information he shouldn’t have been given wouldn’t affect anything (very helpful so again, thank you). This actually came up the next night when Literature tried resurrecting Four, and I made him pick someone else and then keep quiet about the failed rez. And that’s the real reason why Mrunibro was brought back on day 6!

This “summary” is running a bit long just from those two highly regrettable incidents, so I won’t go into much detail about how the game actually played out. Let’s just say there were a bunch of dumb moves on both sides (as always) and in the end the mafia narrowly secured victory on the last turn. Again, well done!

Game Summary:

All special roles Revealed

Mafia Team:

1. WunderWafe: Don
  2. Seelpit: Blocker
  3. Zuzu: Slow Killer
  4. ThatsMyJam: Psychopath (yes, again)
  5. iExisted: Mafioso
  6. Ruby: Mafioso

Nexus Team:

1. Curlip: Sheriff
  2. WindowsHD: Deputy
  3. Zephusss: Doctor
  4. Trensient: Medic
  5. Darkawaiii: Hobo
  6. Literature: Gravedigger
  7. SoloSen: Vigilante
  8. Lain: Mimic
Daily Summary of Events

Town Lynches:
Day 1: Heteraabd
Day 2: Zuzu
Day 3: Airships
Day 4: YesButNo (tied with Seelpit)
Day 5: Four (tied with Seelpit)
Day 6: ThatsMyJam
Day 7: Curlip
Day 8: Seelpit (finally)
Day 9: iExisted
Day 10: HcomLogic
Day 11: EnderTimes
Day 12: TROLLDLLR (tied with Ruby)

Curlip’s investigations:
Night 1: CandyShi
Night 2: Geo
Night 3: Literature
Night 4: Mrunibro
Night 5: Zephusss
Night 6: Endertimes

WindowsHD’s investigations:
Night 1: Zuzu
Night 2: Endertimes (blocked)
Night 3 Seelpit (blocked)
Night 4: Mrunibro (blocked)

Zephusss’ heals:
Night 1: Curlip
Night 2: WindowsHD
Night 3: WindowsHD
Night 4: HcomLogic
Night 5: iExisted
Night 6: HcomLogic (blocked)
Night 7: Geo
Night 8: Geo

Trensient’s heals:
Night 1: Geo (blocked)
Night 2: WunderWafe

Darkawaiii’s sleep schedule:
Night 1: WindowsHD
Night 2: TROLLDLLR
Night 3: Literature
Night 4: Laserquest
Night 5: Cewz
Night 6: Curlip
Night 7: Seelpit
Night 8: Ruby
Night 9: Ruby
Night 10: Ruby
Night 11: Ruby

Literature’s digs:
Night 3: HorusKane
Night 4: Ludfru
Night 6: Mrunibro

SoloSen’s kills:
Night 3: RareMeat
Night 6: Cewz

Lain’s powers:
Night 2: WunderWafe (investigation)
Night 3: Geo (investigation)
Night 4: Four (heal)
Night 7: Geo (heal)

Mafia kills:
Night 1: HorusKane
Night 2: Trensient
Night 3: Ludfru
Night 4: Mrunibro
Night 5: Laserquest
Night 6: WindowsHD
Night 7: RyanYoon
Night 8: Zephusss
Night 9: SoloSen
Night 10: Literature
Night 11: Geo
Night 12: Lain

Seelpits blocks:
Night 1: Trensient
Night 2: WindowsHD
Night 3: WindowsHD
Night 4: WindowsHD
Night 5: Darkawaiii
Night 6: Zephusss
Night 7: TROLLDLLR

Death Reports

Day 1:

After the usual meet and greet of the new town inhabitants, an eerie lull fell over the town as no one could really figure out what to do next. Several conversations resembling “what do you want to do” “I don’t know what do you want to do” “I don’t know what do you want to do” were heard over the course of the day. A few attempts to rile the citizens into action action were made, but were immediately met with resentment. Suddenly at the last minute, everyone somehow decided to kill Heteraabd. There wasn’t anything really to it, so it really shouldn’t be a surprise that Heteraabd was just a Civilian again.

Unlike the innocent population, the mafia seems to know exactly what they want to do. HorusKane the vape-oreon was killed during the night. The citizens weren’t entirely sure how it happened, but they suspect it had something to do with the sheer volume of weed found in his house that definitely wasn’t there before. Something about the grass-type being strong against the water-type perhaps? HorusKane was a Civilian.

Day 2:

The day went about as normally as the second day normally goes for the town, a little discussion here and there with a few halfhearted votes. But at the last possible minute, a sudden laserlike focus on Zuzu manifested itself and he suddenly found himself on the “not-so-safe” side of a very enraged mob of people. However, Zuzu wasn’t about to take this laying down: he pulled a hand-crafted trap out of his pocket and flung it mob-ward in an attempt to fend them off. Zuzu really was the Slow Killer! Unfortunately for him, the trap was deflected by facts and logic, and he was run over anyway.

Trensient thought he’d have escaped the consequences of his ear taunt from the past, but unfortunately for him the mafia are still a bunch of ear fetishists who would really like him to follow up on that. He was killed slowly and gently, so that his ear could be applied to the asses of the mafia in his final moments. They probably went to town on his lobes after he died too, the depraved savages. Poor Trensient was the Medic, leaving the town with less protection than before.

Day 3:

Lost amid the confusion and unable to decide on much of anything, the town spent most of the day flinging half-hearted votes at each other while sitting around in a stupefied daze. Suddenly they hear a sound they haven’t heard before: “I want to die”. They looked around and discovered that the strange sound came from Airships, who was promptly put to death. Surely only a mafia scumbag would be capable of emitting such a bizarre noise! Airships was a Civilian.

In the morning, poor Ludfru was found dead in the center of town square with all of his muppety stuffing ripped out. On the ground around him was the following, written in blood: “GOD IS DEAD. WE KILLED HIM. SURRENDER NOW.” Considering that muppets don’t have any blood, the question of “whose blood is this?” was immediately raised. Extensive testing was run on the bloody writing, but the only result that could be determined was that it really was Ludfru’s. Muppet biology is weird. Ludfru was a Civilian, but don’t worry! You still have Big Brother, and I am above god

The bloodshed doesn’t end there actually, RareMeat was also found dead in the morning. He was found with a knife in his back, a chunk of meat missing from his body, and a note that read “not rare enough. I like ‘em real rare.” The Vigilante has struck! RareMeat was only a Civilian though.

But wait there’s more! HorusKane has been brought back from the dead! Say hi!

Day 4:

RPS Results:

Seelpit vs YesButNo:

Paper : Rock Seelpit wins
Scissors : Rock YesButNo wins
Rock : Rock Tie

YesButNo lost the contest, but only just barely. Because of the highly confused nature of the last-minute vote changes, the townspeople weren’t actually sure what to expect from this lynch. Before having him hanged for his, er, “crimes” I suppose, he was asked “Do you have any last words?” To which he responded with: “Well yes, but actually no.” YesButNo was a Civilian. Also Seelpit is no longer tied up in my “special chest” and has been set free.

During the night, the mafia accidentally let loose a bear from the local zoo. It immediately went on a rampage and found the perfect thing to sate its terrible hunger: honey! And the best place to find it? Mrunibro’s nest! An army of bee defenders was summoned to protect their lord, but it was all for naught. Mrunibro was killed in the incident because he just happened to be sleeping in between the bear and the honey. Mrunibro was a Civilian.

In other news, HorusKane has returned to the land of the dead, but Ludfru has been brought back for today!

Day 5:

RPS Results:

Seelpit vs Four:

Scissors : Rock Four wins
Rock : Scissors Seelpit wins

Like the great hero YesButNo before him, Four copied his master’s perfect strategy save for one alteration to enhance its glorious perfection. However, Four failed to take into account that YesButNo lost, and he was destroyed by the currently undisputed RPS champion, Seelpit. Before getting lynched though, he made absolutely triply 100% sure he had his socks on before getting hung. Four was a Civilian.

Laserquest was quietly sitting alone in his house, minding his own business, when he suddenly got a severe case of mafia-induced dead. No one noticed at first because of how quiet he had been this entire time, so no one was around to administer the cure. Poor Laserquest was a Civilian.

Day 6:

The nexus experienced an abnormally quiet day today, the only thing that really occurred was a whole bunch of nothing. Yet, somehow there was just barely enough interest to rile up a “mob” of people large enough to lynch ThatsMyJam. They were unable to determine his identity from the body, so they went on to ransack his house for clues. Inside a suspiciously plain box labeled “CBT” was found a large pile of explosives. ThatMyJam was the Psychopath. (yes, again. Seriously. Not making this up.)

During the night, everyone’s computers suddenly encountered the infamous “blue screen of death”. This must unfortunately mean that WindowsHD has been killed, so your computers aren’t going to work so good from here on out (unless you’re a mac or linux user like a smart person). WindowsHD was the Deputy, and the town was unable to recover his list of investigations due to a hard drive failure.

In an attempt to avenge Mrunibro from the bear, The vigilante has once again taken things into their own hands. Cewz was slain because he’s a bear. Unfortunately Cewz was only a Civilian and was not involved in the bear incident.

Perhaps in response to the vigilante’s valiant attempt at revenge, a violent stirring from the remains of Mrunibro’s bee nest has revealed that there’s actually a lot more bees where those came from. The bee lord has returned to grace us with his presence once more!

Day 7:

As the day came to a close, dark clouds rolled in from the east, and an ominous tension filled the remaining citizens of the nexus. The angry mob descended upon Curlip, surely he must be responsible for this unsettling omen. Well, they were sort of right. Curlip was unable to tell them of the horrible terrible mistake they were about to make because he was still asleep. However, after his lifeless body hit the ground, the citizens suddenly spotted a badge hidden under his cloak and knew exactly what they just did. Curlip was the Sheriff.

During the night, RyanYoon was killed. I seriously can’t write up an interesting blurb for this, I’m just as confused as you guys are. RyanYoon was a Civilian.

Day 8:

The town knew this time they couldn’t let Seelpit get into another tie, her RPS skills were truly unrivaled. Instead, this time they managed to secure a solid majority vote and selected for lynching. As she was being tied up and carried off to the gallows, she thought to herself “HA! Jokes on them, I’ve already been in this situation!”. Unlike myself however, the angry mob actually did wish significant harm upon her, and she was killed. The town was unable to determine her identity at first, because all of her belongings were buried deep within a truly obscene amount of… explicit material, of various kinds. After digging through the gigantic pile of questionable imagery, they uncovered one important artifact: a shield! Seelpit was the Blocker this entire time!

During the night, Zephusss was killed. Perhaps the mafia wanted some duck but couldn’t get at Orsome? There wasn’t anything missing from the body though, he was just dead. There were several unpleasant notes left behind at the scene, but most of them were illegible. The one that was readable though read “couldn’t protect anyone before, now you definitely can’t >:D”. Zephusss was the Doctor, sadly.

Day 9:

Today the town has decided to lynch iExisted for reasons I’m actually a bit unsure of, but that’s been true of the majority of decisions made this game so what else is new? The angry mob politely knocked on the door, asked if iExisted would be cool with a casual beheading, and then lopped off his head right there. Way to live up to your name, dude. Despite the perfectly rational and civil nature of his beheading, iExisted was actually a Mafioso! Only one more to go!

Solosen, also true to his name, was killed alone. He didn’t need friends! He had knives! … except he was all out of knives too. He had used them to kill RareMeat and Cewz already. This of course, means that SoloSen was the Vigilante, and a knifeless vigilante isn’t any better protected than an ordinary civilian.

Day 10:

The few remaining players have decided that they’ve had enough of HcomLogic’s logic (or lack thereof), and yeeted him out of this plane. Because I don’t like permitting extra-dimensional movement in these sorts of games, I have returned him back to your own dimension, only now he’s dead. I’m sorry. HcomLogic was a Civilian.

The mafia is on edge this late in the game, and to regain the upper hand they have decided that they need some more information. After all, knowledge is power! And the best place to get it? In books! Incidentally, we also have a player named Literature, who was killed during the night. It’s possible that he was killed to satisfy the mafia’s insatiable thirst for knowledge, but that’s difficult to determine since Literature isn’t exactly a book. Literature was actually the Gravedigger, so books aren’t exactly his area of expertise anyway.

Day 11:

Endertimes has claimed time and time again that he doesn’t mind death, and that lynching him won’t be any worse than killing an ordinary civilian. Now, the town has finally decided to get their act together and knock him out of the group. Turns out he wasn’t lying! Endertimes was a Civilian.

During the night, a thunderous explosion suddenly awoke everyone from sleep. Everyone looked around trying to find what just got blown up, but they couldn’t find anything. Instead, someone discovered a gigantic cannon aimed upward at the sky, and that Geo was missing. It seems the explosion wasn’t actually anything being destroyed, but instead that Geo was launched into space once again. Poor guy thought he could escape his destiny. Geo was a Civilian.

And that is that! As for what’s next, I jokingly stated a while back that game 12 would open for signups on exactly September 21st. However, given the low level of engagement in this game as people are busy trying to readjust to school schedules, I’m unsure I want to host the next one so soon. So here’s what I’m going to do: sometime around September 21st I’m going to put up a poll on the server to gauge everyone’s level of interest in starting a new game once we actually get to that point. If there isn’t enough interest (and I suspect there won’t be), then the new game will be postponed to mid-October. There will be a game for sure in October if we don’t do one in September. If you’d like to weigh in on the decision, make sure you’re on the server! There’s a couple new roles I’ll be asking about too, so if you’re interested in joining future games it’s definitely to your advantage to join now instead of waiting around for me to make a new signup post.

In the meantime, some of us play Cards against Humanity from time to time on the server if you’re interested (though idk how often we’ll get around to doing it), and HorusKane wanted to create a minecraft server for us so there’s that too.

party rock is in the ho

‘‘names doesnt matter’’

im confused i thought ruby was not maf like in his name?

this happened like 3 times

Well, you guys now know not to push me to RPS lol

Will be looking forward to next game

leaving it up to RPS was stupid and boring smh

I just want to clarify something: me leaving wasn’t some “BS tactic” that I came up with. It was purely because Four’s argument for hanging me was based on calling everything in my life a lie. I’m going to be honest, I used to be one of the more aggressive players, and I definitely made people feel like they wanted to quit. However, I draw the line at using IRL attacks to justify a lynch. I called Four out on his BS by offering to post my medical thingamabob that my mom keeps in a safe, and Four actually said yes to that. I’m not willing to have my entire life’s scrutinized and discarded for a “casual” game, and while I accept my role in making the game less casual I never went this far.

TL;DR I left because Four was attacking my IRL problems, and I don’t want to deal with his BS ever again. This is a casual game, dying and losing is ok, but don’t attack people personally when you’re playing the game.

Oh hey, we won. Sweet.

:pepecry:

What the heck? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:weary::ok_hand: