Realmafia Round 6 [MAFIA GOT REKT]

lessepicbanner

wait wot:

Anyway, I promised something in about 2 weeks, and so now I shall deliver. This round of realmafia will be a bigger game than the one before, upping the player count to 30 and including all 15 roles (more like 13 since standard mafioso and basic civilian aren’t very special).

A brief rundown of the rules, courtesy of me copying me copying toast:

It’s a battle of wits between the innocent denizens of the Nexus (civilians) and the defectors to Oryx’s legions (Mafia)! The only thing stopping you from gunning down the traitors like everything else in RotMG is… well, you don’t know who’s who! The civilians win when all Mafia are successfully eliminated, while the Mafia win once they outnumber or match the amount of living civilians. Approximately 20% of the cast is loyal to Oryx, though the exact number of Mafia players will not be made known. Note that this is different from Toast’s established 25%.

When the game begins, every player will be privately informed of their randomly decided role. You know the truth about yourself, but unless you’re in the Mafia, everyone else is not necessarily trustworthy. It’s a game about uncertainty and the ability to convince others of your arguments and reasoning.

This should really go without saying, but it is forbidden to share proof of private host messages to confirm your role with anyone else, even non-players. There are no prizes for winning, this is all just for fun, so I ask that all players keep with the spirit of the game and not defeat the purpose of it. You are completely free to declare yourself as any role (regardless of whether or not it’s true) with a statement like “I am the Doctor,” but you are not allowed to definitively prove it with information outside of the game mechanics.

In each Day phase, all living players can publicly share their suspicions and vote against someone with the idea being to vote out a Mafia member. The Mafia members participate in these debates as well, except their intent is to convince others of voting out innocent people instead of themselves. The person with the most votes by the end of the phase will be executed/lynched and removed from the game. If the votes result in a tie, then the tied players will typically either guess a number or do Rock Paper Scissors during the following Night phase.

In each Night phase, players will not be able to speak in the public channel. During this phase, the Mafia team selects one person to assassinate during the night, and each special innocent role will choose who to use their abilities on during the night. This phase lasts until all parties have made their decisions, within reason.

You can choose not to vote (abstain) and change your vote as much as you’d like until the given deadline. If any player goes without posting for too long (two in-game phases), they’ll get the inactivity boot, which will occur alongside the majority vote. NOTE THAT THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN IN PREVIOUS ROUNDS. in other rounds of realmafia inactivity kicks replaced the vote. Keeping relatively quiet is a valid strategy, but you must at least meet this minimum threshold of participation.

Any murders by the Mafia and executions by majority vote will be noted at the start of the following Day phase, with the roles of the dead revealed. Innocent special roles like the Doctor are often who the Mafia want gone the most. Dead players and folks who never joined cannot vote or try swaying people’s votes. There will be a spectator room on the Discord server that players cannot see, but these spectators should not privately contact players about the game, whether that be through Discord PMs, being a part of another server that they are in, or talking in RotMG itself.

And now for the much lengthier list of roles

Nexus Team Roles:

Warrior
Warrior (Civilian)
This is the most basic role. They have no powers and are on the Nexus team. Despite having no special abilities, they are the most common role and therefore have the most power in the daily voting. They must determine if they are on the right track or being misled on their own.

Priest
Priest (Doctor)
The Doctor is on the Nexus team, they have the power to defend anyone of their choosing from a mafia kill during the night. If the protected player is targeted by the mafia, they won’t die and it will be announced in the morning.

Mystic
Mystic (Sheriff)
The Sheriff is on the Nexus team. Every night, the sheriff secretly learns the true identity of anyone of their choosing. This is extremely useful because it can potentially expose any mafioso posing as a civilian, but the Sheriff must be careful in the timing and wording of their revelations. Most returning players are probably familiar with "I’M THE SHERIFF" to know what I’m talking about.

Paladin
Paladin (Medic)

The Medic is on the Nexus team, and serves a similar role as the Doctor. On even-numbered turns, the Medic can protect someone from a potential mafia kill just like the Doctor. On top of this, the Medic and Doctor start the game with their own private channel to speak with each other outside of the main text channel. This lets the two know for certain who the other one is, and how to efficiently handle the healing duties.

Sorcerer
Sorcerer (DEPUTY)

Toast introduced the Sorcerer as a “Restless Spirit” role in round 4, yet it proved to be mostly useless. This time around the Sorcerer takes on a new role, the Deputy. The Deputy is essentially the Sheriff’s Medic role, the Deputy gets an investigation every other turn. The Deputy and Sheriff know who each other are from the beginning, but unlike the Doc/Medic team they do not get a private speaking channel. They keep their own notes, meaning that if one dies the other one can’t just dump their partner’s data for them.

Necromancer
Necromancer (Gravedigger)

The Gravedigger can bring a dead player back to life for one turn. The resurrected player can speak in #nexus like any other living player, but they cannot cast votes. Resurrected players are also unable to communicate back and forth with other dead players while alive, they are cut off from #undead-lair just like the other living players. The Gravedigger can use this ability up to 3 times throughout the game. It’s important to note that this power can only be used on Civilians.

Wizard
Wizard (Mimic)

The Mimic is the most versatile role, but also more limited than others. The Mimic can investigate roles like the Sheriff and heal others like the Doctor, but only up to 2 times each. The Mimic can also only use one power per turn, so they cannot heal and investigate at the same time. If the Gravedigger is killed before they can use their power, the Mimic gains the ability to resurrect a player once. This one-time resurrection can also only be used on Civilians.

Rogue
Rogue (Vigilante)

The Vigilante requires a great deal of discretion to be used effectively. The Vigilante can kill any one player of their choosing during the night, and doesn’t have to clear this decision with anyone else. This power can dramatically alter the course of the game for either team, so the Vigilante must choose carefully or they may sway the game in favor of the Mafia. This power can be used 2 times.

Samurai
Samurai (Vindicator)

The Vindicator can save a person from the daily lynching, preventing their death just like the Doctor or Medic would for a Mafia kill. Similar to the Vigilante, the Vindicator can sway the game in either direction. It’s handy to have someone capable of saving an innocent slated for execution, but this power can also be used to cover mafiosos. The Vindicator must choose carefully. This power can be used once, and it cannot be used on themselves.

Mafia Team Roles:

Assassin
Assassin (Mafioso)

Basic Mafia team member. Technically they have no special powers, but they work together in a private channel with their comrades and choose one person to assassinate during the night each turn. The game ends if the Mafia team members equal or outnumber the Nexus team members, or if all Mafia team members are killed.

Ninja
Ninja (Psychopath)

Everyone’s favorite confusingly complicated mafia role that no one can ever keep straight! The Psychopath acts as a suicide bomber, activating his ability kills both himself and anyone of his choosing. Here’s the tricky part that makes the Psychopath so confusing and dangerous: if he chooses any special role that visits someone else during the night then the explosion kills both the intended target and the person the target was visiting . Psychopath bombs also bypass the healing effects of the Doctor and Medic.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: in previous games the Psychopath would also kill any special roles that also visited the target, so if the bomb hit a civilian and the doctor was protecting them, the bomb would still kill the doctor despite targeting a civilian. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE. the bomb will only hit other players if the target is a special role visiting someone else, NOT if the target is visited by another role.

Knight
Knight (Blocker)

The Blocker acts on the Mafia team. Each night he chooses a person to block, and that person’s special abilities are disabled for the night phase. However, no notification is sent to either the blocker or the public channel that a block successfully blocked someone capable of doing anything that can be blocked. The target of the block will be notified that they were blocked and if they were a role that could be blocked.

Trickster
Trickster (Don)

Like it or hate it, the Don role is back. The last game was the first game that the civilians won, but it was also the first game in which the Don was not present. Coincidence? Time to find out. The Don’s ability is uniquely passive, they behave no different from a normal Mafioso until they are killed. Once the Don is killed however, they are identified as a Civilian in the death report instead of a mafia team role. Their true identity will be revealed after 2 turns have passed, but until then it will appear as if they had been innocent all along.

Huntress
Huntress (Slow Killer)

The Slow Killer’s ability is similar to the Psychopath’s, only they’re smart enough to set a timer on their trap. The Slow Killer can choose to place a trap on any player during the game, and the trap will kill that player on the next turn. The Slow Killer’s trap does not hit other players for collateral damage like the Psychopath, and if the trapped player is healed by the Doctor, Medic, or Mimic before it goes off, the trap will be disabled. On the plus side, the Slow Killer doesn’t kill themselves with their trap. If the Slow Killer’s trap is disabled, the Slow Killer recovers the trap and can set it again. The Slow Killer will also recover the trap if the trapped player is lynched before the trap goes off. Regardless of how the Slow Killer recovers their trap, they can only recover it once.

Archer
Archer (Sniper)

The Sniper’s possesses the ability to kill their target instantly, without leaving an opportunity for them to get healed. Unlike the Psychopath and Huntress however, the Sniper’s ability does not earn the mafia team extra kills, they instead modify the mafia’s regular nightly assassinations. Additionally, this power can only be used twice. When they use their power the mafia’s chosen target is denied any potential healing, so it’s important that the mafia save this power for targets they expect to be healed.

Once again, the game will be played on the Realmafia Discord server, I’ll share the invite link once everyone’s signed up and things are in place. Here’s a quick rundown of the server:

#rules will have a link to this thread if you forget the rules and/or need to refer to something

#announcements will be where I post the results from the night phases and daily lynchings, as well as the deadline to act before the end of the current day phase.

#player-status shows a list of all players, whether they’re alive or dead, and what their role was if they’re dead.

#nexus is the primary chat channel. debates, arguments, and discussions take place here. Everyone on the server can see the channel, but only living players can speak in it. dead players and spectators cannot speak in this channel to sway the discussion.

#lynch-voting is where you’ll officially declare you votes to avoid having them buried in the nexus channel. do not speak in this channel unless you’re actually declaring or removing an official vote.

#off-topic is where for casual chat not relevant to the game. try not to seriously discuss the game in the channel to keep it clean.

#peanut-gallery is for spectators. everyone will be able to join the server regardless of whether or not they signed up, but only players will be able to speak in the game channels. if you want to watch the game, this is where you can comment or share theories with other spectators. players cannot see this channel at all, regardless of whether they’re dead or not.

#undead-lair is for players who are dead. similar to spectators, they can see the game channels, but can only speak in their designated channel. dead players still cannot see the peanut gallery

Sign-ups

This round will have 30 players instead of the 25 in Round 5. We will also be having some guests from the official Surviv discord (hence the title), thanks to EpicNecros. Say hi!

Between this and some pre-admission of long-standing veterans, many spots are filled already. Not to worry! There are still seats open, and some players did reject entry and will not be participating.

Once again, signups are not exactly first-come-first-served. Players who have been unhelpful in the past are unlikely to be re-accepted, and active players are more likely to be accepted than inactive players. Don’t let this discourage you from applying though, 'cuz I said the same thing last time and I ended up just throwing the first X number of people who replied onto the list anyway. When you do enter, please include your discord name and ID number, even if you think I have it already. It makes thing clearer and also reminds others to include theirs as well.

Current Roster:

1. EpicNecros
  2. CandyShi
  3. WunderWafe
  4. Orsome
  5. SoloSen
  6. Ludfru
  7. Trensient
  8. Atrapper
  9. AKLDragon
  10. Piggesfar
  11. SirSpud
  12. Niegil
  13. GGaodzilla
  14. Literature
  15. Zephusss
  16. HorusKane
  17. Lain
  18. ThatsMyJam
  19. InfamousX
  20. Seelpit
  21. EnderTimes
  22. ArexRew

1. Moyai
  2. Chisel
  3. Oofer
  4. Jaiike
  5. Eyyy
  6. TheAmazinDot
  7. TriggerMaster
  8. Hatsune Blake

(the guys grouped at the bottom are from Surviv, if that wasn’t clear for some reason)

You’ll notice Toastrz is not on the list. Too bad! Looks like you won’t be getting a shot at killing him this time. At least we got a crab rave video out of him instead of getting revenge last time.

Discord Invite Link: https://discord.gg/xScGQcB

This is my first post in one of these threads.

sign me up please

if toastrz says he saw this post that means he’s blind

I saw that.

but are you just saying that because you can or do you want in? :thinking:

i would like in; i’m already in discord. if someone else eagerly wants to play instead of me, i’ll gladly sub out.

invite

Oh yes yes sign me up, Big Zephy#5834 if you forgot.

Sign me up: sadfahlsdj#7426

Ooh yes I love surviv

yes i sure want to participate

Sign me up OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
You got my discord already right

InfamousX#4276
Why not? Invite me my person

is this town of salem, but for RotMG?

AYY I FOUND THE POST BEFORE IT GOT CLOSED!

finally

sign me up so I can get another maf win ez

sign me up chennitoa #8567

NIce to see I’m already signed up, thanks @Xaklor!

Having a few new faces join us will be fun

Also, I continue my 5 game streak of never (officially) being lynched or killed by maf.
That’s right, i have made it to the very end of every game I have played.
lets not change it this time

sign me the frick up
y’alls are gunna GET IT

Sign me up (you already have my discord)