Realmafia Round 8 [Civilians "won"]

Aw looks like i missed again :frowning:

@Niegil and @Ancienther still have not joined the server. you two aren’t the only reason we haven’t started yet but I’m reminding you anyway.

oops i forgot to put the thread on watching

I just joined

@ArexRew read discord plox I know you’ve been around on the forum

the game has finally started! if you’d like to watch and aren’t on the server yet, feel free to join!

oops

smh Arex making newer players break rules

boi

The game is over and the Civilian faction has won yet again! This officially ties the score across all Realmafia games at 4:4!

It certainly didn’t look like it would end this way to begin with though, the mafia had a really strong lead for once. They racked up several special role kills very early on, and also killed a few key vocal players. As a result, the town went into an inactive lull, although not quite like any other in my games or in the Toastrz games. There was plenty of talking and discussion, but no lynches were made for 2 phases in a row for some reason. Everything was taking shape to end the game in the well-known pitiful inactive civilian death we all used to know from the Toastrz era, but the the mafia just sort of… messed up. Hard. ThatsMyJam made an ingenious ploy to play the clueless as ever Trensient like a cheap fiddle by claiming Sheriff through Trensient’s cipher, but failed to take into account that I did not include a Deputy role this game. He claimed that his mafia buddy Four was the Deputy (since the Sheriff is made known of the Deputy’s identity), and somehow Trensient bought the story. But once Trensient slipped up and mentioned that he was in contact with the “Sheriff”, the gaping abyssal hole in ThatsMyJam’s story suddenly became all too apparent and condemned both of the mafia members to a speedy death. Shortly after the two of them were put to death, NubieDubie posted a rule-breaking screenshot in the public channel (it was Trensient’s Informant message sent to ThatsMyJam). This would normally have qualified him for an auto-game kick, but it turns out he wasn’t actually alone in this illegal mishap. He was instructed to do so by yet another mafia member, ArexRew. This warranted yet another double mafia kill leaving poor EpicNecros all alone as the other 4 either screwed themselves over or got screwed over by their buddies. And unfortunately for EpicNecros, he just happened to be the next and final lynch target after that mess got sorted out somehow.

Even though the mafia just sort of rolled over dead, I would like to touch on a few noteworthy achievements made by the remaining innocent special roles. As part of debunking ThatsMyJam’s hold on the hapless Trensient, the real Sheriff RareMeat made his reveal. RareMeat made some key revelations courtesy of his investigative powers, including the role reveal of NubieDubie (though Nubie was later kicked anyway for the screenshot issue). However, normally role revealing as Sheriff is instant death from the mafia, especially when there’s a Sniper in play. Zuzu and EnderTimes as the Doctor/Medic along with Seelpit the bodyguard all correctly guessed how the mafia would attempt to handle the exposed Sheriff. The mafia at first did not use their Sniper’s ability since they predicted the Bodyguard would block the shot regardless. Seelpit anticipated this and did not protect RareMeat night 4, allowing the Doc/Medic team to handle the protection without sacrifice. The following night the mafia did try to use their Sniper arrow, and Seelpit then stepped in to protect RareMeat and buy him yet another day of survival. And by that point ArexRew the Sniper was lynched/banned which removed the mafia’s ability to bypass Zuzu’s and EnderTime’s heals, essentially securing the Sheriff for the remainder of the game.

Despite the high points and the clever innocent special roles, the inactive start to this game was a bit disheartening. Especially the absolutely disgraceful display that Ancienther put on despite being given the Guill role. He made it through 4 days in the game without making any substantial contribution, and was even warned for an inactivity kick twice. I have a few ideas to tighten down activity requirements in the future to prevent this, I’ll probably ask for your opinions on some of them later.

Anyway, in summary:
Read the rules before playing next time!

Game Summary:

All special roles revealed

Mafia Team:
ThatsMyJam: Blocker
EpicNecros: Don
ArexRew: Sniper
Four: Mafioso
NubieDubie: Mafioso

Nexus Team:
Zuzu: Doctor
EnderTimes: Medic
RareMeat: Sheriff
Trensient: Informant
Akram: Hobo
Ancienther: Guill
Seelpit: Bodyguard
HorusKane: Gravedigger

Daily summary of events

Town lynches:
Day 1: Serapis
Day 2: No one
Day 3: No one
Day 4: ThatsMyJam
Day 5: Four
Day 6: ArexRew
Day 7: EpicNecros

Zuzu’s heals:
Night 1: EnderTimes
Night 2: Seelpit
Night 3: Trensient
Night 4: Curlip
Night 5: RareMeat
Night 6: EnderTimes

EnderTimes’ heals:
Night 2: Zuzu
Night 4: RareMeat
Night 6: RareMeat

RareMeat’s investigations:
Night 1: Curlip
Night 2: SirSpud (blocked)
Night 3: Seelpit
Night 4: NubieDubie
Night 5: EnderTimes
Night 6: TROLLDLLR

Trensient’s messages:
Night 1: WunderWafe: “Will ping you in nexus using Vigenère cipher. Key: HOWDY. Use a online encrypter/decrypter for ease.”
Night 2: ThatsMyJam: “Will ping you in nexus using Vigenère cipher. Key: FISH. If I die tonight wunder may be maf.”
Night 3: NubieDubie: “maf is prob inactives since no lynches. Same cipher, key: GHDTBHLOPGAHJFL”
Night 4: Curlip: “cipher: Beaufort, the key will be the bee movie opening line with spaces and punctuation removed”
Night 5: Seelpit: “cipher: Beaufort, the key will be the bee movie opening line with spaces and punctuation removed”
Night 6: EnderTimes: “cipher: Beaufort, the key will be the bee movie opening line with spaces and punctuation removed”

Akram’s sleep schedule:
Night 1: WunderWafe
Night 2: WunderWafe

Seelpit’s protects:
Night 1: Niegil
Night 2: Trensient
Night 3: Trensient
Night 4: Trensient

Mafia assassinations:
Night 1: HorusKane
Night 2: WunderWafe
Night 3: Zephusss
Night 4: RareMeat
Night 6: AKLDragon

ArexRew’s arrows:

ThatsMyJam’s blocks:
Night 1: WunderWafe
Night 2: RareMeat
Night 3: TROLLDLLR

Death reports

Day 1:

Serapis has foolishly made the traditional beginner’s error, “guys we just have to kill someone” followed by the inevitable retort: “how about you then?”. Unfortunately everyone else has fallen for a less-obvious trap that’s been present in just about every game thus far, whoever meme-votes Niegil gets killed, but that person isn’t actually a mafia member! True to the tradition, Serapis was only a Civilian.

As per the usual in a game of mafia, the mafia has killed someone during the night! This time it’s HorusKane, once again. HorusKane was found dead at home with a broken neck. I’m sure that’s only a coincidence. HorusKane was a Civilian.

Day 2:

It seems the town has lost steam today, the vote requirement wasn’t even close to being met and so no one was lynched. Taking advantage of the situation, the mafia has decided to turn up the pressure. The mafia placed several Electrodes around WunderWafe’s home. It was only a matter of time before enough of them went off to put an end to our resident Blastoise. After all, Blastoise is weak to electricity. WunderWafe was a Civilian.

But wait! There’s something else here!

https://giphy.com/gifs/squirtle-jigglypuff-blastoise-VF2IvMiGAUet2

It seems Akram the Hobo was staying at WunderWafe’s house. He was also found dead at the scene. Moral of the story? You should choose who you sleep with very carefully.

Day 3:

Once again the town has failed to gather enough votes for a lynch. Perhaps they need a reminder of how this game works? First, your team takes a swing at the mafia team, then they take a swing at your team. If you don’t fight back then it’s just one team pulverizing the other, which isn’t much of a game.

Speaking of getting pulverized, Zephusss was thrown into a coal pulverizer. It was not pretty, cleaning up the mess was a long and grueling task. Zephusss was a Civilian.

Day 4:

The town is finally onto something, as ThatsMyJam has appeared to have made a grievous error. Shortly before execution, ThatsMyJam’s house was ransacked for additional clues that may shed some light on exactly who this person is. The town members uncovered a small black box labeled “My Jam”, that when opened blasted “Never gonna give you up” at high volume. Only someone belonging to the mafia could be responsible for this atrocity! Also among the various items in Jam’s house was a shield, meaning that ThatsMyJam was the Blocker! Jam was quickly put to death afterwards.

As for the night, no fatal mafia activity occurred thanks to the efforts of the Medic! Nicely done guys, you might just turn this around yet.

Unfortunately the good news stops there. Ancienther has not made a serious contribution to the game for 4 days straight. This is not acceptable. Ancienther was struck by lightning and killed instantly, if you’re going to sign up for the game please actually play it. You might think that such overwhelming lethargy could only mean that Ancienther was a boring old Civilian, but tragically this is not the case. Ancienther, believe it or not, was Guill. Sorry guys.

Day 5:

The town has chosen Four as the next lynch victim, too bad he wasn’t the fourth victim because that would have been one hell of a coincidence. Instead Four’s argument about whether cats are superior to dogs has gotten a little out of hand, and after a few heated blows on the matter he was down for the count and lynched shortly afterwards. Much to the frustration of your host, despite aligning himself with the far superior pet animal Four actually was a Mafioso :c

As for nightly activities, the Sniper has finally struck!:

https://tenor.com/view/sniper-gif-5489827

However, while no Doctor can save someone from the dreaded sniper, Seelpit the Bodyguard can! Seelpit valiantly flung herself in the way of the accursed life-stealing arrow in an attempt to protect the defenseless civilians of the Nexus. Unfortunately she did not survive the attack as her own torso isn’t any more arrow-proof than anyone else’s.

Day 6:

I’m going to have to break narrative character for this announcement to properly explain what happened and the consequences that come from it. For those of you who missed it, NubieDubie posted a screenshot of a message I sent to another mafia member regarding something that you people aren’t supposed to know about (if you really want to know I’ll tell you either after the game or after you die, since I can’t officially confirm stuff relevant to the game while it’s still in progress). However, I did not immediately game-remove NubieDubie like I did Literature in game 6 because NubieDubie was actually instructed to post that screenshot by someone else. Further complicating the matter, the “someone else” happened to be the Sniper that you guys were trying so hard to hit last phase. So as if divine smiting 2 mafs in one phase wasn’t bad enough after that “there is no Deputy” fiasco, one of the mafs in question was the highest priority target for the innocent faction. Administering punishment would have dramatic, potentially game-deciding consequences.

Fortunately, since Toastrz took so long to get back to me you guys solved the game-deciding power shift issue on your own by lynching ArexRew. ArexRew is the Sniper, meaning he is also the person who told NubieDubie to post the rule-breaking screenshot. Also in case it wasn’t clear due the nature of the screenshot and this whole mess, NubieDubie is a Mafioso. Both NubieDubie and ArexRew will be removed from the game entirely, meaning that they will not be sent to the dead player chat. I’m still not sure how I’ll be applying bans yet, NubieDubie’s brand-new to the game while ArexRew really should have known better.

This is why it’s extremely important that you guys READ THE RULES before the game starts. I think this game breaks the record for the most number of times the host has asked people to read the rule post. This is not optional. Games like these depend on a certain level of honesty from all players, revealing confidential information breaks the game.

Now that that’s out of the way, the game continues as normal (I hope). What’s left of the mafia team after that mess has decided to kill AKLDragon, who was a Civilian.

So as for what’s next, I’m not quite sure when I’ll be able to get the next game ready since I have finals coming up as well as a few other things I’m a little unsure of timing-wise. I’m hoping for late May/early June though. I also haven’t decided whether it will be a more traditional game or some other idea I had, it would become a particularly chaotic game and might just explode into hilarity all around. or maybe, just maybe, I might be able to bring back the eclipse since summer will have started by then. We’ll have to see.

Ah, Victory.

:wink: I sense someine likes the infected assassin…

oof boring civ for me.

i was inactive at first few days because i was on vacation, had anticipated starting the round earlier…
then i decided i would use my sister’s phone for discord to get on, but she never let me use it :\

Lmao Trensient

Well get them next time, chief.
Also how did you guys lynch Necros?

by voting for him to be lynched?

someone said the last maf had to be either lain (I believe) or Necros, so they started voting Necros, he just sat there and took it, I don’t think he even attempted to defend himself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.