Realmafia Round 9: [Mafia won for once!]

I can be active again if there’s still a slot, but if not I’ll try and spectate.
Yesterday I buit a rhino out of Kayaks. Dragon

you messed up. read the rules and try again

second to last spot probably goes to trensient assuming he can read the rules. last spot will go to you if someone I’m waiting to hear back from on discord doesn’t respond after a while.

so I think we’re done, depends on whether or not trensient is capable of reading the rules before retrying.

I am tentatively closing sign ups. the final seat will either be AKLDragon or the person I’m waiting for on discord.
I’ll be moving on to the next step once this last spot is finalized. if you missed out or would like to watch the game, join the server!: https://discord.gg/FnP5XUz you’ll be notified when I make a new sign-up post if you’re on the server, so you’ll be less likely to miss out on future games.

sign ups are officially closed now! all players have now joined the server, so additional instruction will be sent there instead. if you haven’t joined the server yet and want to watch, invite link is in the reply directly above me and at the bottom of the OP.

it’s a bit late because we’re already on day 2, but in case you didn’t know the game has begun!

Xaklor isn’t the boss of me, I can post this here and if she disagrees then it’ll be stomped flat within nano-seconds anyway.

So what does UwU mean?

iu

The game is over, this time the Mafia team has won! This marks the first mafia team win since I took over from toastrz, which means I am definitely not rigging the games c: It’s okay though, it’d be a shame if the outcome was always the same every time.

The two non-informant roles played pretty well, pegging one mafia member each. Lain the Sheriff was killed before he could reveal his information, but the town was able to pick out the mafioso from his suspect list after he was killed and revealed as the Sheriff. Ludfru picked out one of the Misinformants and shut Zephusss down with his Guill power, and then spent the rest of the game trying to taunt the mafia into killing him, mostly without success though. All of the Informants played particularly bad however, Wilhuff and SirSpud especially. Spud spent half his time actually doing nothing, while Wilhuff’s messages were all accused as being fake and only incriminated the person receiving them. The other Informants weren’t much better though. The mafia on the other hand, made full use of their Misinformants before they got lynched. The remaining 3 vanilla mafiosos were able to make it to the end of the game largely undetected, Curlip especially. On the very last phase, pressure on the mafia finally skyrocketed as Curlip was finally accused, yet somehow iExisted took his place as the “safe” mafioso. Due to some last minute voting shenanigans it wasn’t clear whether HorusKane or Curlip would have been the one to go, as HorusKane kept switching around to avoid having a tie while iExisted tried to maintain the tie. Curlip finally placed his vote at the very last minute and secured the win for the Mafia team.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing this setup again though, at least not for quite some time. It was much less interesting than one might have hoped. If this ever does make a reappearance, more roles will be included for sure.

Congratulations to the Mafia team and my condolences to the Nexus team, it can’t always be the same way every time!

Game Summary:

All special roles revealed

Mafia team:

1. Curlip: Mafioso
  2. Seelpit: Mafioso
  3. iExisted: Mafioso
  4. Airships: Misinformant
  5. Zephusss: Misinformant

Nexus team:

1. Ludfru: Guill
  2. Lain: Sheriff
  3. AKLDragon: Informant
  4. Wilhuff: Informant
  5. SirSpud: Informant
  6. RareMeat: Informant
  7. Zuzu: Informant
  8. Chennitoa: Informant
Daily summary of events

Town lynches:

1. Chennitoa
  2. Sadfahlsdj
  3. Zephusss
  4. RareMeat
  5. SirSpud
  6. AirShips
  7. ThatsMyJam
  8. RyanYoon
  9. HorusKane

Lain’s investigations:

1. Trensient
  2. Ludfru
  3. Airships
  4. SHARPSHOTR
  5. Four

Ludfru’s reveal:

1. Zephusss

Wilhuff’s messages:

1. Seelpit: “I saw Four with a group of known mafia associates in a diner last night. I think he is the Don”
  2. SHARPSHOTR: “Jam a čtyři jsou Maf. UwU”
  3. SHARPSHOTR: “Pay attention to Zeph’s lynch list”
  4. SHAPRSHOTR: “Seelpit, Four, and Jam are mafs. Lynch them.”
  5. None
  6. NubieDubie: “Sharp and Orsome are mafs. Help me convince others to lynch them.”
  7. NubieDubie: “Wilhuff and Orsome are mafs. Help me convince others to lynch them”
  8. Seelpit: “Nubie refused to listen. You are the only one I can trust. Wil and Orsome are mafs. You must lynch them.”

SirSpud’s messages:

1. Curlip: “you are bad”
  2. None
  3. RareMeat: “Sus of zuzu. Made heaps of empty claims against me, gonna look into him further tomorrow. Stay wary”
  4. Curlip: “I support ur claims on sharp, and I’ll try to support ur lynch on him tomorrow (assuming it all goes through)”

Zuzu’s messages:

1. RareMeat: “despite your cringe profile picture, i think ur innocent so help me convince ppl to kill SHARPSHOTR”
  2. Ludfru: “Given your ability to sway the majority vote. Keep an eye on Seelpit and Orsome. They know things only a mafia would. -T
  3. Wilhuff: “If Ludfru is alive for another day or two then he is a confirmed mafiaso. Convince others and be careful near him.”

RareMeat’s messages:

1. Wilhuff: “claiming informant, i will message you again tomorrow if all goes well, you’ll know it’s me because i’ll say duck”
  2. Ludfru: “i lived, bitch. unless i died, then this message sucks.”
  3. none

AKLDragon’s messages:

1. EnderTimes: “Hi I don’t really have any guesses yet, but the pointless chatter is suspicious”
  2. Four: “I think that Horus’s voting patterns are suspicious, I’m keeping an eye on him.”

Mafia assassinations:

1. EnderTimes
  2. TROLLDLLR
  3. Zuzu
  4. EpicNecros
  5. Lain
  6. Trensient
  7. Ludfru
  8. Wilhuff
  9. Four

Zephusss’ messages:

1. Four: “ You will speak only once today. You will not vote. If you attempt to work around this restriction, you will die. ~ Mafia
  2. Wilhuff: “Sus list? #Player Status backwards. Examples: 1:zuzu, 25:Airships. Be subtle if you’d like. (c: c:)”

Airships’ messages:

1. Trensient: “Have the 9th letter of your 4th message tomorrow be the 1st letter of your role. My 3rd message will start with W - Baguette”
  2. Trensient: “Help me lynch Four. He is the best choice for today’s lynch. -Baguette”
  3. Ludfru: “I’ve confirmed Will is a informant / Misinformant. Threaten to lynch him & see who defends him.”
  4. RyanYoon: “lynch jam?”
  5. none
Death reports

Day 1:

Chennitoa lived a simple life, churning out newspapers for anyone who’d read them. Today’s headline read: “ASKdfslEAFJDKLaseD”. While any casual observer would disregard them as incoherent babblings, the truly enlightened could see them for the next-level, irony-steeped memes that they were, and rejoiced. Not all were pleased with this facade however, as the angry mob marched into his office, angrily chanting “FAKE NEWS!”. Chennitoa was slain by a crude shiv fashioned out of his beloved newspapers. After ransacking his office for clues, the mob was disheartened to learn that poor Chennitoa was simply an Informant, and not one of the evil variety.

The following morning, EnderTimes was found beaten to death by tire. It was done such that a casual observer might mistakenly assume that EnderTimes had simply been run over on accident, but a proper autopsy revealed that someone actually did hold the tire themselves and beat him with it. Truly these are craftiest foes the town has yet to face, unless the tire was stolen from their own official Mafia bus in which case they’re only par for the course. EnderTimes was a Civilian.

Day 2:

Following the trail left behind Chennitoa’s death, the town has guessed that the one responsible for misleading the angry mob must have been a rival competitor, undoubtedly a mafia agent trying to maximize the spread of their heinous misinformation. But who stands to gain the most from pushing out an Informant publishing garbled and incomprehensible keyboard smashings? Sadfahlsdj of course! Sadfahlsdj wasn’t an Informant though, as if he could possibly care about newspapers written in illegible garbage. Sadfahlsdj was a Civilian.

The mafia continue their fake-style slaughter of the innocent, this time TROLLDLLR was stabbed through the heart with a bullet. Again, similar to the tire incident, the intention was to create the appearance of a shooting, but no guns were involved. The bullet was simply rammed into his chest by hand. But considering that shooting the bullet would have been simpler, and that faking a shooting has the same consequences of a real shooting, who can say who really won on that exhange. TROLLDLLR was a Civillian.

But wait! There’s more! Amid the early morning chaos, a lone man emerges from the rabble. His bright blue eyes and flushed cheeks arrest the sight of all nearby. He launches his heavyset torso skyward with a characteristic “Hepp!”, followed by a confident “Nailed it!” after sticking the landing atop a nearby stand. Guill has finally made his prophesied return! He inhales deeply, and fills his lungs with divine revelation. The skies part, revealing angelic choirs as the music swells to accompany his righteous proclamation. The very ground trembles in anticipation of his holy wisdom. A hush falls over the crowd as they await his undoubtedly sage response. He pauses briefly, exhales, and then shouts as loudly as possible:

JOKE NOT FOUND DUE TO A KEYCODING MISFORMAT!

As the crowd grumbles at the disappointingly mundane message, Zephusss undergoes a startling transformation! His jacket suddenly vanishes in a poof that sounds like someone chanting “keycoding misformat” over and over again in the space of a second. Underneath, Zephusss’s name tag is revealed! It says “Hi I’m Zephusss of Mafia Enterprises.” Zephusss is a Mafioso! Get him!

Day 3:

There wasn’t really much to debate about killing Zephusss, he was obviously a confirmed mafia team member and needed to go. After he was trampled by the angry mob, the citizens discovered that Guill’s revelation wasn’t quite correct: Zephusss was a Misinformant! (I messed up Zeph’s role but when I realized it I didn’t bother addressing it immediately because it effectively changed nothing. Sorry about that!)

The mafia aren’t ones to take this lying down though, Zuzu was killed during the night with a stapler. Why a stapler? It seems he was putting together a report thoroughly covering the Chennitoa/Sadfahlsdj case, meaning that Zuzu was an Informant. The stapler was taken from his desk before he could use it, and then it was used on his face. Several times.

Day 4:

This time the town descended upon RareMeat for his savory goodness, and after he was slain someone said what was on everyone’s minds: “This meat is actually kinda common tbh, it’s not that impressive.” His corpse was left intact as everyone suddenly lost interest. But not after discovering that RareMeat was another Informant! It’s like you can’t even go about your business in this town without running one of these guys over or something.

The mafia has gone back to playing subtle, this time EpicNecros poisoned in his sleep. Or at least, that’s what it looked like. Instead he was actually strangled, and then after he died a bit of poison was splashed near his mouth to make it look like he had been poisoned. The ingenuity of these mafiosos surprises even me. EpicNecros was a Civilian.

Day 5:

It appears that everyone’s thinking that they need some potatoes to go with their meat, even though the meat was of low quality. On the mob’s way to end the poor tater, someone spotted a newspaper with the headline: “NOBODY LISTENS TO ME WHAT A SURPRISE”, but it was too late. SirSpud, like his other food-named buddy, was also an Informant.

I’m guessing you guys stopped caring about dead informants a while ago, but this time I actually have some real bad news. Lain was killed during the night, he was slain by a rapier wit left behind at the crime scene. Lain unfortunately was the Sheriff. The town ransacked his office in an attempt to uncover any information he had uncovered, but to no avail. Any information held by the sheriff was stored entirely within his head.

Day 6:

Airships, as his name implies, runs airlines for a living. Most importantly, all mail going via air gets sent through his airlines. The town has somehow come to the conclusion that it would be a really good idea to lynch 3 Informants all in a row, and Airships is certainly in a position to tweak and/or send vast amounts of information. Too bad! Airships is actually a Misinformant! Looks like you’re going to be making some progress whether you like it or not.

The mafia have decided to kill Trensient during the night. He was in the middle of a painting when he received a message: “There are no happy accidents, only mistakes.” Confused at the twisted Bob Ross quote, he continued going about his business painting until he made the unfortunate mistake of not avoiding death via knife in the back. Everyone knows that’s something you should really work on to avoid knife-related injury and/or death, but not Trensient I guess. Trensient was a Civilian.

Day 7:

The town has decided to lynch yet another player with food-based name, I don’t know whether it’s stranger that you people have these names or that you’re killing them all back to back. But since the jam belonged to ThatsMyJam, the players were unable to locate it once he was dead, oh well. ThatsMyJam was a Civilian.

Ludfru has been begging for the sweet release of death for several days now, only to have his wishes rejected time and time again. The mafia has finally decided to grant his request, he was run over with a bus no less than 37 times in the night. Upon inspecting the horrendously battered remains of everyone’s favorite pink skeleton, the townspeople discovered that it was all merely a disguise. Ludfru’s true identity was Guill. Normally the loss of a special role would be sad, but in this case his powers have already been used, which means that he was essentially another basic civilian at this point.

Day 8:

Once again, a food-based player is next to go, RyanYoon is apparently the sauce needed to complete your ridiculous dish. Just like the other three food-players, RyanYoon was also innocent of the alleged crimes, he was a Civilian.

This night, Wilhuff was killed. Most likely due to everyone knowing about his fetishistic obsession with Lord of the Rings, the mafia hired some orcs from Moria to pull the job, giving him the most fitting death possible. Even though no one in the book actually died from the orcs in that place, I’m sure he would have appreciated the thought put into tailoring the circumstances of his death towards his interests. If it weren’t for the fact that he was, y’know, dead. Wilhuff was an Informant.

One last note, I know toast made a big deal about not revealing the exact number of mafia members, but we’re 9 games in and it’s pretty obvious that the setup is 5 mafs to 20 civs. There are now 8 of you, and 3 are mafs. If you lynch an innocent this turn, the numbers will drop from 5-3 to 3-3, and the mafia will win. Keep this in mind while making your decisions this phase.

why the fuck people still wanted to kill sharp after my death is over me this is so dumb i do not want to be sheriff anymore

This is the second time I’ve been assassinated early by mafia

Save for the day 1 message, I literally couldn’t do anything. My message for rare was irrelevant, as both he and zuzu died the next day, and then my message for curlip (d4) was also turned irrelevant because I was lynched that day

Nevertheless, it was a fun game (as per usual) and maf played pretty well

Edit: Hey, my sus list got 2 out of 3 correct suspicions

actually I was talking about the day 1 message (to curlip: “you are bad”), and the day 2 message (you didn’t send one)

fun

Homestuck%20-%20vrikka
Was a fun game, though the ending got tense.
And I wasn’t quite a fan of Tren’s continual derogatory comments on maf’s playstyle…like, y’all lynched two of us, one of which you used Guill for, but okay .w.

Ok zeph way to reveal that there’s at least 1 misinformant

What the fuck informants

This was a marvel xd

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.