RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

@Stupidity tends to ban people when they disregard him.

Disregard me at your peril!

this seems like a challange…~~
jk plz no ban

@moderators

In exchange for duping being completely and permanently patched in RotMG, would you accept the “Yowza curse”?

every time you start urinating, you yell “YOWZA” as loud as you can

Now I guess it would be the reason why you’re yelling that particular phrase every time you urinate.

If it had to do with uh, how do I phrase this in a politically correct manner… the color of your urine, I’m pretty sure most would say no.

Except the guys that already have a bladder infection, that’s fine

No. Duping never bothered me personally; I don’t really trade.

Zlushy was in the impression that Shatter was a mod, and from somewhere on sector 3.0, this came out of his mouth: [quote=“Zlushy, post:18, topic:5636”]
(Mods get no exceptions to break the rules)
[/quote]
So @moderators, what happens if a mod does something against th rules? what happens if he does it multiple times? for whatever reason, maybe he was drunk or something(that’s just one example, there might be other scenarios.).

There have been moderators who have been de-modded, either for sharing confidential information or for taking advantage of exploits.

hmm… did those events ever happen here in the RealmEye forum?

I checked, doesn’t look like it, same mods from the start. Think he’s more referring to skoad, Edit: NVM, thanks Doc

Nah, skoad was never kicked out. He left and came back a few times on his own accord.

On these forums so far there hasn’t been any mod turnover. You’ve all noticed that some of us don’t really visit anymore… I’m proud we got the gang back together for the building and grand re-opening process, but the game is still the game and it’s hard to rekindle old loves.

That person would not have become a mod in the first place. It is incredibly simple to not break rules. If any of us had ever had a reason to doubt the judgment of a potential recruit, we likely would not reach out to them in the first place. One thing that I think all of us mods have in common is that we’re all “real”, meaning we don’t act differently on the internet than we do IRL. Another way to put that, is that I don’t think any of us will say anything to people on the internet that we wouldn’t say to someone’s face IRL.

If it came down to it, that’s a hard question to answer in a general sense because context is important–how we would act would vary depending on the situation. One thing that would always happen is that we would talk it over amongst ourselves with the offending mod.

To expand on what OtherBill said, those de-moddings were all by Kabam. If it had been my call, no one would have been de-modded, because nothing that they did was that unreasonable. Also, those de-moddings were covered in my abridged history post above.

Hey @moderators, I was wondering, do you get a notification when one of your posts is flagged?

i’m pretty sure they get a notification if any post gets flagged.

@moderators, what are you gonna do on Valentine’s Day? Who’s that special someone you’re gonna meet? And don’t just reply with “my gf” or “my wife” or something like that, put some detail into it! like what are you gonna do, are you gonna go grab lunch? etc…

@moderators do you like your coffee black or with sugar?

Technically, I’d say that no, we don’t personally get a notification (referring to the type like when someone uses a @ mention; i.e. shows up as a number in a blue circle on our avatar in the menu in the top-right corner). However, the hamburger menu in the top-right shows a notification in the form of a number in an orange circle, indicating that there are posts in the flag queue.

If that doesn’t make sense, let me know and I’ll screenshot it next time I have a chance.

Binge on those chalk heart candies.

Black or with one thing of half-and-half.

B

Found One!

We get a notification when every post is flagged, regardless of author. Someone flagged a post of mine a week or so ago; I figured it’d be a conflict of interest for me to handle that one myself, so I just left it in the queue for someone else to resolve.

I don’t do coffee. Not black, not with cream/sugar, not ventigrandebiggiesmallspumpkinspicedoublehalfcaffsoymochalattefrappucchino with extra foam.

(I don’t do tea, either. Not black, not green, not chai. No “Tea, Earl Grey, Hot”. Heck, not even bubble.)

Hell, what do you do then?

I drink iced coffee with milk and creamer. I don’t love hot drinks, but will occasionally drink hot tea (all kinds). I drink hot coffee in certain social situations, and it doesn’t matter how it’s prepared.

I do love iced tea. Don’t drink soda much at all, but typically a gallon or so of iced tea over a week.