RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

Hello @moderators I have brought you here today to ask you some questions that aren’t necessarily important but would be interesting to know. This is also a good place for others to ask you questions rather than it being scattered in several threads. Hopefully this can contain all of the moderator questions into 1 thread. I would prefer if the moderators answered my questions even if you know, please let the mods answer. :smiley:

• Which one of you banned Paxrat?
  • Who founded the realmeye forums and realmeye in general?

Alright that’s it for now. If you have questions for the moderators please just leave a post and hopefully they will get to answering. If there is already a thread for this please notify me and send a link.

Cya, Hope your questions can be answered.

Regarding the zlushy ban
Flagged to Death?
What would you do with the classes?
Regarding the zlushy ban
The Regular Bridge

Will they answer tho? That is the question

they would probably say a group effort.

i always imagined doc as being the leader.

oh well. i just put my thoughts

No Problem! Love your input, glad ppl are getting involved. I also want to get the moderators in because they will be able to answer a majority of the questions :smiley:

Is this a new way to spam the moderators with my questions!? How should I @ them, should I use @ Moderatos or @ Doc for example?

if you want to talk to a specific, just use their name like @ doc

if you want to talk to all of them @ moderators

@moderators Why do most of you not participate in the forum games and Etc

…ill let them answer it… but…

It was a consensus decision. Unless it’s cognizant and flagrant rule breaking we discuss it first.

We still have no idea who exactly is behind RealmEye. Our only contact is MrEyeball, and via the same means as everyone else (RealmEye PM & forum).

“Founded” the forums is a bit too extravagant a claim. When Kabam announced the end of their forums several of us were trying to get in contact with Deca in regards to their plans and what we could do to help. When it became clear we weren’t going to get a response, at least not one in what we considered a reasonable timeframe, I reached out to MrEyeball to see if they would be interested in filling the void. Turns out they agreed, and once the software was up and running all the moderators jumped aboard and helped build this place. I may have struck the match, but all of us built the foundation here.

Nope, I’d rather not. We’ve long operated as a hive mind, so I wouldn’t really call any of us a leader. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and I think we all step up when we know we’re best suited for something or other. It’s really uncanny our ability to predict each others thoughts on a wide variety of things. Must be some weird ESP or something, but whatever it is I appreciate it.

It’s a time sink I haven’t the time for. Knowing the others, it’s likely the same. We’ve all got professional lives/careers to draw our attention, and some of us have families they’d rather spend time with.

@moderators would it be a good idea to have this thread pinned so that way it will be known and new people would easily find it?

(not trying to get my post pinned, just wondering if it might help prevent 50 exact same threads/posts.)

Well, the white bag thread and the death thread have been pinned, and people still post those, but it’s certainly less

Allow me to personally illustrate @Doc’s “time sink” answer:

• I have a full-time job that sometimes requires more-than-full-time hours.
  • I need to take care of myself: sleep and eat, cook, clean, do laundry, shop, etc.
  • In my free time, I go to the gym—a lot. (Seriously…a LOT.)
Those three things alone leave me hardly any time to hop in the game and actually play…and time spent in the forums cuts into that. As a result, the “forum games and Etc” aren’t very high on my personal priority list.

Refer to Doc’s answers.

Yes. Why wouldn’t we? We don’t think of ourselves as being in some ivory tower.

Doc’s response is spot on. Hypothetically, though, if this were asked while we were still at the WSS forums, I would have said amitp was our leader–not because he actually was or wanted to be, but because I respect him that much.

For the same reason I don’t drink water from the toilet.

I don’t think there’s a need. I do think this thread would be more appropriate in Community Hub rather than The Academy, so I’m going to move it.

Doc did play continue the story one… Then got buried under me and scorch’s spam

seriously? not even you guys know who’s the group behind RE other than someone who goes through the account, “MrEyeball”?

have to say, I did not see that coming.

@moderators how far can one go before getting himself banned? Where’s the line of “if you cross this line you will get banned”?
Did what i just said make any sense at all?

That’s for a combination of reasons–at least it is for me, so speaking only for myself:

1. I don't care if MrEyeball has some other identity. MrEyeball is MrEyeball, and that's good enough for me.
  2. I respect MrEyeball's privacy. If MrEyeball wanted me to know more about him/her/them, he/she/they'd tell me.
  3. I like the mysteriousness that MrEyeball has. He/she/they have done an excellent job creating the persona, and I respect that.

No one we’ve banned has carried a tape measure, so your guess is as good as ours.

oh I totally understand that there are many possible reasons as to why that might be the case, and that’s fine with me. I’m just surprised that the person/people behind RealmEye are even more secretive than I thought.