RealmEye Overlay for Exalt - Released

Having trouble to install it on my computer… may have to try again (maybe it’s just me).

Do you have the ASP.NET Core 3.1 Runtime installed? It’s required but I forgot to say that in the op. I will update that.
Link for that: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1

Download the one under "ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.6"

An interesting idea, though the integration and UI could be improved. I’m happy to see an Electron.js application any day!

Some window transparency, and allowing the window to overlay during gameplay would make this much more feasible, if it accented the existing GUI style of the unity client, opposed to a window covering a portion of the screen.

I might try my hand at this down the road! Currently I’m a little curious onto implementation of @DosVapes idea of discord integration. It would require both parties to have my theoretical program installed, but local VC would be a nifty idea.

It would be very convenient if Discord and RealmEye could be integrated into the game, I’ve seen it done on Minecraft. It’ll take a while to implement, but I’d think it’d be worth it if done correctly.

It works now thank you. <3

What specifically needs to be improved? I’m not good at designing UI so it probably wont improve much unless someone else wants to do it :slight_smile:

I tried to add transparency but it didn’t work. I’m not sure if it’s a bug in Electron.Net or I misunderstood how transparency works in Electron. I will try again though!

What do you mean by this?

Edit: I got transparency working but it’s very rough. The reason it wasn’t working for me before is because I didn’t disable the frame(title bar, menu, etc). Just need to remake the top menu bar.

I’m glad it’s working now <3
I’m sorry about that. I completely forgot it was required since I already had it installed for a few months before I started working on this.
In the next update it will have a hotkey to type or copy to clipboard “/tell MrEyeBall stats”
It will also have an option to auto restart instead of showing a messagebox saying that a bug occurred and needs to be restarted.

Edit: In the next update the app will be transparent and have a new menu bar on the top.

Yeah I agree.
Is there anything you think I should add to the app?
For the Discord related stuff what do you think should be added?
I may be able to add taking screenshots and posting them to a Discord channel. Is that something you would want?

Here is a pic of the UI changes so far. It’s still very rough as I haven’t done anything like this before so I’m learning a lot about Electron and Bootstrap. Currently only the Settings page and the nav bar are transparent. Once I make it better looking and get transparency working on the RealmEye page I will upload the new version.

Screenshot

Edit The settings page works fine with transparency. The RealmEye page wont display as transparent. This is the issue I faced before. I’m rewriting large parts of the code to use a BrowserView instead of a WebView. I think with a BrowserView it will work but I’m not 100% sure. There isn’t an eta on when the update will be released. I start a new job on Monday and I have a lot of things to do to get ready before then.

The BrowserView is working well and I got transparency working with it. I need to rewrite all the code that handles the styling.
There will be a new folder structure for CSS. As of now in the upcoming update the CSS folder structure looks like this “css/styles/{style}/{file}”(Ex: “css/styles/dark/settings.css” where settings.css is the css for the Settings page.)

All of the code for everything else is finished. Rewriting the code for the style loader and then making new CSS files for it is the only thing left before I can finish testing it, look for bugs, and then release it.

There are a lot of features missing in Electron.Net and there are a lot of bugs in it.
So because of that I’m remaking the app using Chromely.

Edit* Actually I’m going to use WPF for it. It will be Windows 10 only for the time being.

The remake is about 80% finished and will be released by the end of the week.
Transparency is working.
Everything other than the settings page and custom css files for RealmEye are finished.
Plus the bug in the old/current app that requires restarting the app isn’t in the new app since it doesn’t use Electron.Net so it can run without ever needing to be restarted.

The new app will be a new repo on Github called RealmOverlay and the old/current app(REO) will stay on Github

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.