Recent Lag

Just lately my lag (including jitter) has skyrocketed since the turn of the month. I’m just wondering if it is just on my end or the game.

move to tech support?

Nobody knows for sure, there are just a lot of potential things that could be affecting it

Deca have (sort of) addressed this in their latest post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/764h2f/sorry_for_the_lack_of_communication/

This bit if one click is too many:
Server performance - I hear people say that the “old” servers were better, but the servers actually are the same ones our predecessor was running.
The difference is that many more features, security checks and other things have been added since. Plus, the amount of players increased. So, despite the many performance improvements that were also added, servers simply have a lot to deal with, and we’ll have to continue adding more (edit: adding more performance improvements that is, I derp’d the wording on that).
We are aware of the issues and are still investigating why it seemed to start getting so bad specifically after the Tinkerer patch.
Performance optimizations are high on our list, but since they take a lot of research, they take time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.