Refined Snake Venom ( Assasin Poison Idea)

Refined Snake Venom

Screenshot%20(51974)

Corrosive poison ripped from the fangs of Stheno the Snake Queen herself !
Tier: UT
MP Cost : 90 (16.6 damage/MP)
Damage over Time: 1500 (250 damage/sec)
Duration: 6 seconds
Stat Bonuses: +3 ATK, +5 SPD
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 900

Drops from: Stheno the Snake Queen

This poison should be the highest damaging poison in the game. This is countered by it being a single target poison. When used the poison is applied to your dagger, meaning the next shot by your dagger after using this ability poisons the enemy, making it take damage per second. This is an interesting idea that allows the poison use to be almost instantaneous with the tradeoff of being a single target poison. The poison effect on your dagger only lasts for 1 shot, excluding missed shots. This means that after landing a poisoned dagger shot you must reuse the ability to poison your dagger again. There is no cooldown on this allowing for massive damage on single targets, making this a great poison for boss fights.

Please comment any suggestions, this is my first item idea posted to realmeye forums and any input is appreciated ! :slight_smile:

In most cases if you miss a shot, the next will already have fired before the prior reaches the end of its range. So realistically there would have to be a few regular shots in between. Maybe just make it like a scepter with a smaller arcgap, and if you miss it will heal mp equal to its cost.

hmm good point, I didnt consider the high amount of shots per second on most characters :confused:
maybe it could poison like your next 10 shots with low poison damage per shot, that way if you miss one or two shots the repercussions are not too big. This would also increase the skill cap to use this poison.

honestly idk either maybe deca can program it to just activate within the next time that you damage the boss, that way in the code it is seperate from the actual shots itself but has the same effect.

So like write some code that says

if (ability used)
when (enemy damaged)
activate (poison damage)

and then reset it once the poison damage is activated. Then again I dont have much experience coding, much less so in games, so idk if this would be possible

From general coding knowledge, it would be possible using
When ability used
Activate poison
Lock Ability
When projectile hits
Do damage X
Deactivate poisoning
Unlock ability

Im not familiar with the language used in rotmg, so those words/lines could be replaced with others.
So when you use your ability, it will send a message to make the dagger poisonous. You cant use your ability during this time. Then, the next time the projectile hits, it will do damage over time, remove poisonous behavior from the dagger, and allow you to use the ability again.

However I prefer the idea where a certain number of shots would have the poison. Definitely not every shot over a period of time though, cause that would make it scale greatly depending on dex, unless the poisoning is unstackable

imagine it being all your shots within a certain period of time, i can just imagine seeing every assasin using the UBdex or sphinx rings XD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.