Reflection of Ra (new event white prism!)

Reflection of Ra

Tier UT

MP Cost 50

On Equip +4 SPD, +4 DEX

Effect(s)
Teleport to cursor
image0 Invulnerable on self for 0.4 seconds

Cooldown 1 second

XP Bonus 8%

Soulbound image

Feed Power 1,000

Loot Bag image

Drops From Grand Sphinx

Notes

This prism resembles the mirror once used by the god Ra to maintain his bright and beautiful appearance. Ra’s essence is still entrapped within the mirror and the holder is able to use the mirror’s mystical powers of reflection to instantly move to a chosen position and protect themselves for a short time.

This prism has the most efficient mana per teleport cost of any prism, beating out the t0 prism by 10 mana per teleport. However, it has a cooldown of 1 second after each teleport. On the plus side, you are granted a short invulnerability after teleporting making this prism an excellent choice for rushing end game dungeons where you may accidentally teleport onto enemies with deadly shotguns. Ultimately, this prism is best for traversing long distances with teleports as it has a low mana cost and the 1 second cooldown forces the user to allow a small amount of mana generation to take place before casting another teleport.

This prism would drop from the Grand Sphinx at about a 1/500 chance, so not nearly as rare as a Helm of the Juggernaut but still pretty rare. If this were to be added to the game, Helm of the Juggernaut would be moved to ONLY be a drop from the Hermit God and this new item would now be the only Grand Sphinx event white. In addition, Jugg would have its drop rate doubled from the Hermit God to keep it at around the same rarity as it is currently.

*I figured it’d be best if jugg is moved to only be a drop from Hermit God because hermit crabs are typically known for their strong, armored shell and so the theming makes sense there. However, it’s always felt odd that jugg also drops from Sphinx as well, so I figured I’d make an event white concept that seems more fitting for the Grand Sphinx.

Feel free to leave feedback!

I like the general idea, but I’d suggest the MP cost be 70 instead of 50.
While I really like the 0.5 seconds of invuln to prevent teleporting shotguns, I think making it SO spammable would be a little too cracked, even for an event white. At 70, it’s still relatively cheap and could still see competition from Ghostly and T0 purely on the merits of them being a little cheaper. At 50, Ghostly would be rendered worthless and it’d be too easy to just keep teleporting forever since you’d have a small safe haven every tp to prevent something from putting you in combat and reducing your pets Mheal capabilities. Half a second is enough time for something to go horribly wrong, that’s true, but it’s also such a short period that a lot of things wouldn’t even be able to start shooting at you before you’ve teleported out out of their FOV.

No issue with the jugg separation idea, tho, it makes sense for it to just be one or the other, not both. And a new event white’s very overdue.

Love the premise, especially with Trix being one of my favorite classes! I’d give this a try.

I see where you’re coming from, but in my honest opinion, it’s a little silly that the t0 prism is the best for general use teleporting. That’s kind of what I was trying to do with this one. Make a prism that is the best one for general use teleporting but offers no decoy. I figure that it’d be a little underpowered if it didn’t have a secondary effect so that’s why I added in the invulnerability. I don’t think I’d really want to lower the MP cost because then it is no longer the best general use teleporting prism, so maybe instead I’d lower the invulnerability to 0.3 - 0.4 seconds? Also, ghostly prism is still one of the best DPS prisms, and you’d almost always use a t0 over it for rushing just because t0 costs less mp.

Idk, does a 0.3 - 0.4 second nerf on the invuln seem like a reasonable adjustment instead of increasing the mana cost?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.