Regarding servers going down [anointed megathread]

reddit isnt that bad actually… its just bunch of stupid memes about this (even one by curlip)

but its b/c RE has better conversation format.

Or im blind and didnt see something

I was just doing shatters, then bam. Southwest goes down.

Probably one of my better

what is ur yt channel? u said i could be in ur vid :0. btw i posted the thread lelxd famous im a megathread

Anymore crashes or has the problem been resolved finally?

Yea but even after that post there were still crashes. But I’m guessing it’s all better now.

O_O what did I miss

Also ran out of likes now giving bookmarks :confused:

Anyone now which servers are up and ones that are down b/c usw3 is up but i cant find any others.

Deca is working on fixing everything.

any help? or is this still hackers?

Basically, static IP’s never change. Always the same, so an attacker like LolgotHakd, he can just stack up a bunch of UDP threads and the moment it comes back on, those pile on it. TCP will only attack until it goes down, so as long as it has a connection, it gets hit. If the IP was to be Dynamic, it would constantly change every so many seconds. Meaning that the hacker would struggle to DDoS them.

can you please put that in common language ? I have no idea what a DDoS is or a UDP o.o

I thought dynamic only meant that every computer/server would get assigned a random IP adress when connecting to a router.

Socket Security Error #2048 is caused mainly by:
Your Network Provider is blocking the game’s connection to the servers.
The places you would most likely encounter this error is at:

School
Work
A Country with Strict Censorship.

DDOS is Distributive denial of service, imagine about a million people high-fiving someone, but it’s like a million computers high-fiving a server. Which causes it to crash. UDP is a form of connection thats wireless. When a DDoS attack is preformed, it’s generally HTTP (Web-based) UDP or TCP. I can’t say I know much about UDP/TCP aside from UDP being wireless and TCP being Internet-based.

Dynamic applies to a lot of different things. And you can make your IP or VPN dynamic so it always changes and is never the same.

that helps a bit thank you tips hat I would like your comment but I have run out of likes for today XD

Most of the “noobs” at the hacking world only can Ping which is super basic and easy to do but extremely weak. DoS is just one computer constantly high-fiving the server which takes ages to get anywhere and you risk hurting your own internet more. To preform a DDoS a botnet which is required, it’s like a single computer making a bunch of other peoples computers zombies, which is typically how an effective DDoS is sent. For LolgotHakd to be able to take down servers on a game as big as rotmg means he either has a big botnet, or really expensive paid for software.

I just wanna play realm :frowning: