Regarding servers going down [anointed megathread]

I guess they would need some kind of special shite to do that tho, as dynamic IP adress on regular routers is apparently just this:
"You’ll read most everywhere that a dynamic IP address can change “at any time.” True, but not likely. The fact is, even if you have a dynamic IP address it’s possible that it won’t change for months on end."
From here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/dynamic-static

Also, wouldn’t having a constantly changing IP adress make connecting to servers almost impossible, or at the very least highly impractical, as you would lose connection for a split second all the time?

so do you think that it might be kabam getting revenge on deca for bringing realm back ?

Try the “Best Server” button or the asian servers they still seem to be up

It’s easy to make web browsers dynamic. As a web developer I can make sites change IP’s every couple of minutes.

I doubt it’s really kabam.

And yes there would be connection lost every so often… But it shouldn’t be too hard to pull off and it would give them plenty of time to actually fix the vulnerability that makes the IP’s of every server visible.

is it possible for common people to have that kind of software to crash it ? or do you think its just some rich little kid ? or maybe an adult who wants to ruin it ?

What better choices do they have at this point?

It’s definitely possible. By expensive I mean like about $200 to be able to permanently use that kind of software.

thats not alot but why would someone want to ruin something that people enjoy?

Well, what I think they are doing, or at the very least attempting, is to somehow fix the problem regardless of IP address. Cuz if not, even with a constantly changing IP, they would still be open for attacks like this in the future.

People are just shite sometimes.

but I mean really? why ruin it for a whole gaming community and for those who are payed players

This thread got 800 replies in like 16 hours
Jesus… I guess the game being down helps the forums?

They have to update protection which means they would need time to either buy better protection or have to start using ads on their websites to increase revenue for the better protection. And in the meantime, this could keep going on for a long time as rotmg servers are still super vulnerable. Anything anyone has to do is go to char/list.

Some people are just jerks.

Was afraid to put a direct link for fear of getting banned. But it lists every servers IP.

I never knew about the forums before today :confused:

hopefully deca will give us something for this major hack