Regarding the ban of XSpinATKx

no I am not kidding. if you think he’s an okay guy at least one of the following must apply to you:

1. you have not seen the majority of his posts
  2. you are incredibly dense
  3. you are yet another troll

More like he was banned because of several of his posts and Uncle Stew didn’t feel like quoting each and every one of them. Doesn’t mean 100% of his post history is ban-worthy.

You’re only saying that because you personally never had a problem with him, not because he was actually that way towards everybody.

Am I on the boundary with anti warrior extremism?

I don’t have the right to make the call, but I would say you’re fine since you seemed to have calmed down a bit. you’re entitled to your own opinion but that doesn’t mean you have to throw it around in every situation regardless of whether or not it applies.

Wait so what is ban worthy? Seems a bit random, I want to know.

It’s not a hard rule, but the “don’t be a dick” mindset applies here. Follow that and you’ll probably be alright.

EDIT: @Yavo, you can also read the rules and guidelines of the forum for a better insight.

Don’t think this exists but okay. Thanks for your help, i’ll just ask the @moderators

I kind of liked zlushy and spinatk. Their deaths shall forever be mourned by me. :sunglasses:

so, what did @paxrat do to get banned?

OK if we ask why anyone got banned every time someone new gets banned, nothing will get done.

#Put it this way;

Doc is your mom(lol), OB is your dad. They have final say on everything that happens in their house, in otherwords the forums.

You might not always understand why they scold you or why you get grounded, but you accept it and can’t really do a whole lot about it, because this aint your goddamn house.

Couple of clarifications

When I cited the account history on those two suspensions I had a few goals.

1. I want to put my name on the ban. If anyone feels that I have acted inappropriately they should know that I made the decision to impose the suspension. That way if they want to address it either with me or the other mods they aren’t dealing with the cloak and dagger nonsense of not knowing who did it and what the reasoning is.
  2. I cited the account history as the reason for the suspension because the ban is not the result of an individual action or post that was inappropriate, but rather a pattern of posting in a way that is inconsistent with the rules of our community. Although many of the examples of bad behavior may now be hidden as a result of flags (as a point of reference, xspinatkx had over 50 flags), I consider that the pattern of behaviors which precipitated the ban should be discernible from a cursory review of the account history.
  3. I am not interested in rules lawyering. We are an overwhelmingly lax moderation group, and if you get banned it is very…very… likely that you deserved what you got and then some, three weeks earlier. A person who gets banned in this environment and then comes back and wants to say “which rule specifically did I violate, how, when, and why didn’t this other person also get in trouble” is not trying to better themselves or the community. I prefer to see the ball in the other court. Don’t ask me what exactly to the letter you have to do, instead you tell me how you see your own behavior and what you are going to do to change.

I chose to suspend both xspinatkx and zlushy with the knowledge that these actions would be noticed and may or may not be controversial. I believe them to be consistent with the environment we have always sought: where decent discussions can happen and players can continue to connect in a forum environment with one another.

I do not like overmoderation or overly strict community management because I believe it stifles open discussion. I prefer (by leaps and bounds) community norms being established by people simply interacting with each other. Newcomers should learn to be respectful, thoughtful, teachable, and put their best forward by encountering that from others. This will never happen if they come in and get their hands continually slapped by established forumers or the moderation team. We have a responsibility to be patient and welcoming as well as modeling good behavior. However, in these two cases I felt that the elements of the community that ARE trying to create that good environment we undermined by we moderators not taking a slightly stronger stance.

That said, I am NOT your mom and this is NOT my house. I am a servant of this community, and this is in essence our house, hosted graciously by realmeye. My decisions are not necessarily inscrutible and all of the moderation team are incredibly open to discussion, provided it is handled civilly and respectfully.

Finally, xspinatkx’s suspension was a 1 month suspension, but I am leaning heavily toward making it permanent as a result of further reviewing his history and these new sockpuppets.

As always, I apologize for the text wall, but I am being as transparent as I can be.

Regarding the zlushy ban
RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]
What would you do with the classes?

When it come to what you should do as a moderator I prefer the term:

It isn’t that you must do something, but that you can do something.

holy MOLY that sounded VERY patriotic. Well said :clap:

Kinda teared up a bit reading it lol

What’s @Stupidity then? The dog that bites you if you try and come back?

Oh…I guess my analogy was a *tad* off.

Otherwise, very well put.

I was leaning towards older brother, but that works too.

Ok. Your mentally ill.

aw what he got banned?
man i thought my meme was gonna win his competition :frowning:

Actually, StarWarTwo or ChiefEagle was going to win.

Sorry

Well I’m late. @SkySplice YOU ARE XSPIN?

If you read the thread, it’s pretty self explanatory