Regarding the Oryx 3 "Crasher" problem, and how to fix it

So i’ve been doing o3’s recently.
MAN the raid leaders are pissed at crashers, whilst the crashers being mad at them.
How to fix it? Add some sort of a “Group” system, where a group can enter sort of a parallel version of the dungeon. One peoson could create a group, and invite the rest of gathered people to it. Alternatively, there would be a group “code” and “password” (optional), which would allow for joining groups accross locations. That would solve the problem on both sides, as the Discord Group would have a nice, crasher-less run, and the crashers would still have the dungeon, just with a different group.
Dungeons that it would affect:

• any realm dungeons
  • dungeons opened by keys in a bazaar (only if the key popper is already in a group)
    Dungeons it would not affect:
  • dungeons opened by keys, by a member without a group
  • dungeons opened in the nexus

On top of that, the Group Leader would have the option to kick people from the group, instead of the Key Opener. Kicking a person from a group would cause them to be disconnected from the server if they were in a dungeon with the said group.

No. The fun of the game sometimes is meeting random people and having talks with them. This totally ruins that. No. Edit: wait how does this even solve oryx 3 crashes? And most of the time the people were in the realm before the raid, so technically the raid is crashing those people small o3 run. And also, pick your battles. Is it really worth getting worked up that some people that you don’t know want to help you defeat a boss in a video game?

The General Chat Thread v2

While I could maybe understand it for key dungeons, it just seems to add yet another roadblock to people in less organized runs, not to mention it kinda exists already for bazaar pops. Its most bothersome with O3, since there is no such thing as a “private” realm. If they don’t want crashers, then they can find more empty realms and clear them from there. Most of the raids that I’ve unintentionally been a part of were pretty chill about it, especially since (I believe, at least) deca put out a statement condoning people trying to privatize realms.

The General Chat Thread v2

No

I see that you’re trying to compromise here, but implementing this feels like it would go against one of the points of this game. As the raiders try to claim things they shouldn’t, the crashers enter places that they are perfectly ok to roam. There’s something to be said about curtesy, but both sides should be ok with giving and taking some.

I mean there are 2 possible solutions to the crasher problems. First is to have runes stay rare, and have private dungeon features like /kick or keys, or rune monument in ghall or something. The second solution is to make runes rare as fuck, so that o3 is basically as common as wine cellar. The third solution is for deca to fix their shit, but we all know how that’ll go. The problem with the curent system is that runes are rare, but o3 is also considered a public dungeon. The 2 things just dont work well together.

i personally 100% agree with the main idea of this thread, since im bad at o3 and the millions of counters caused by idiotic crashers (there are good ones but thats rare, theyre mostly just red star “PPEs” that are too lazy to join a discord call for o3) make me nexus all the time. hard-farmed runes that people brought to do a fast o3, but a couple noobs go in and ruin the run. there are high reqs in most good o3 discords that people grind for, yet some random bad player with godlands gear that leeched through WC gets to go in o3 instead of one of the good players that brought 4/4 dps sets (by pure luck because they clicked faster). I strongly believe o3 should be a private dungeon (maybe have a shrine in the nexus that allows the group system to only go in, or have a requirement to go in o3 (WC tops + 8/8?) that would make it so the annoying process of realm clearing doesnt need to be done, saving time and allowing for more o3s to be run, and makes sure that bad players cant go in (if there is only 1 person going in, remove the gear reqs so that player could do challenge runs (like @Fametime 's t0 sword o3). TL:DR o3 should be private and realm-clear should be removed, along with gear +stat reqs to enter.

Honestly I think that they should just remove the counter/stagger system. This would fix crashers being able to grief your runs, and it wouldn’t make O3 a cakewalk for small groups. You would actually have to go through the phases and dodge. It’s seriously a joke how fast and easy O3 is when you compare a vet group vs a pub group.

The ideas that OP presented is a double-edged sword as mentioned. It does solve the crashin’ issues but yet, it could widen the gap of stereotype of crashers. Crashers themselves have 2 divided groups: they crash yet no intention of ruining potential O3 runs (they just want to have free runs without grabbing Discord calls). And of course, the crashers who grieves and ruin the fun, we know what they do.

While O3 should be a rare-to-sight thing, it should not be a private dungeon. And the requirement entering to such dungeons should not be implemented as well.

People that server hop looking to do O3 (i.e. moi) and people that try to grief O3 runs are two distinct groups, and the former far outnumber the latter. Let the kids play the game lolol.

His idea made it so those other people still get a run, just not with the group. I most cases with rage over crashes it’s an annoying loop, some crashers come with bad sets and make the run harder, discords/O3 groups get annoyed and toxic , some crashers don’t like the toxicity and pvp/counter/bring worse sets, more toxicity and more toxicity until everyone hates the other side. Some crashers help the group and are decent and they get included in they hate, most discords/groups/raider leaders/raiders aren’t toxic yet get included in the hate. With this any crashers with ok sets will be invited to the group if they want or they can just do the other O3 that isn’t part of the group.

Realms aren’t private but if runes don’t want you do be there it’s not your ‘right’ to get the O3, you don’t own the realm either.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.