Remaking Derpy Pet Sprites - BB

There’s some pet sprites which I believe looks derpy. I want to practice my sprite making, as well as playing with the idea of having your art in the game which is fun in its own right.

Now, my first remake will be of the Phoenix, the divine/legendary of the pet family I happen to focus in and am so afraid to get if I somehow ever got to that level. What I want to know is: what would YOU guys see being remade? I’l try to remake it to become less derpy, if not hilariously even more! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Phoenix

Before

After

Ahh, the family class I almost took. The Poison Drake has always looked a little derpy to me, and oh man, I changed its scheme a couple of times. I like to think that it looks kinda cute too, now. :grin:

Poison Drake

Before

After

The Battle God. Oh, God the Battle God was he a joy to work with. I certainly got lucky with his design. I didn’t have to restart 3 times! I hope this satisfies!

Battle God

Before

After

Blue Landfish. I tried. I really did. But this creature was just designed to look the way it was, and I don’t think that it should look any other way. Here’s my attempt, anyways.

Blue Landfish

Before

After

This looks nice! Although the moving animation looks like he’s dashing to the ground.

Wheeee * Booom *
In all seriousness, I agree that now it looks better facing upwards. Thanks!

Your new one is pretty nice, but I prefer the one before. Also, the moving phoenix looks like a twerking hyena.

I’ve never seen such a thing…

Yeah but now you do

Although I like the still sprite, the walking animation looks like he has legs, wtf?

Alright. FIxed it now. It had the too many pixels syndrome :grin:

It looks really good now, nice move!

Good! It now looks like a flying phoenix, not a twerking hyena. Good job and a :candy: for you!

These guys are all derpy looking.

Arent all of the dive pets looking bad?

Yeah, they kinda are.

Gotcha. Right now, I’m trying to remake the Drake. I think it’s safe to say that whomever did these the first time around had difficulties… It’s really, really hard not to make them look derpy :joy:

Alright, I got the purple drake done! Now, time to tackle a Battle God…

@StarliAS @Endertimes @Rammernaut @Cenamuch @Mynamerr
Alright, I got the Battle God! Whoo! Also, I just realized that pets actually have attacking animations. Never really paid attention to that, I usually only pay attention to their heals!

Nice! I think the drake is actually pretty good already, you made it worse. The battle god is spectacular though!

Nice sprites, but there’s no need to make attacking animations. Pets never use them, even if they have frames made for attacking and one of their abilities is attack-based.

@Cenamuch, thanks! I was pretty surprised by how it turned out as well! As for the Drake, you can’t win them all, I guess :sweat_smile:

@Toastrz, aww… and I have already made the sprites and all. Oh well, thanks for telling me!

The drake looks fine as it is, although I really like your sprite.

The battle god… I WANT ONE LIKE THIS PLEASE DECA?!

Don’t change our shatter fish.