Returned to rotmg and got a few questions.

Hello, returned to rotmg and got some questions, maybe someone can answer.

1. Is it still impossible to link my rotmg account to steam?

2)I noticed there was a fame rework and I lost my white star, I have never used discord and got my white star by rushing abysses mostly plus a few fame train chars early Kabam era. Is white star viable without doing discord exalting or is it just way too much slower?

3)Been running around for a while and realms seem pretty dead, is it just key poping nowadays?

4)What is up with people not going for free loot from Janus?

1. I don’t think so? I can’t confirm but I’ve heard no changes on the subject, nor have I heard any of my friends who play on the exalt client successfully transferring to stream. One day maybe…
  2. White Star is not a viable goal without discords in my opinion. I played for several months after the Star Rework came out and participated in a few cult fame runs every now and then (in addition to regular discord dungeon running during and not during events), currently at 85/90 stars (but haven’t played in months). You can get it in probably under a month if you really farm those fame cults, but I’d say it’s nearly impossible or would take a year+ without the use of raiding discords.
  3. Yes. Discord meta.
  4. Sometimes there’s an o3 event and they skip to ensure they can make it. In my experience Janus has always dropped me jank, so that may be a reason. Even ideally you can get what 1-2 rainbows and what many consider to be a trash UT shield, so many just skip over it because meh loot.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

Still viable IMO, but just… too slow compared to other methods like Discipile mentioned. Fame Cult (which a key popper modifies their LH keys to have XP boost upon killing minions) is one the meta methods to farm fames.

White star is viable but slower. In some ways it’s comparable to getting class quests pre-DECA, as you earn fame much more quickly now. Except you can no longer optimise your fame through fame bonuses to shortcut it - fame bonuses now are additive not multiplicative and only could towards death fame.

But it just means playing however you like and not dying. Just e.g. achieved 15k fame on my Necro by not dying for 2½ weeks. You have to hold off doing anything dangerous, including any exaltations you aren’t confident of (or just be ready with that Nexus button).

Eventually want to get my white star back this way. Sure I can get most of the way there; dagger classes will be worst as I find them harder to keep alive due to their squishy short range gameplay. By then though hopefully the Assassin rework and gear I find will make a difference.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I’ll try to get most of my stars back via realm gameplay and then have some side characters for cults/exalting if I ever feel like it.

Also was wondering if there are any plans on adding game modes for npe/ppe like solo self found in path of exile or ironman/hardcore ironman in runescape?

Yes. The ‘Seasons’ mentioned in the below post is I think meant to be something like this: a way to play with different constraints and goals, over a more medium timescale than current events/campaigns. Very light on details but I would think it will include NPE/PPE options, as a much requested feature.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.