Returning (?) Player

I’ve been playing on and off, but I haven’t really been immersed in any of the new updates since whatever the alien shit was during this MotMG. What’s been new since then (I’ve seen a lot of OP armors and stuff from the aliens and stuff), besides Unity because I’ve seen some update videos. Is it worth it for me to come back into this game?

Incomplete list of changes: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/release-history-2020
You can supplement what’s missing with the patch notes on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/RotMG/search?sort=new&restrict_sr=on&q=flair%3AOfficial%2BDeca

Summary of some major changes since aliens:

• some new types of events - for example, Keyper events involve the Keyper boss which can drop all event whites and spawns in the realm, Prismimic events involve the Prismimic duo that spawn after dungeons and can drop whites from many other dungeons including those from the Crystal Cavern, more events where shards/tokens drop that you can exchange at tinkerer or double-click with enough to get unique items, and it seems we’ve moved more towards 1.5x xp/loot events rather than chest events.
  • cem got reworked, now generally more loot but to finish the dungeon has been made harder
  • new STs, that are being released through a campaign system that basically means the earlier you want the STs since their release, the more $$$ you need to spend, after some time they do get released in dungeons though and supposedly at higher rates than STs used to drop.
  • also they turned 3 kabam ST sets into “legacy” ones that are still tradable, but don’t give ST bonus, then there’s new non-legacy ones with sometimes different stats that aren’t tradable. A bit confusing.
  • tinkerer quests/the quest chests were reworked and they’re a lot more interesting now, there are specific chests for each of the endgame dungeons including LH
  • speaking of LH the pot drops got nerfed hard, but LH tops drop frequency increased
  • same patch that did the above also changed dungeon cap to 65 and actually made the dungeon cap a hard one, so you can’t cram 100 people into one dungeon any more. You might want to read the patch notes for this one since there’s a lot of explanation (plus you can see the whites that got their drop chance increased): https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/f9sm8y/balance_changes_dungeon_cap_update/
  • I also recommend reading this patch notes: https://old.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/elscl2/patch_3241_upcoming_events/ because a bunch of stuff in the game was changed in this patch and it’s a really interesting read.
  • lastly Exalt is in supporter beta, will be open beta on April 15, it’s pretty neat

Might have missed some stuff, I’m not super active myself.

In my opinion:
It really depends on how you personally view the high frequency of events that Deca hosts, because that hasn’t changed and if anything has increased since. If that is something that drove you away from the game, then it will be tough to stick with the game even during Exalt (I presume the event frequency isn’t going to lower even after we’ve all moved to Exalt), because the fundamental issues will still be there.
If you love the high frequency of events, well you’re in luck, you’ll have a lot of events you can participate in.
And either way, I think the game will be a bit more captivating at least for a while if not for a long time after Exalt has released, since not only are there more players on now than a few months ago, but also the game generally plays a lot better with a lot less lag (as long as they fix some glaring bugs, but Exalt hasn’t even left supporter beta yet so hopefully they will fix it soon).

I think that either way, it is worth trying out the game and seeing if you have fun, just remember to keep watch on if it is addicting/bad for your own health or not.

Can someone fill me in

ctrl+f RIFTS in patch notes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.