Revising the purpose of greater potions

I may or may not be the only one who thinks it’s kind of strange that one of the hardest bosses in the game drops a potion that is pretty much 2 dexterity, except fit into one spot. By the time you get to that point and slaughter this beast, I highly doubt you’d really need +2 dex cuz you’re likely a maxed character, and most wouldn’t really, out of utility, keep that potion in their vault because it is so easy to farm dexterity in the first place. But that’s not really the main point.

I was kind of thinking of revising their purpose. Currently, they simply help halve your storage, but what if greater potions could take you further from the max limit? After all, when I first heard the term “greater potion”, the other initial guess I had was that it would be the new consumable potions after you have maxed a stat.

Basically, say your maxed dex is 75, then with greater dex potions, u can increase that by a further 5 or 10. Each greater dex only increases the stat by one point after the max limit, and consuming a greater dex before maxing would simply be the current effect: +2 dex. I am not entirely sure whether this would be game breaking, but if even harder content is pushed out and possibly, the elder realms, I think it would be a neat way to further expand the end-game and give players a stronger reason to complete any current and future dungeons that drop greater stat pots, rather than look at a pot and think “…yea this is just 2 wis combined into one potion”.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT EVER! YOU UNDERSTAND SOLDIER? actually don’t

Yeah, mentioning pservers is not allowed, due to them being against the ToS :P
You can still put something like “hint hint nudge nudge” in its place, though.

Eh, it seems…unbalanced, would be the word to describe it.

I do agree that just giving two in a stat instead of one isn’t as great a reward as you’d expect from that beeast of a bee.

Maybe the beework will beework the dead-bee-at potion to a more beelievable item from the nest.

I can’t beelieve you’re making bee puns.

CandyRBEE

Puns aside, this seems extremely overpowered. Perhaps the greater potions could be stacked, unlike other potions, to save space, and then consumed all at once? It would be easier since Unity won’t require every stack number to have a separate ID…

SCP reference?

no, he was talking about realm of the … you know what. that private server

The only way I could see the idea of pushing stats beyond the usual maximum working would be if every class’s maxed stats were nerfed, and the greater pots were the only way to get them up to the current maximum. Otherwise, it’s just going to make everybody more powerful, which the game can’t really take much more of.

I agree with this, with all the new items that significantly boost dps this would be too much. Maybe if elder realms were to come out the dungeons/gods would drops these greater pots and allow people to reach the current maxes, maybe only nerf the initial stats by -5/-7 ish

surprised we still haven’t gotten deca to nerf/nuke (depending on how bad it is) melees, bow classes (lel xd dbow is still pretty much the best bow in terms of accessibility v. viability), and wizard. Wizards largest downside should not be its inability to hit enemies that spawn/stop off of a tile, ffs, deca. Also, symbiotic ripper. Slower bullets would be more of an issue… if everything wasn’t already chasing me to begin with.

i literally like know like 0 pservers because of all the sensoring but…

imma have to disagree with this idea, seems like a power creep and even if you lower the other max stats, its annoying to have to do those things and store multiple types of each stat pot.

I think this purpose is just fine, although its drop locations are kinda shit.

true, although kinda off topic

not op, but the new spells kinda make up for its misaim weakness. I personally thinks its kinda bad, but thats just me.

not really, you basically said like half the classes as op, it should be the other way around on how daggers are weak.

But this is a totally different topic.

you said if every classes max stats got nerfed, and… some of these are most definitely not overpowered.

I love the idea! It reminds me of life fruits from terraria, which let the player attain life points beyond the old limit.

Well. Many people have compared this to … “hint hint, nudge nudge” … But in … “hint hint, nudge nudge” … don’t you only get the increased stats in … "hint hint … nudge nudge … … … ". Perhaps theses greater stats could only be used in the new endgame stuff while stuff has the old cap for current content.

thats true, but even if you think that some classes are weaker, with every class getting buffs, then the weaker ones would be similar to the stronger class.

YES, SIR! WILL NOT REPEAT, SIR! MY BAD, SIR!

All jokes aside I honestly didn’t know they were against ToS, I’ll try to keep the gaping hole under my nose shut.

ill tell you it through private discord dm. my discord dm is dragonrage#1223. ill tell you name if you want.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.