Reviving the arena and new event boss idea!

So, I know I’m pretty much kidna sorta not really famous for the “Making Backpacks Unsoulbound/Daily rewards rant” thingy. Actually its more infamy than famous. So anyways, I got a lot of negative comments on that rant, which was, to tell the truth, me complaining like a brat over the daily rewards (I know I’m gonna get a quote on this :confused: )

So I had an idea, which was briefly mentioned but only one person paid attention to it. Backpacks dropping from the arena.

The Arena

Random stuff

The arena is a not really frequently used part of the nexus. The only times I know that it was booming was when it was first released, and when the gladiator event was present. But it should be more than just that. It should be a fun (but safe) way to challenge your limits, and also a viable source for cool items. You already do get some pot drops from here, but that’s so minimal it’s not worth mentioning.

I had an idea so that 1 backpack drops at round 30 ish. Seems too weak? Try actually going into the arena; not a lot of people have since the gladiator event. I believe that there are no pets allowed in the arena, and they haven’t changed that, which is really good; it would provide more of a challenge to get your hard earned backpack.

This way, the arena will add as a buffer between having 5000 mules with backpacks (which is overpowered), and having skilled players who don’t spend lots of money on the game (not that you don’t spend ANY at all, just that you don’t have lots of chances to buy gold; like me) an opportunity to get backpacks, which are probably the most valuable consumable in game.

TL;DR: Basically, with my idea, backpacks will drop from the arena. It will still cost 250 fame to enter, no pets will be allowed, making it a challenge to get a backpack; mediocre and advanced players will be able to get it, with more backpacks the more you progress (more on that later below). This also acts as a barrier from mules getting backpacks too easily; if your mule is skilled enough to get to round 30, it’s technically more like a secondary than an actual mule.

Mechanics and stuff

This will be shorter than the last one, I promise.

Basically, upon reaching round 30, your long awaited backpack drops. But don’t nexus just yet! If you survive to round 40, you get another backpack. And again at 50. And again at 60. And so on.

To be honest, all my arena attempts ended in dc before i even got to round 7, so I’m not sure how hard the arena is at round 30, 40 50, etc. All I know is from watching youtuber’s videos, that it gets pretty damn insane around 40. I set it at 30 so that mediocre players will actually have a chance to get a backpack.

Is this idea too overpowered? Let me know in the comments!

Will work on new event boss later: WIP, the Corrupted Adventurer

Side note: with Realm’s magical theme and all, it just doesn’t fit for a backpack. Knapsacks were common back then, but the first backpack was made in 1952(correct if wrong, did 5 second research on wikipedia). So, I’ve decided to make the event boss from “another world” and “corrupted by oryx” and all that lore shit. And the arena is fine for random items to drop from. Not a lot of things in realm make sense. This may seem contradictory, but I just want things to make sense in Oryx’s realm. Seems the only real thing around here.

Explaination, lore and shit

It would make sense for the Arena to drop things instead of inside the realm as it would be like giving off prizes for those that provide the best entertainment for the spectators in the arena. Also, my theory is that the nexus is actually from the future, or a parallel universe, where there was a fusion of magic and technology, but was forced to evacuate due to a Dark entity called the Void Spirit, to an artificially constructed place called the Nexus, which was taken out of time and space, where it was safe. Now, brave adventurers go to try to save their planet in their universe from the void spirit, by traveling back in time to defeat the void spirit, in an endless battle against him and his minions. Over time, the people from the future forgot their knowledge of their technology, and reverted to the old bows and swords of Realm’s time. However, they did not forget their knowledge of magic. So, this is basically my take on lore and stuff.

Edit 1: Made lore.

You can use pets in Arena, ffs do some research omfg #triggered

Wut? Last I checked you can’t use pets in the arena. Ah well, it was probably only in the event. But it still is a good idea to not use pets in the arena; maybe it can be like LOD; black for harder, but better rewards. No pets for backpacks, with pets for no backpacks.

People are still using hashtags? That’s so old omfg #Dissapointed

Make it a Hardcore Arena besudes the normal arena, where no pets are allowed? Besides that, yeah, this could be a good Idea, especially as a reward for people who does wrll in arena, hence reviving the arena. I would make it Soulbound, tho. Is it?

I assume your talking about the backpacks, and they are already soulbound so I guess deca wouldn’t need to change anything with backpacks if they implemented this.

Make what soulbound?

^^what spixer said. I was thinking about how the backpack hasn’t been elaborated on its SB status. If it is SB by default, then no problems here

1. Disappointed

Idea of dropping backpacks in the Arena might be good if it is implemented the right way

What would you suggest to make it balanced?

Ok, I have a lot of stuff to say to this, but I’m only going to say a few.

1. Love the random drop idea
  • I like the whole “The area will drop things such as backpakcs” and such. Makes it much easier on us players that don’t really like to buy things nor have to wait a while for events that hold free slots/vaults/etc.
  1. I like it how after a little while, you get that one special item, but continue to get it after that specified round, making it much easier after you’ve done the harder part. Also, it would be cool if you were able to get other such items like pet food, maybe dyes, and possibly character slots/vaults later?

2. At least someone cares about the arena! Almost every time I go over there (Which is usually every few days), I only ever see 2 or 3 peeps that have actually tried in a while, while the rest are just random characters with 00:00 time.

Character slots and vaults seem way too overpowered. Maybe round 200, where nobody will get there? :wink: Dyes, at progressive rounds, such as every 5 rounds and pet food (superburger) every 20 rounds seems like a good idea. But the backpack cycle is once every 10 rounds, but that’s ONLY starting at 30. Getting to round 5-10 should be easy, giving new players chances for dyes; its a good idea, i should add that. But not now, too lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

-> #StopUsingHashtags

To the topic [quote=“HerpDerryO, post:1, topic:11772”]
I believe that there are no pets allowed in the arena
[/quote]

Really? I feel like pets are allowed in arenas.

Month of the Mad God, Calendar Rewards, the fact that you keep getting backpacks in mystery boxes

In your idea, also state that you want to change the name to “Backpack Arena”. Seriously, can’t you get other stuff from this arena? And how will you get the backpack? Will it appear in your gift chests?

Read the other comments above .-.

Edit:[quote=“Cenamuch, post:13, topic:11772”]
Month of the Mad God, Calendar Rewards, the fact that you keep getting backpacks in mystery boxes
[/quote]

Read my other post, making backpacks unsoulbound? This idea is for those that don’t have money. If you haven’t noticed, motmg is once a year, calendar rewards are unreliable, and mystery boxes cost gold, and is also unreliable for backpacks. this was meant for a reliable opportunity for f2p players.

You obviously haven’t been in the arena. At the end of each round (right now, the arena), a purple bag drops in the middle with your prize (not guaranteed every round). And please read the other comments I’ve been exchanging with reviewers; I’ve agreed that putting dyes and pet food in the arena as drops along with backpacks and today’s current prizes(random unsoulbounded potions, including life). Rewards at the end of each round are not guaranteed; only backpacks have fixed drops. So no, it’s not “Backpack Arena” Jeez, check your facts.

You didn’t say that in your post, why do I have to read every comment? You are implying that backpacks are the main reward in your original post.

Too lazy to read 12 comments? Seriously, are you that lazy so that you don’t to research? I’m just saying, check your facts. The old rewards would obviously still drop; its just a rework idea and adding items, not replacing items, ffs.

Well, if there’s a change or addition of clarification, I would add it to the main post. It just makes the Idea generally easier to understand and tidier.

Why are you aggressive? Not everyone reads all the comments, it’s not being lazy. I’m just going off what I read in the main post, not checking each and every comment isn’t lazy. Maybe edit your post and say what you said in the comments, there everyone can see.