Reworked Demon Blade idea (Rough)

Demon Blade

A swift and hungry blade not satisfied with just one kill.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Damage: 90-270
  • Number of Shots: 1
  • Firing Rate: 90%, up to 200%
  • Duration of effect: 5 Seconds.
  • Cooldown: 1 Second after RoF reset
  • Range: 3.75
  • Stat Bonus: None
  • Special properties: Every consecutive, damage dealing hits increases firing rate by 10%, up to 200%. Resets after 5 seconds of no hits or with a missed shot.
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 800

Drops From:

• Malaphas
  • Golden Idol

More info

A Demon Blade rework that fits its description and is NOT made vestigial by the pixie sword.

The Demon Blade is a classic item that was around in the game for a very long time. I’m all for a damage buff and such, since the Pixie’s far superior in weapon standards, but I’d honestly hate to see it have a “special property” like the new alien gear. Such a huge change wouldn’t really be favored by the community, especially the long-time veterans.

dblade>pixie when both shots hit actually

Demon Blade deals a total of 325 damage.
Pixie-Enchanted Sword deals a total of 330 damage.
DBlade<Pixie

Dblade actually does outdamage pixie after enemy defense starts to rise.

However, this does not mean that dblade is more practical, even for those situations-- hitting both shots with dblade is incredibly difficult when an enemy is moving/shooting, and three shots from pixie (which is what a semi-competent player usually manages in most scenarios) outdamages one shot from dblade. Combine that with the pixie’s longer range, and pixie becomes far more effective in most scenarios.

I think you insulted me without even trying to. :flushed:

i did some boilerplate math to see roughly how this sword actually matches up, because it is pretty interesting!

For all melees, it seems that at rest, this deals 65% the DPS of an Acclaim, and is able to deal up to 145% the DPS of an Acclaim at max ramp.

The viability of this sword comes down to two possible situations:

Situation A: Bursting Low HP Mobs

In the case where you are up against a very low health pool, Acclaim will tend to do better than DBlade as it can deal more DPS while DBlade is still ramping up. The exact amount of damage is specific for each class:

Warrior: 6000 HP
Warrior (Berserk): 6000 HP
Knight: 4500 HP
Paladin: 4500 HP
Paladin (Damaging): 6750 HP

The threshold at which Acclaim is better than DBlade directly scaled on the Attack Damage Multiplier which depends on the ATT stat and the presence of Curse, Expose, Damaging, and/or Armor Break.

Situation B: Continuous DPS

This is the much more common case, where you are up against a large HP pool such as a boss. Typically, DBlade will outshine Acclaim as the user can spend a much longer amount of time at maximum RoF.

Based on speculation, it seems that Acclaim’s DPS is roughly equal to that of a ramping DBlade. Therefore, the viability of DBlade vs Acclaim comes down to the amount of time you spend resting vs. maxed RoF. As the ramp resets on a missed shot, this will depend greatly on one’s ability to kite/track the boss in a continuous manner.

Sheet of Calculations:

90-270 Damage means an average of 180 DMG, with a variance of 50% (+/- 90 dmg).
90% - 200% Fire Rate, with 10% FR increase per hit. 
This means it takes 11 hits to ramp to max.

Maxed Warrior
    200% Damage

5.83 Attacks Per Second (Base)
    5.247 Attacks Per Second (Resting RoF)
    11.66 Attacks Per Second (Maximum RoF)

26 Attacks until Effect Reset (Resting RoF)
    58 Attacks until Effect Reset (Maximum RoF)

2.09 Seconds to Fully Ramp (Assuming Resting RoF)

360 DMG * 5.247 APS = 1888 Average DPS (DBlade Resting)
    360 DMG * 11.66 APS = 4176 Average DPS (DBlade Maxed)
    495 DMG * 5.83 APS  = 2885 Average DPS (Acclaim)

At rest, DBlade does roughly 65% of an Acclaim's DPS, while worse against DEF.
    At max, DBlade does roughly 144% of an Acclaim's DPS, while more than doubly worse against DEF.

Assuming Acclaim roughly matches the damage output of a ramping DBlade,
    Acclaim will be better against any enemy that can be killed within the ramping time.
    2.09 * 2885 = 6029 HP or Below, Acclaim is better.

Maxed Warrior (Berserk)
    200% Damage

8.75 Attacks Per Second (Base)
    7.875 Attacks Per Second (Resting RoF)
    17.5 Attacks Per Second (Maximum RoF)

39 Attacks until Effect Reset (Resting RoF)
    87 Attacks until Effect Reset (Maximum RoF)

1.39 Seconds to Fully Ramp (Assuming Resting RoF)

360 DMG * 7.875 APS = 2835 Average DPS (DBlade Resting)
    360 DMG * 17.5 APS  = 6300 Average DPS (DBlade Maxed)
    495 DMG * 8.75 APS  = 4331 Average DPS (Acclaim)

At rest, DBlade does roughly 65% of an Acclaim's DPS, while being worse against DEF.
    At max, DBlade does roughly 145% of an Acclaim's DPS, while being more than doubly worse against DEF.

Acclaim will be better against any enemy that can be killed within the ramping time.
    1.39 * 4331 = 6020 HP or Below, Acclaim is better.

Maxed Knight
    150% Damage
    5.83 Attacks Per Second
    5.247 Attacks Per Second (Resting RoF)
    11.66 Attacks Per Second (Maximum RoF)

26 Attacks until Effect Reset (Resting RoF)
    58 Attacks until Effect Reset (Maximum RoF)

2.09 Seconds to Fully Ramp (Assuming Resting RoF)

270 DMG * 5.247 APS = 1416 Average DPS (DBlade Resting)
    270 DMG * 11.66 APS = 3148 Average DPS (DBlade Maxed)
    371 DMG * 5.83 APS  = 2162 Average DPS (Acclaim)

At rest, DBlade does roughly 65% of an Acclaim's DPS, while being worse against DEF.
    At max, DBlade does roughly 145% of an Acclaim's DPS, while being more than doubly worse against DEF.

2.09 * 2162 = 4518 HP or Below, Acclaim is better.

Maxed Paladin
    150% Damage
    5.4 Attacks Per Second
    4.86 Attacks Per Second (Resting RoF)
    10.8 Attacks Per Second (Maximum RoF)

24 Attacks until Effect Reset (Resting RoF)
    54 Attacks until Effect Reset (Maximum RoF)

2.26 Seconds to Fully Ramp (Assuming Resting RoF)

270 DMG * 4.86 APS = 1312 Average DPS (DBlade Resting)
    270 DMG * 10.8 APS = 2916 Average DPS (DBlade Maxed)
    371 DMG * 5.4 APS  = 2003 Average DPS (Acclaim)

2.26 * 2003 = 4526 HP or Below, Acclaim is better.

Maxed Paladin (Damaging)
    225% Damage
    5.4 Attacks Per Second
    4.86 Attacks Per Second (Resting RoF)
    10.8 Attacks Per Second (Maximum RoF)

24 Attacks until Effect Reset (Resting RoF)
    54 Attacks until Effect Reset (Maximum RoF)

2.26 Seconds to Fully Ramp (Assuming Resting RoF)

405 DMG * 4.86 APS = 1968 Average DPS (DBlade Resting)
    405 DMG * 10.8 APS = 4374 Average DPS (DBlade Maxed)
    556 DMG * 5.4 APS  = 3002 Avergae DPS (Acclaim)

2.26 * 3002 = 6784 HP or Below, Acclaim is better.

Overall, I’m quite surprised at how balanced the tradeoff is between this sword and its tiered counterpart! This has the potential to be an interesting, yet VERY powerful UT. It might be a little too strong, but I think that the need to hit every consecutive shot to stay in ramp gives it a very high skill ceiling to use. There’s another UT sword with a similar paradigm of “high skill, high DPS” which is the Sword of the Colossus. I’m not quite sure how this stacks up against that weapon, I’d have to run some more numbers.

Also, I’m quite bad at aiming.

You should make it 120%!

Is the duration how long the projectile stays in flight? Because if so, it is an incredibly slow projectile x3

I think there needs to be some information on the speed of the projectile, as it makes the difference between a broken weapon and an unusable weapon. If the shot speed is fast then it will be easy to land shots and the penalty of starting up the “ramp up” again will be less encountered. A slow shot speed will lead to missing a lot of shots unless the boss is stationary (like with ripper).

I apologize for the unclear status! 5 seconds is how long the sword, without being shot, will maintain its fire rate change. I hope that clarifies it a bit!

The only reason for the property is the swords description! I sorta see it like getting into a killing fervor, and going crazy!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.