Reworking the Knight

###Blocking

With this proposed change, Shields would no longer grant Def just by wearing them. Instead, the player must hold down their ability key, consuming mana over time, in order to gain the listed Def bonus.

###Shield Bash

When the ability key is released, the player will use their Shield as normal. However, the projectiles fired will now have their range modified depending on how long the player was ‘Blocking’ beforehand.

For example, if the player does not hold down their ability key before using their Shield, they will very little range on their Shield Bash. However, if the player holds down their ability key for 8 seconds, they may have a longer range than the current Shield Bash.

###Example:
####Mithril Shield

Tier: 5
Mp Cost (When Held): 40 Mp/s
When Held: +16 Def
Mp Cost (When Released): 100
Shots: 5
Damage: 270-330 (1500)
Range: 1.5 + seconds held/4
Effect: Stun for 3 seconds

###Do you like these changes?

• Yes
  • No
  • Yes, but it needs some work

0 voters

I don’t think the shield should get a rework. It is already fine as it is.
Plus this ruins Knights for new players. They could possibly only use it twice, and never get that bonus defense because their pet isn’t good enough.
Even when they do use it twice, they have to let good as fast as they can so they don’t use that extra 40 mana, which is a staggering 1.5 range.
As for people with really high Divine pets, (me) you could have so much defense and the release is basically nothing because you will be holding it for another couple seconds to get that second stun out.

I really don’t like this idea, it is also a bit complicated for an ability.
It also makes the Knight wayyyyyy too similar to the Ninja in terms of how the ability works.

Knight is already balance

But why?
A.k.a please explain how you came up with this idea

It’d be a great idea for a new heavy armour class. I do like the simplicity of the current knight’s spacebar-bashing though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.