RichGold Analysis #1-Spells

Yeah, I hope to do more of these.
Anyways, here’s an analysis of each spell. Enough said, let’s jump in.

So here’s basically all the spells, from eledet to peneblast.

EleDet has
80-165 (122.5) damage per shot and
1600-3300 (2450) damage overall, factoring in the MP cost of 80 MP, that’s
20-41.25 (30.625) damage/mp.

Old Tablet had
85-125 (105) damage per shot and
1700-2500 (2100) damage overall, MP cost is 120, so,
14.1666-20.8333 (17.5) damage/mp

Tablet has
260-280 (275) damage per shot and
3900-4200 (4050) damage overall from 15 shots, MP cost is 120, so,
32.5-35 (33.75) damage/mp

Recurring has
200-300 (250) damage per shot and
1600-2400 (2000) damage overall, with an MP cost of 75, meaning
21.333-32 (26.666) dmg/mp

ST spell has
53-115 (84) damage per shot and
1060-2300 (1680) damage overall, MP cost of 80 means that
13.25-28.75 (21) dmg/mp

Vitamine has
0-210 (105) damage per shot
0-4200 (2100) overall damage, mp cost is 75, and so
0-56 (28) dmg/mp

Jade Storm has
475-900 (687.5) damage per shot and
2375-4500 (3437.5) damage overall, 175 MP means
13.57-25.71 (19.64) dmg/mp

Finally, PeneBlast has
60-90 (75) damage average per shot
1200-1800 (1500) damage overall, meaning
18.46-27.69 (23.07) damage average

Here’s all the avg dmg/mp put together:
Tablet: 33.5
EleDet: 30.625
Vitamine: 28
Parasite: 26.666
Penetrating Blast: 23.07
ST Spell: 21
Jade: 19.64
Old Tablet: 17.5

Tablet has better average damage now than eledet! Wowza!
IHAVE WAITED TWOYEARS FOR THISDAY111!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!
Anyways, in all seriousness Tablet is very usable as a sniper spell or a Parasite spell to use on stationary enemies. Very effective for killing bosses that don’t move around much (I killed Limon in record time with this)

Jade Storm, having very high MP and piercing enemies, has a low MP/dmg ratio, to be expected I suppose.
And EleDet is most efficient, with Vitamine coming in close (but Vitamine has really unpredictable damage, it’s a big gamble, you can hit the jackpot with 56 dmg/mp, nearly twice that of EleDet, or you can flop and do no damage, or anything in between)
And parasite spell, easy to aim and the shots do stick around, but less dmg/mp than eledet.
(ST spell beats eledet at 39 def)

So therefore, the spells seem quite balanced to me. Each one has a unique purpose, whether to pierce through enemies or snipe high-def enemies, or to make it easier to aim, or even to take a gamble on.

Jade Storm… is strange. It has the general concept of parasite spell in that it’s a spell that inflicts damage over a lower area, but has unique properties. Jade Storm seems useful for shredding a lot of enemies in a concentrated area, while parasite’s useful for aiming, making the shots more likely to hit.

Btw vitamine shots move slower making it easier to hit more enemies sometimes (by request of Skandling)

By request of DemonDeath I’ll add the analysis for the PeneBlast. Wow… did not expect it to be this high up! It actually is very effective mp/dmg wise and it’s very spammable. Definitely a highly usable spell, and good for crowd clearing. Might it outclass Jade Storm? I would personally say so.

To be continued… Spells DMG/MP with Def factored in.

heck i dont have any of these LUL

good analysis tho uwu

Nice job. :slight_smile:
just out of interest did I slightly influence your tablet opinion? OwO

I was gonna complain that Jade Storm looks a bit wierd in that list, but thinking about it, it makes sense given its stupidly high MP cost.

You have not taken into account all the differences. Vitamine Buster the shots are similar to other Spells except they are much slower. As they still travel a fair distance this means they stay around for longer, often to good effect.

Recurring Terror’s parametric shots also stay around for longer and pass through obstacles, giving them much more chance to hit something if you don’t make a direct hit. Fewer shots means it does more damage per shot, good for overcoming armour of high def enemies without giving up as much damage/MP as the ST Spell or Jade Storm.

Both VB and RT Spells have stat bonuses, more useful ones than those usually available with ability items.

What about eledeto? Can’t forget that oh-so-useful +2 vit and wis

I did note the stat bonuses of Ele Det in the same sentence. Yes, so useful, for the only robe class without wismod.

Yes, my apologies for that.

Also, what does Recurring Terror’s “pierce through obstacles” even mean? I’ve mained that spell for nearly half a year and I still haven’t figured out what it does (beyond the boomeranging projectiles and awesome damage)\

Obstacles is things like bushes, trees. So if you use it in the highlands around godlands you won’t lose efficiency due to the many obstacles there. It does not mean go through walls such as dungeon and set piece walls. Nor does it mean pierce enemies – each shot damages one enemy then vanishes.

Ah, and it doesn’t go through breakable walls either. I see.
Useful for them EVASIVE MANEUVERS situations

Breakable walls count as targets so you hit one the shot is used up. It behaves like tiered spells with a direct hit, including on walls; all shots hit at once for maximum damage. The high per-shot damage makes it better for high def but I don’t recall any walls having high def, just lots of HP.

yeah I figured this out too

uh what

you posted on this a while back

Fun fact: inflicting status effects on the Parasite Chambers’ tentacle-walls makes them permanently attached to them. I think this has to do with walls being some sort of semi-enemy-but-not-really.
/off-topic

Slightly I guess. I have a hella lot of experience with tablet (first event white I ever got, one of the first whites I got in general tbh)

oi, where’s the analysis on the piercing spell? everyone thinks it’s shit (can neither confirm nor deny as I have yet to loot one, seems ideal for glands tho) and… I just don’t see that.

Working on it!

EDIT: Done, PeneBlast is a lot better than I thought! 23 dmg/mp puts it over ST spell and Jade Storm!
In my opinion it outclasses Jade, and it’s pretty good. I wish I had one to test it out though.

People are really critical of all the thicket whites but I think they’re quite usable. Staff is both aesthetically be-yoo-ti-full along with being a fun item to use and the spell seems really good for crwod clearing.

The staff is sadly the only white I’ve managed to get my hands on, (currently using/enjoying it on a mystic that isn’t even quite maxed, I imagine it’d be quite easy to solo avatar+ shatters if I could also get my hands on staff of unholy sacrifice) but I’d like to get both of the other two whites to see how baseless (or accurate) my presumptions about both the skull and the spell are. From what I can tell, most people did the thickets solely for the staff. It’s not a terrible amount of damage, but there’s plenty of areas with low-defense mobs that this would help, not to mention the +2 atk and, more over, the +40 hp.

From my personal analysis of the spell, (sadly, without one to test) that feels like a very reasonable conclusion to come to, looking forward to more ability analyses. =)

I was fortunate enough to acquire the staff in the first Thicket I ever did; I put it on a wizard and it seems to do quite well. Even if it’s not better than Cosmic for some situations, I still use it because its beautiful <3

PeneBlast is definitely usable. The fact that’s its so spammable and actually does decent damage makes it definitely on par with other top spells like Eledet, Parasite and New Tablet.

In my opinion, Jade is outclassed now actually, and ST spell as well. Although… that’s fine by me. STs shouldn’t be that broken. I think I’ll just sell my ST spell and convert it to some life to max another 8/8.

Oh yeah, I’ll defintely try to make more analyses, not just of abilities but of stuff in general.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.