RIFT Season 1 over & Prismimic & Patch Notes 32.0.3

Modern Oryx 2 is overpowered as hell if you’re not savvy enough to cheese it.

Throw no pets into the mix and you’ve got a nice recipe for disaster.

I can’t be the only one who saw that coming.

Yet all these forum posters keep asking for those melee nerfs and ignore all the evidence.

it doesnt really mean much, it was just a competition of playing a ton rather than skill based. I suicided my knight in lava when i saw how flawed the game mode was

Only took 30k fame to realize, huh ;3

Out of curiosity, how much did you play during the event? I notice a reoccurring pattern with you having no idea what you’re talking about.

hey man i was tired af lol and said im going to sleep this guy can win lol I was rank 2 and I really wanted to get rank 1 but when I saw how he was playing I quit pretty much

Every oryx 2 I did on challenger died in less than 5 minutes

Spoken like a true white star. And that is not a smarmy insult either, I actually mean this.

What is this new event?

I mean, it’s still hella easy. If my ugly ass can do it with a 0/8 paladin with a T8 sword, T3 seal, T8 armor then anyone can do it. That’s just my thought though. I do get your point though. A lot of people really can’t play as well without their precious Heal and Mheal.

How do you make everything about the melee nerfs?

“Oryx 2 is too difficult without pets for me, that means melee’s aren’t too strong”

It doesn’t even relate at all. You’re really reaching

Enough to get the rewards and not a second longer.

Death time isn’t the issue.

We have a statistic. Less than 30% of players got Tunnel Rat.

It’s highly implied that even fewer completed Last Call.

This suggests that
A. People were not capable of doing Oryx 2.
B. People were too lazy to do Oryx 2.

There are several issues with the modern Oryx 2.

The exploding suns can ohko your char and you almost always have to take damage.

The chase phase is also unbearable with a small group and no trickster.

Yes, there’s not a direct comparison. I was just saying that Deca has been focusing on a select few players and needs to keep in mind the discord players are in the minority.

This one piece of data reinforces the point that the general population is not full of steamrolling discord users.

Not saying you aren’t wrong about O2’s sun phase needing a nerf, but the classes IMO that suffer the most in there are trix trickster and rog rogue; their lower HP than the sworders give them as tough a time, so that’s not only a melee thing. And chase phase in a small/weak group: best tactic is drag O2 to the (cleared) central corridor and you can damage him and heal up at your leisure.

On the Tunnel Rat Marks: for what it’s worth I saw more people saying they needed a Geb mark, due to fame farmers not wishing to go into tombs after they’d maxed. On the last day it was far harder to get a tomb done than an O2 mark. And tomb a tougher dungeon/as reliant on a big/good group to complete as WC.

It’s a leap to assume the 30% Tunnel Rat stat means fewer people achieved Last Call; many may have opted for only LC, due to it offering something guaranteed & unique (the skin) versus only a promise dangled of scalable reward for TR, and O2 being straightforward to farm 5x of. That was my strategy, doing LC first, to get that in the bag, before I knew whether I was going to commit to playing further.

Being 0/8 was a far bigger factor than being melee or not in WC, for the rushing which is perilous on most classes until you have some pots drunk. I found it charming/delusional that people thought players would go back to the full clear WC strat. HP scale means it’s better/more efficient to let the 0/8 passengers die & nexus to remove their HP scale contribution; a sad state for a theoretical co-op game to have got itself into.

Knowing now what I know about the season, a melee was the best choice to make, since the meta was so much being in a large mob of players, there was little point being on yet-another-ranged class in the mix.
warr Warrior was the most useful due to getting between event spawns the fastest, & pala Paladin desirable for the group buff. Had I known then what I know now I’d have made one of those two, or a sam samurai to contribute exposed, though I’d have disliked the low spd he has. But I was given false info that it was ‘old’ O2, so chose sorc sorcerer due to thinking I’d end up having to solo things after everyone died off, and also I guess hacked client players cheating extra lives meant the attrition rate wasn’t very noticeable.

just gonna mention that I like the little class pictures you added.

Trying to make the walls of text a little less 'wall’y. :blush:

Shit talks the mode
Didn’t max any stats presumably
Wonders why o2 is a pain.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the complete opposite is true. One piece of data (you) does not disprove the “steamrolling discord users” hypothesis. If you actually, y’know, played the mode, you’d have realized that the game had become a steamrolling group of discord users rolling over o2s every 10 minutes.

Just noticed this.

Lol I’m blind ty

So I finally returned to realm and I see there is a new dungeon event.
So I log on to USEast and I get into a wlab, the first event boss thing I get a Bulwark!?
Is this normal? Is bulwark’s rarity nerfed? Or am I super lucky?

It is called the Prismimic, and yes it is a new event. You can read more about it here: RIFT Season 1 over & Prismimic & Patch Notes 32.0.3

It drops most of the whites from godlands dungeons and a very high rate (from my experience), including the Bulwark. So, if you always wanted to try one but never got it to drop, now is your chance! Feels a bit dirty to me since it used to be an exceptionally rare item, but shug.

Welcome back to realm! Depending on how long you have been away, a lot of things have changed… And there is an upcoming balance patch you can read about that will be a drastic change, too!

Main menu graphic from the now ended Prismimic event:

Prismimic%20Master

I’m not sure the Prismimic was much of an improvement over a standard chest event to be honest. With only low scaling and no ‘buffing’ mechanic it was a piñata in group sizes of 30+, but a bit of a chore to fight in small groups or solo, where it actually could pose a bit of a threat. Personally I found that drove me away from wanting to do it in small groups/solo, which isn’t usually true if it’s done with a plain chest.

New patch topic: Patch Notes 32.0.4 - RIFTs Season 2, upcoming events and more