Rifts Mad Pass Info and new Community Manager!

Copied from a Reddit post:

Wait silex was the old one right? If so what happened to him

Here’s a quick overview of each quest: its number, requirements, and reward.

Too late I already wrote out a post-it note for my reference! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW the pass is 1199 gold in the shop:

Players: DECA is slowly ruining RotMG

DECA: Let’s quicken the pace, shall we?

Do you have any specific changes to the XP system in mind? Because aside from a hard cap on the amount of playtime an account can do, or some kind of enforced diminished returns the longer an account plays with no break, it’s always going to be about who plays most efficiently (or simply the most). Though if the upcoming season features Parasite Chambers keys, it could be all about who buys the most keys. Which is hardly an improvement.

Maybe things would be better if autonexus were not a thing, since many players would burn through their lives and get Game Overed, reducing competition for the lesser placings, though the top would still be about no-lifeing it.

Wdym?

Compared to pets and chests this is a good revenue method

Yeah, sure. It’s more fair, I guess. But it still bugs me that people could always use money to get ahead in-game, and DECA just pushed it with this Pass.

It was always like this, and I know it’s not DECA’s fault. It’s still irritating, though.

DECA also made the gap between those who payed and those who didn’t smaller when they started handing out free vault chests and character slots (and pet food, too). They haven’t been all bad in this regard, even if it appears this way now.

People blaming Deca for ruining the game, nah Deca is doing a good job, they’re just trying to deal with all the aftereffects of Kabam’s crap job with this game.

Kabam weren’t the ones who ruined the drop rates by balancing the game around chest events

Fair, I’m thinking more along the lines of the spaghetti code and pets, chest events are Deca’s fault but most of what they’ve done I appreciate

I definitely agree; chest events have been a… recurring disaster that DECA has continued for far too long, but that’s really their only major issue. Pretty much everything else so far has been healthy for the game.

how does chest events reck the game

They cause everyone to farm one dungeon in excess, leading to economic imbalance and a lack of players in the realm (people tend to just sit in servers and wait for other players to pop long chains). People also spend a ton of time farming the dungeons and get bored, leading them to quit playing realm as much (making our community smaller).

That’s not the entire story, but you get the idea.

Overall I think the direction of the game is good and think they’re doing a good job too. I just want a competitive game mode that is primarily skill based. Only thing I really want atm

I am mindblown they’d make the mode even longer though for a pass. Like I get it, it’s an easy way to get people to start getting gold. But people getting hospitalized isn’t something to just completely ignore either. I just also feel like making the mode skill based would lessen the chance of that happening / there wouldn’t be as much an emphasis on the “you need to play 2 days straight to keep up no matter what” then you could also make the mode super long aswell if it’s made right

I like rifts, but this season has been pure dog shit so far. Everyone is so fucking weak and unpotted that we can’t even finish cems, OT or tomb. Let alone O2, especially because nobody ever has a damn inc.

That’ll do…that’ll do…

ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.