RIFTS: On Thin Ice [Dec 12th to 17th]

Copied from Official Deca post on Reddit:

It’s live already (started about an hour or two ago). The exact deadline according to the main menu countdown is: December 17, 2019 12:09 PM (UTC), December 17, 2019 1:09 PM (Europe: Brussels), December 17, 2019 7:09 AM (America: New York), December 17, 2019 4:09 AM (America: Los Angeles), December 17, 2019 11:09 PM (Australia: Canberra)

News item graphic for this one:

Also main menu screen:

And there was a hype message a few minutes before it launched:

What are the stats of Esben’s items?

From the code:

The robe does 10% chance to Slow enemies within 6 tiles for 4 seconds when you take damage (5 sec cooldown), +11 DEF, +30 HP, +5 ATT, 5%, 800fp (white bag)

The ring does +60 HP, +60 MP, +10 ATT, -5 DEF, 5%, 800fp (white bag)

This Rifts season is pretty good, really. The effort they put into making it unique shows, Jack is also a really fun boss and marks aren’t impossible to get.

Thank god for no Skuld marks required for the Mad God Pass. Doing Haunted Cemeteries were a nightmare last time.

this rifts season was WAY too easy. completed all quests in 3 hours and got epic trickster set

completed it eh, why not buy the Battle Pass to upgrade your well deserved winnings

cries in Kongregate account

About that…

the robe is trash not even worth buying

“You can create 24 more characters”

…nobody got the ref ?

Explain

you also get 10 level 20 potions with 5 at an easy repeatable

references aside who the fuck is gonna get 24 characters jumped in 5 days by Jack Frost

I died 10 times before actually making a character that survived and got level 20

…on thin ice…snow mans…christmas day…

This Rifts was fun for a more casual feel, the Jack Frost enemy (build using clothing from dungeon bosses plus body from a godlands snowman, fight it - a good fight: not OP but don’t be casual or you’d die, then it spawns 3x pseudo-chests which offer dungeon boss loot matching the clothing used) was a simple way to change things up a little, and it felt better than chests in dungeons since you had an input into which loot could appear. Sure there was a lot of leeching but that’s Rotmg; if players were happy to stand there gaining 0XP that’s fine by me.

Jack Frost screenshot:

A snowman under construction:

The winter feel in the realm with the snowmen enemies covering the terrain in snow I thought was a really great concept, the longer it stayed open the snowier it got, and I hope to see that again in other winter events.

(snowy minimaps, and a snowy parasite place):
image image

The Tinkerer quests were straightforward, and having the marks available as loot from the Jack Frost fight made it even simpler. A good move, I think. And greater pots from enemies was appropriate choice for the shorter season IMO, so we weren’t diverted from Jack Frost while trying to complete many Tombs etc.

Negatives: same as previously, it is still annoying to miss out on the superhigh XP from bosses due to misjudging/wrong guessing which side of the enemy the killing shot will come from.

If a ‘dying phase’ is too much work to program in, a second best solution could be if high fame bosses drop a consumable XP item that awards the fame? Downside would be leechers ofc get rewarded more than now, but strong upside in removing the “am I standing near the killer” lottery. It could be same as how old amulet changed into, an item that can’t be taken from the boss room. I saw a couple of OTs where people were shouting at others to stay on the same side of boss, so it isn’t just me annoyed by this. Or don’t have such high fame enemies in the first place, anyway fix the problem somehow, please.

And ofc cheaters still a problem, why Deca can’t log in and see with their own eyes players aimbotting & banhammer them I don’t know, but again that’s today’s Rotmg, and not just a Rifts thing.

Overall: good, wish I hadn’t been so busy and could’ve done a longer time on it.

Top 20 final leaderboard:

Forumers present: @Samix (1), @CrayKiller (2), @Keanann (4), @Albinum (6), @Kuchennimb (9), @DrPibb (10), @Cryptbros (11), @QuiverGod (12), @Blackiey (13), [@]Hinderance (15), [@]Infinistic (16) [too many to tag in one post, will add others below].

No fame bug

Additional tags from above post for top 20: @Hinderance (15), @Infinistic (16).

yes sir

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.