Rip x

I wasn’t a big fan of his music or him as a person, but xxxtentacion was shot and killed in Miami today. Starting this thread just as a little memorial because his music was pretty popular for the younger generation. You can reply with your favorite songs from him, why you love or hate him, or questions about him.

I don’t really care if you reply with hate or respect btw

Rip xxx

@moderators merge?

Also rip

Rest in peace x. Regardless of your taste in music or your opinion on how he conducted himself as a human, he was surely a talented individual. Died at 20 years old today.

That’s a newer thread, that one should be merged here

Really diverse artist, he had a bright future ahead of him. His sound and style will live on in other artists and his legacy will never die.

His music ranges from ear rape tracks, love songs, radio-pop tracks, 80s and 90s influenced sounds and anything else on the music spectrum.

I would recommend listening to all of his music on streaming platforms such as soundcloud, itunes, and spotify.

Ski Mask the slump god was his closest friend so hopefully his sound will live on through him. Also if you were wondering, most of his music was produced by ronny j just incase you want to check him out.

Maybe his friend won’t affiliate himself with gangs to look cool and get himself shot

Maybe his friend will actually become respected in the rap community

I’d say only the first thing is likely

He wasn’t involved in gang activity when he died, he was driving through the suburbs and got robbed and shot by two men. Do some research before you post nonsense smh

Pretty dumb statement. Also, if he wasn’t highly respected in the rap community, why would his death have such an impact on the entire rap community. Clown.

something tells me tauntaun is getting x mixed up with sixnine

It’s a true statement. Go around starting trouble it will catch up with you. Everyone has their moment of truth. wonder why he was driving through the hood? On his way to beat his girlfriend again? If his death surprises you, then you too are a clown.

Really he never lived long enough to have a big career .Just like Lil peep people are going to forget him in a week.

He isn’t 2pac or biggie whos deaths people still talk about to this day
His death has not changed rap, it may of changed some people though

People like to pretend to care about people when they die

ALSO

Everyone seems to not understood what I said

To clarify.

I was talking about this friend. As I said his friend.

I said maybe his friend won’t become mixed with up gangs

Saying hopefully his friend won’t become mixed with up the wrong crowd and get himself killed

Then again talking about this friend. I said maybe he will be become more respect in the rap community.

Which is to say. That he will grow from this experience and become a better person and rapper

Not confused at all. The guy was no angel anyone who thinks he is leiing to themselves

Not hating on a dead kid, everyone should think before they lunge at me like deranged apes

Nah man this guy was threepac

Came off and read like pure cynicism, to me at least.

Yep, only one I’ve actually cared about was total biscuit.

I never disagreed with that. However, this was never a point you made prior.

However, he was actually leaving a motorcycle dealership. As well as planning a charity event for this weekend. Nowhere did I say his death surprised me either.

And no, unlike lil peep, he won’t be forgotten that shortly. His style changed the entire genre of what we listen to today. Comparing X to lil peep might explain how much you listen to music/keep up with popular culture.

Nobody is pretending to care. Perhaps individuals just do.

he didnt beat his “pregnant girlfriend” as that she wasnt pregnant in the first place aand she made a gofundme to get plastic surgery and drop out of the case

and also he wasnt driving through the hood he was leaving a motorcycle shop

I’m not sure if you know how many people respected this dude. I feel like you’ve heard what the media has said about him and ignored all of the positives (:blush:

He never started trouble, only spreading positivity. Where are you hearing this from?

He was driving to a motorcycle dealership. Stop

He has the second most streams of any rap artist in the recent years. Only post malone beats him since he’s on the radio more. Even kanye said his music had a huge impact on him.

Much bigger than lil peep. Muchmuchmuch bigger.

Why are you constantly thinking these people were hanging around gangs? They weren’t

I don’t think anyone calls him an “angel.” He’s made mistakes but all he’s been doing is spreading positivity for the past year. He really was a great guy but obviously you want to focus on the negatives.

You are delusional

His supposed best friend said he threatened his family’s life. If we can’t believe him then who do we believe?
Starting fights with audience members and feuds with other rappers.

Really send those good vibes

The guy has been in and out of jail for a lot of things.

Robbery, assault ,battery among other things. You go around acting like a thug, you will hang out with thugs. If you think he didn’t hang around any gangsters you are fooling yourself

2pac is one of my favorite rappers but I’m not going to lie and say he was an innocent person who associated with good people

hmm. ive never heard of him but rest in peace.

i sorta see what @tauntauned means. all over my snapchat stories people were saying ‘rip x’, and 75% of them hadn’t ever heard of him before this event. As soon as they r gone, people act as if he was their brother.

Still, may he rest in peace.

it seemed like out of all the other rappers x was the one who had music like “riot” about how people are hypocrites and are causing violence to stop violence and truly tried to stop racism.

then there’s other people like sixnine who has some meaning in his music but its a lot about gang wars n killing people.

so i think x was a good rapper who was trying to do something good but he did some dumb shit and people should stop acting so blind as if they’ve never even heard of the bad shit hes done.