Robe of the Frost Lord (WIP need balancing help)

What I presented still gives a bit of Defensive power, but also takes away Health. It also gives much more modest stats everywhere else, which gives use to it. As it is, your presentation on it is rather… powerful. Like, a little too much.
People would just slap on a Bracer with this and be the ultimate DPS Priest, or get even more DPS with their Wizard. However, there was very little reason to not wear it over everything else, since it gives ridiculous stats on everything outside of Health and Defense.
Its MP is equivalent to that of the Tier 14 Robe, it gives far more Speed than the Water Dragon Silk Robe which has already been made almost useless by the Toga Picta, it gives just a bit less Wisdom than the Ritual Robe which comes from the Lost Halls, it gives 15 Vitality which no other item even comes close to(the closes competitor being the Candy Ring at 10), it gives 12 offensive Stats which is on par with the Forgotten Crown, and its Fame Bonus is 6%.
No matter where this drops from, there is no drawback to wearing it since you’re using it on a Robe class, which excels at range. Especially if that class is a Priest, which can heal itself.

Water Dragon Silk Robe still gives a higher damage boost, just is rarer.
At least, I think…

While this is correct, the Water Dragon Silk Robe gives 3 less Defense and no MP. For damage, Toga is far more useful due to this fact.

But, rushing and spd…
Also is better for showing off

For rushing, yes; for damage, not so much.

not sure where this is coming from, in my eyes 6 atk is roughly equal to 8 atk -3 dex. i personally prefer water silk, but that’s probably just me, considering i have multiple togas and i lost my last water silk a month ago

You must be blind.
Edit: Why u gotta edit ur post… it makes my post seem so much more out of place…

perhaps you should do a tiny bit of research before resorting to useless ad hominem?
29 PM
46 PM

Better if u show him then screenshot RE

What I was referring to was

when the 6 atk is actually superior damage wise

I know the stats because every LOD run, I hope for Water Silk or Fire Battle Dragon Armor, and I lost an Esben Skull and Toga on a necro when I was bad :frowning:

Which in itself could have been a problem for some people, I know many people who would much rather have a lower speed than an extremely high speed, as you can lose control of your characters when moving too fast.

fixed.

yes, it helps out with wismod on the classes that need it. nerfed.

and the Forgotten crown gives 110 HP, a defensive stat that this robe lacks.

Vit is practically useless if you have a pet, that’s why this gives a higher amount of it than any other stat.

Look at my newer stats and see if they’re better, I still don’t want defensive stats, as that’s supposed to be the drawback.

Vitality can be considered defensive. I won’t focus on that though, instead I’ll give you an idea as to why the robe itself is flawed with no changes to Defensive power at all.

Most people will not want to wear something that has absolutely no defense, no matter what the other benefits are. That’s why people don’t wear the Tlataoni over any robe, regardless of if they’re piss poor or not. Because it’s simple: Defense > No Defense, regardless of benefit. Otherwise, people would be wearing it left and right as a mini Ritual Robe, since it gives 8 Wisdom.

Rings are completely different than robes. Robes do not grant huge stat bonuses when it comes to Health, with the highest HP ring - being Decades - giving 190 of it. You can only draw a comparison between armors and rings when it comes to the Breastplate of New Life, because that’s the only item that gives a very large amount of Health outside of rings. Armors of all kinds are meant to give a whole lot of Defense or at least a little, which is why they’re named what they are. Armors are supposed to help you defend.

Wisdom Modifiers are already blessed enough by the Ritual Robe, which has its own drawbacks of less Defense and a bit less MP than Lab Robe/GSorc/Star Mother. That’s how it’s unique. So don’t take that away.

It giving much more Speed than the Water Dragon Silk Robe removes its last niche that it has to itself. DPS is already given to the Toga, which drops more commonly in a much easier dungeon, so why are you trying to rob it of that? And moving too fast is something that’s complete and utter bullshit, because if you had a problem with going too fast, then you wouldn’t be putting on even a Water Dragon Silk Robe or playing any Dagger class, or Warrior, or Ninja.

Uhh. Does it give any Def? I’m not seeing it.

Yes, but it isn’t even a fration as good as defense or HP, which is why the robe grants it.

Because Tlatloni gives no def and doesn’t provide equal benefits.

Yes, but if the benefits are good the robe can be used as a swapout, or even a main for prot priests.

Which is why I’m making an item to fill this niche, there isn’t really any other armor in the game that does this, other than Tlatloni, which is a low-tier robe.

I’m not, if you look at the new stats, this gives 4 less wis and no defense, with 5 less mana than a gsorc.

that was fixed, as I said in the last post, look at the new stats please.

I’m adding slightly higher benefits for 13 less def, I’m not robbing it of anything.

This is a common thing I hear against the warrior, many people would much rather not have speedy.

the speedy is only active when you want it to be, you don’t have to deal with it during boss fights of you don’t want to.

Stated multiple times in comments, no defensive stats is it’s weakness.

The vitality could in no way make up for the def loss, vitality is basically useless when you have a pet. 15 vit cannot make up for 10-15 def.

It’s hard to have a debate with someone that doesn’t see the point.

I mean, he might as well make it give permanent Armor Broken, Berserk and Damaging. That’d be just as balanced.

You’re bringing up points that I already fixed, the entire point of this robe is that it has no defense, but it provides other benefits. You keep saying that I’m taking over other robes’ niches. even after I fix your problem, I keep nerfing it, to the point now that it wouldn’t be useful at all.

I know, it kind of hard to fix my robe when people keep telling me to add def, which literally just defeats the entire purpose of the robe.

For the part I made about Wisdom Modifiers, you automatically assumed I was talking about your robe and not the Ritual Robe, because before it had more MP than GSorc and the same as Star Mother, even though I specifically mentioned less MP in that statement.

Also, making a straight upgrade to something like that doesn’t mean someone will want to wear it almost ever. When they would, it would likely be on nothing but a chest or somewhere that Defense literally has no purpose. Do you honestly think that people would wear a ring that gives nothing but +9 Dexterity and +9 Attack everywhere? Because I don’t.

You can have it be much less focused on Defense while still giving it that. Other people seem to agree with what I suggested more than what you have, and likely for good reason.

Would The robe be more balanced and useful if it were to have these stats rather than the currently listed ones?
Atk: 4
Wis: 8
Dex: 6
MP: 110
Fame bonus: 6%

• Yes
  • No
  • Other(leave a reply)

0 voters