Robe of the Frost Lord (WIP need balancing help)

@LockyCuck Would you mind telling me why you think it’s still not balanced/ useful?

its an interesting idea but the fact that it has no defence means its wayyy too risky to use especially since you arent getting a substancial enough buff to stats to be worth wearing

That’s why I asked for balancing ideas, almost everyone said the stats it had were OP and that I nerfed it, so I did, any suggestions to make this robe viable while keeping it’s no-defense trait intact?

i would say if you want to have it be useful and keep its unique idea i would say 8 att 10 wis 3 dex 8 spd and 100 mp since a robe class cant really afford losing the def of robes it should give you very strong stats especially the mp so they can use their abilities to recover lost health or to destroy enemies before they deal too much damage and spd so they can avoid the damage in situations where they must dodge

That’s pretty similar to what I had before, but pretty much everyone said it was OP

it still has 0 defense that makes up for it even with these stats a 0 def robe is one people will use as a switch out

That’s been my point all along but nobody got that, this is supposed to be a swapout, not a main, although I’d like to be able to be used as a main.

I’ll swap out some stats in a minute and put them up here.

Ok, new stats are in OP, are they better?

now the robe is bad.
5 atk
6 wis
4 spd
4 dex
6 vit
-45 hp
100 mp

I still gave my suggestion…

To be completely honest I agree with JohnMH when he was talking about the need of a rework, having a gemstone as a robe slot makes me think of when rogue was able to wear two rings but no armor, having 25 defense on a robe class is quite brutal, rings can’t give more than 10 defense I think that’s mainly why people see so much wizard play with robes such as shendyt and soulless, because not only does it supply a high amount of defense but they also give other useful traits for the user like an hp buff to help tankiness even more or mp to support a potential mana increasing ring. Staff classes maxing at 385 mana with no buffs is already an easy way of supplying an ability (not to mention pets or the high wisdom they have as well) wearing this robe on a prot priest with gemstone might be quite broken even… it has it’s ups and those seem a bit too strong and it has it’s downs and those seem to make it completely useless, a good item imo is something that is overall just right or not needed.

The defense won’t be a problem in it’s recommended usage areas, places in which def isn’t really needed, this could be used during Lost Halls, a dungeon where def is ignored by many of the enemies, and during different scenarios in which def won’t be useful, such as lavawalks.

This robe must be quite revealing to give no defense whatsoever :wink: (fan art pl0x)

Basically the rotmg version of those extremely revealing high level armours from other rpgs

Magical barrier but practically naked, that’s the way I see it.

Sometimes you just have to take the L, Horus. The way you’re going about the robe is going to ruin the incentive to actually wear it outside of suiciding or mass-spellbombing, which is something that can be easily fixed by just wearing a GSorc/Star Mother/Lab Robe and a Ub HP with a swapout ring on hand, or chests. That’s not something you want to go for.

Your robe is perfectly balanced lmao. Don’t think you need to take an L just because JohnMH doesn’t even understand the point of the robe. -13 def can be considered a very big loss, and adding a little bit more attack and dex, plus some mana (which, is less potent on robe classes as they have large base mana to begin with).

Yeah but seriously, it’s not a bad concept or anything

I’m not “taking the L” I’ve been busy irl and farming for the MT whites in-game, I’ve been reworking this robe on my own in private trying to find a balance.

<3

The “L” here would be a suggestion similar to what mine was, as it’s right out in the open that at least 4 people agree with me vs Brandon who agrees with you and Harry who agrees with the concept.

I mean, really. You asked for help with balancing, and the suggestion that people like most you just gloss over and try to de-justify because it doesn’t fit exactly what you wanted.

This is such a bad robe. Doesn’t encourage use for active gameplay and that’s pointless to have in the game.

I’m not going to completely delete my original concept, I asked for help balancing the robe around my already-existant idea, which some people helped me with.

That’s why I’m currently rebalancing it.